• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

3 masked youths shot on Georgia resident’s property

Dino

Russian Asset
Before the situation is clouded with racial overtones does anyone want to go out on a limb and protect the property owner(s) who was armed and returned fire against what was either intimidation or a botched robbery?

I will.
If this was a black resident shooting three white youths coming to send him a message, more power to him!

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/17/us/georgia-teen-would-be-robbers-shot/index.html?r=https://www.bing.com/search?q=cnn%20georgia%20shooting%20masked%20&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=cnn%20georgia%20shooting%20masked%20&sc=0-28&sk=&cvid=CCDAD1BE142945E080FED95EFCB880F5

A Georgia homeowner shot and killed three masked teens as they approached his residence with their faces covered, authorities said.

The three victims, one 15-year-old and two 16-year-olds, were all from the area but did not live in the specific neighborhood they were in, the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office said.

The teens approached three residents at the front yard of a home early Monday morning and attempted to rob them, authorities say. One of the would-be robbers took out a gun and fired shots at them, before one of the residents returned fire.

"The victims of the attempted robbery were all uninjured, but the three attempted robbery suspects were all shot during the exchange of gunfire and succumbed to their injuries, one on scene and two at a local hospital after being transported," the sheriff's department said in a press release.

One neighbor told CNN affiliate WSB he heard someone asking for help.

"I heard a guy yelling for help. 'Help me help me, I'm dying, I'm dying, help me, help me," Brian Jenkins told the affiliate.

Another neighbor said they ran out to help after they heard what sounded like five shots from a handgun.

"Then I heard somebody have an assault rifle," Carlos Watson told WSB. "And it was a slew of shots that came out."

Georgia is one of at least 10 states with self-defense laws that include language stating a person may "stand his or her ground," according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Stand your ground laws allow people to respond to threats or force without fear of criminal prosecution.

Georgia Code states that "a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony. "

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Assuming all the facts are true, masked, open fired on property owner, I have zero problems with the victim returning fire.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Before the situation is clouded with racial overtones does anyone want to go out on a limb and protect the property owner(s) who was armed and returned fire against what was either intimidation or a botched robbery?

I will.
If this was a black resident shooting three white youths coming to send him a message, more power to him!

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/17/us/georgia-teen-would-be-robbers-shot/index.html?r=https://www.bing.com/search?q=cnn%20georgia%20shooting%20masked%20&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=cnn%20georgia%20shooting%20masked%20&sc=0-28&sk=&cvid=CCDAD1BE142945E080FED95EFCB880F5

A Georgia homeowner shot and killed three masked teens as they approached his residence with their faces covered, authorities said.

The three victims, one 15-year-old and two 16-year-olds, were all from the area but did not live in the specific neighborhood they were in, the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office said.

The teens approached three residents at the front yard of a home early Monday morning and attempted to rob them, authorities say. One of the would-be robbers took out a gun and fired shots at them, before one of the residents returned fire.

"The victims of the attempted robbery were all uninjured, but the three attempted robbery suspects were all shot during the exchange of gunfire and succumbed to their injuries, one on scene and two at a local hospital after being transported," the sheriff's department said in a press release.

"I heard a guy yelling for help. 'Help me help me, I'm dying, I'm dying, help me, help me," Brian Jenkins told the affiliate.

Another neighbor said they ran out to help after they heard what sounded like five shots from a handgun.

"Then I heard somebody have an assault rifle," Carlos Watson told WSB. "And it was a slew of shots that came out."

Georgia is one of at least 10 states with self-defense laws that include language stating a person may "stand his or her ground," according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Stand your ground laws allow people to respond to threats or force without fear of criminal prosecution.

Georgia Code states that "a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony. "
I'm hoping the intended victims were black and the perps were white. That would be a hoot. The Second Amendment is not just for white folks; it's for all Americans.

D

Deleted member 21794

I will.

Sounds like a clean shoot to me. What a shame liberals need to know the skin color of people involved in situations like this.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Sounds like a clean shoot to me. What a shame liberals need to know the skin color of people involved in situations like this.
If Lib news orgs do not report the color of the people involved then you can bet your ass that it was NOT whites shooting blacks.

Dino

Russian Asset
That’s why I posted this early: my hope to get them on the record before this story’s racial tendrils get brought in and bastardize the situation.
They prefer to play it safe and wait for the echo chamber to tell them what to think.

llovejim

Current Champion
That’s why I posted this early: my hope to get them on the record before this story’s racial tendrils get brought in and bastardize the situation.
They prefer to play it safe and wait for the echo chamber to tell them what to think.
aren't you the one making assumptions? you are getting mad at so-called liberals reacting to this story BEFORE anyone does!! geezus. take a midol!!

as with any shooting, the facts need to be gathered before any real judgment can be made, unless you want go off "half-cocked." supposedly 3 residents were in the front yard when these kids attacked them....shooting at them, and they happened to be carrying an assault weapon with them as they sat in the front yard? sounds kinda fishy to me.

and as an aside, why are trump voters on this thread believing the enemy of this country fake news site CNN about this story?

