• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

2/3 of the 47% Americans that Tax Cheat Mitt will ignore are not moochers.

Lobato1

Mayor
Since they are coughing up payroll taxes.

ai2.cdn.turner.com_money_dam_assets_120918041930_n_romney_tax_claim_00001420_video_11.jpg

BTW:

"Payroll tax refers to 2 different kinds of taxes. The 1st kind is the withholding tax & often covers advance payment of income tax & social security contributions. The 2nd kind is a tax that is paid from the employer's own funds & that is directly related to employing a worker, which can consist of a fixed charge or be proportionally linked to an employee's pay. The charges paid by the employer usually cover the employer's funding of the social security system."

Ergo: Basically, wages withheld for taxes are payroll tax. But it's also possible to pay payroll tax without having income tax withheld. In that case, money is withheld from paychecks to help finance the costs of employing the worker, & this can include Social Security & Medicare, but not necessarily income tax.

It's that latter class of people that make up the 28.3% in the chart above & that generally speaking the Mitt Romney’s will ignore from his America.

In addition the Tax Policy Center estimates that 4,000 households with incomes over $1 million ended up with zero federal income tax liability in 2011. Another 14,000 made between $500,000 and $1 million.

But their presence in the No Tax Club underlines the fact that the tax code is chock full of tax breaks & exceptions benefiting people up & down the income scale.

My Reference: http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/18/pf/taxes/romney-income-taxes-millionaires/

Sad.

Best Regards

Lobato1

Attachments

TaiPan

Council Member
No takers huh?

Why am I not surprised?

Best Regards

Lobato1
Well the only thing that I can see you left out is that the employer portion of the FICA taxes are tax deductible to the employer. So is healthcare premiums and a lot of other stuff...........including the empoyee's salary. So since they don't pay taxes on it, aren't they moochers ?

Tai Pan

Lobato1

Mayor
For starters thanks for answering I thought I was preaching in the desert

As for your contention of & i nyour words not mine:
"The employer portion of the FICA taxes are tax deductible to the employer. "
ergo & in your words not mine:

So since they don't pay taxes on it, aren't they moochers ?
The problem with your contention is that whether the employee pays taxes or not:

The FICA taxes are tax deductible to the employer.

Ergo:
They are not moochers.

Best Regards

Lobato1

Well the only thing that I can see you left out is that

"The employer portion of the FICA taxes are tax deductible to the employer. "

So is healthcare premiums and a lot of other stuff...........including the empoyee's salary.

So since they don't pay taxes on it, aren't they moochers ?

Tai Pan