• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

10 states highest gun-related deaths

Zoar

Governor
No surprise you would throw out the race card since that is a trademark of the far Left.

What most intelligent people understand is that the comment points out that the US city with the strictest gun laws is also the deadliest city for homicide thus proving that gun bans and strict gun laws don't solve the problem of gang violence and domestic abuse. Now, you are free to throw your race card at anyone with whom you disagree, but it only makes you look like a fanatic.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/4/chicago-murder-rate-far-worse-strict-gun-control/
Chicago has the strictest gun-control laws in the country. “Assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines are completely banned, and up until a 2010 Supreme Court decision, handguns were banned, too.

Residents now can get a permit to own a gun, but the process requires training, background checks and a firearm owner’s identification card.

Only 7,640 people currently hold a firearms permit in Chicago, but police seized 7,400 guns used in crimes in 2012 alone, the Washington Examiner reports.
Hey, I know you only spew and do not read and take in any information, but I never said anything about gun control and in fact have posted many dozens of times I oppose gun control. I also oppose righties who deflect and deny that there is a gun violence problem in this US and that promoting for more guns and for people to use guns to shoot others is NOT helping, rather, in fact it contributes to the gun violence problem.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Hey, I know you only spew and do not read and take in any information, but I never said anything about gun control and in fact have posted many dozens of times I oppose gun control. I also oppose righties who deflect and deny that there is a gun violence problem in this US and that promoting for more guns and for people to use guns to shoot others is NOT helping, rather, in fact it contributes to the gun violence problem.
Happy 4th of July in da Hood:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Yet you say nothing about why you threw out the race card in a gun control thread. You certainly aren't denying what I posted.

Zoar

Governor
Yet you say nothing about why you threw out the race card in a gun control thread. You certainly aren't denying what I posted.
I didn't throw out any race card. I replied to a racist.

I feel very badly for you that you refuse to see this.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I didn't throw out any race card. I replied to a racist.

I feel very badly for you that you refuse to see this.
There was nothing racist in his post. You threw out the race card instead of replying to his comments logically and factually.

82 shot in Chicago 4th weekend........weekend isn't over...........☻
So according to Dawgy, inner city people shot in places like Chicago means we can not discuss mass shootings or gun violence where white people do the shooting. Racist much?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Blinders do not look good on you.
You're the one who threw out the race card responding to a post about a large number of shootings in Chicago. Dislike me all you want, but you can't even delete your posts now to cover it up since I've quoted you every time.

Zoar

Governor
You're the one who threw out the race card responding to a post about a large number of shootings in Chicago. Dislike me all you want, but you can't even delete your posts now to cover it up since I've quoted you every time.
Dude. This thread is about the top 10 state's with the highest rates of gun deaths. You and your fellow Rightys want to derail it because you want to deflect away from the truth. Ultra right wing states dominate that list.

Blinders, dude, blinders. You wear them and are oblivious!

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Dude. This thread is about the top 10 state's with the highest rates of gun deaths. You and your fellow Rightys want to derail it because you want to deflect away from the truth. Ultra right wing states dominate that list.

Agreed about a thread on gun deaths, so why did you throw the race card out again and get all pissy when called on it?

Wahbooz

Governor
I would be interested to see someone do some research and find out what percentage of the people who receive gunshot wounds in this country are actually innocents. By that I mean, how many of the people who get shot are not people involved in a criminal lifestyle? What percentage? That would be an interesting study.
That's the point, most victims of gun violence are criminals, with some victims. So many point out Detroit, but if you break down the numbers most are gang related.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
That's the point, most victims of gun violence are criminals, with some victims. So many point out Detroit, but if you break down the numbers most are gang related.
Agreed. I doubt many dispute that the major cause of violence in Chicago is criminal gangs. The problem isn't law-biding citizens with guns, it's criminals with guns. They need to solve the gang problem if they want to reduce violence in Chicago. Simply passing a feel good law about "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines isn't going to fix the problem there anymore than it would have stopped Dylann Roof from his murderous rampage.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
He's trying to present evidence that guns are bad and, therefore, should be banned or, at least, heavily regulated. By discussing the topic, people can poke holes in that over-simplified mentality.

trapdoor

Governor
He's trying to present evidence that guns are bad and, therefore, should be banned or, at least, heavily regulated. By discussing the topic, people can poke holes in that over-simplified mentality.
I know -- I was being ironic. Two-thirds of all "gun deaths" (a term that promotes a lot of irony), are suicides and accidents. I've yet to run across a gun control advocate who can tell me how making it hard for the millions of gun owners who cause no problem and commit no crimes, will somehow reduce accidents and suicides. The only thing that would reduce firearms related accidents or suicides, of course, would be a total ban on firearms -- something those touting "common sense" gun control laws say they don't desire.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I know -- I was being ironic. Two-thirds of all "gun deaths" (a term that promotes a lot of irony), are suicides and accidents. I've yet to run across a gun control advocate who can tell me how making it hard for the millions of gun owners who cause no problem and commit no crimes, will somehow reduce accidents and suicides. The only thing that would reduce firearms related accidents or suicides, of course, would be a total ban on firearms -- something those touting "common sense" gun control laws say they don't desire.
They claim that's not what they desire, but that is certainly the direction they are headed.

What aggravates and pisses them off the most is pointing out that most gang-violence, suicides and domestic violence are done with handguns and less than 10 shots are fired. Ergo, even if President Obama had reinstituted the Clinton gun ban, it wouldn't slow the violence since "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines rarely factor into those tragedies.

freyasman

Senator
JuliefromOhio, post: 1369877, member: 9561"]one would think that since I don't live there, I shouldn't care that the residents of those states kill their friends and family and themselves at higher rates, but I do care.[/QUOTE]
No you don't; you're just trying to push an agenda.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
JuliefromOhio, post: 1369877, member: 9561"]one would think that since I don't live there, I shouldn't care that the residents of those states kill their friends and family and themselves at higher rates, but I do care.
shouldn't you be out shooting someone?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

here, have a hanky Boar

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
one would think that since I don't live there, I shouldn't care that the residents of those states kill their friends and family and themselves at higher rates, but I do care.
like in your city in Ohio.............LMAO