D

Deleted member 21794

aren't you the one making assumptions? you are getting mad at so-called liberals reacting to this story BEFORE anyone does!! geezus. take a midol!!

as with any shooting, the facts need to be gathered before any real judgment can be made, unless you want go off "half-cocked." supposedly 3 residents were in the front yard when these kids attacked them....shooting at them, and they happened to be carrying an assault weapon with them as they sat in the front yard? sounds kinda fishy to me.

and as an aside, why are trump voters on this thread believing the enemy of this country fake news site CNN about this story?
Translation: I don't know the skin colors of the parties involved, nor have I received any talking points on this. Look, there goes a squirrel!

llovejim

Current Champion
Translation: I don't know the skin colors of the parties involved, nor have I received any talking points on this. Look, there goes a squirrel!
yeah, that is what the trump voters said in their posts about this. takes one to know one. they don't even know who was or was not black or white and they are pre-emptively bitching at liberals for taking up for the black guys!! just amazing...

may i offer some insight into the color of the boys shot to death? probably white. as most trump voters will agree, black people look just alike, especially at night....why would they be wearing masks if black? the shootings occurred at 4 in the morning...why were these guys out in their front yard at 4 in the morning? something is fishy here...

from the CNN article sourced in the original post-

Dino

Russian Asset

I’m not “getting mad” at all. You, like the rest on the left, are acting totally predictable.
The only “details” you’ll allow to guide you in such a situation are the races of the people involved and perhaps anyone’s affiliation with the NRA.

I know it is early in the fact-finding and investigation process but let’s go with what CNN said as fact and theorize. Do you need more guidance just for that?

llovejim

Current Champion
I’m not “getting mad” at all. You, like the rest on the left, are acting totally predictable.
The only “details” you’ll allow to guide you in such a situation are the races of the people involved and perhaps anyone’s affiliation with the NRA.

I know it is early in the fact-finding and investigation process but let’s go with what CNN said as fact and theorize. Do you need more guidance just for that?
what are you talking about? when did i bring up what race anyone was? seriously. learn to read. i said we need to know more about what happened before taking any side. what does race have to do with that? the trump voters are the ones bitching at liberals for making it a race issue BEFORE any liberals, or even you, know what races were involved!! get it?

D

Deleted member 21794

yeah, that is what the trump voters said in their posts about this. takes one to know one. they don't even know who was or was not black or white and they are pre-emptively bitching at liberals for taking up for the black guys!! just amazing...

may i offer some insight into the color of the boys shot to death? probably white. as most trump voters will agree, black people look just alike, especially at night....why would they be wearing masks if black? the shootings occurred at 4 in the morning...why were these guys out in their front yard at 4 in the morning? something is fishy here...

from the CNN article sourced in the original post-

Thanks for proving Dino's point. Ooops!!! LOL

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to me you are just looking to be the first to start shiite over something there is no reason to be any shiite on at the moment. Masked armed robbers shoot at robbery victims at a private residence,victims return fire killing robbers. Yeah.... let's fight about that. Somebody must be leaving something out. It can't be that simple. Jeez! Enjoy yourself.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

We are predictable.
Never let a political opportunity for crying, news cycles, screaming 'racism', fundraising and hand wringing go to waste.

D

Deleted member 21794

Seems to me you are just looking to be the first to start shiite over something there is no reason to be any shiite on at the moment. Masked armed robbers shoot at robbery victims at a private residence,victims return fire killing robbers. Yeah.... let's fight about that. Somebody must be leaving something out. It can't be that simple. Jeez! Enjoy yourself.
It is that simple. Neither you, I or any other rational American will feel any differently about this shooting upon learning any demographics of the parties involved.

But it was llovejim who took the bait and made Dino's point on the race angle.

Dino

Russian Asset
Not trying to fight. Trying to see who would choose to stick their neck out and discuss the facts prior to the question of race is brought into it.
Do you NOT think the race of individuals involved often taint opinion in these situations?

Dino

Russian Asset
what are you talking about? when did i bring up what race anyone was? seriously. learn to read. i said we need to know more about what happened before taking any side. what does race have to do with that? the trump voters are the ones bitching at liberals for making it a race issue BEFORE any liberals, or even you, know what races were involved!! get it?
Who cares about race?
Feel free to comment on use of force, castle doctrine, stand your ground, the 2nd amendment, whether you feel the shooting was justified or not based on the facts we have so far.
Race may not necessarily play into your opinion. (I think it does though)

llovejim

Current Champion
Who cares about race?
Feel free to comment on use of force, castle doctrine, stand your ground, the 2nd amendment, whether you feel the shooting was justified or not based on the facts we have so far.
Race may not necessarily play into your opinion. (I think it does though)
you have to be an idiot to believe a person does not have the right to defend himself and his home especially if he is fired upon first!! why do you think anyone would be against that? i don't get why you went out of your way to gripe at liberals for being against it because they would think black kids were being shot by white guys. there is no reason to think that, and even if that were true, if the kids shot first, who the hell would be against shooting back? but why are black kids wearing masks at 4 in the morning? why are 3 residents in their front yard at 4 in the morning, with an assault weapon? or maybe with just regular guns? it seems fishy to me all the way around...that is why i said we need to know all the facts before condemning or praising anyone.