• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

28May2015

Zam-Zam

Senator
On this day in history:

In 1830, the U.S. Congress authorized Indian removal from all states to western prairies.

In 1863, the first black regiment left Boston to fight in the Civil War.

In 1996, U.S. President Clinton's former business partners in the Whitewater land deal were convicted of fraud.

Quote for today:

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Mahatma Gandhi

Today is National Hamburger Day.
http://www.punchbowl.com/holidays/national-hamburger-day

Have a Blessed day.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
President Andrew Jackson was the one who authorized the removal of the Native Americans to Oklahoma territory wasn't he?
And the first Black regiment from Boston to fight in the Civil War was the 54th Massachusetts regiment wasn't it? They were led by Sgt. Robert Gould. The movie "Glory" was based on those soldiers.
I love reading your threads, Zam-Zam. It reminds me of things I've read in the past.:)

Zam-Zam

Senator
President Andrew Jackson was the one who authorized the removal of the Native Americans to Oklahoma territory wasn't he?
And the first Black regiment from Boston to fight in the Civil War was the 54th Massachusetts regiment wasn't it? They were led by Sgt. Robert Gould. The movie "Glory" was based on those soldiers.
I love reading your threads, Zam-Zam. It reminds me of things I've read in the past.:)

Glad you enjoy them. I find history fascinating.