• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

7.2 unemployment - lowest since. 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Union_Jack_1972

This is based on OUR records!

Lee County, Mississippi
How many jobs were created in your county and how many people just stop looking and fell off the unemployment rolls?

Before you scream " What difference does it make!?! " remember I would be asking the same question if Bush were still President and if someone on the right was posting this information...

The fact is the Unemployment rate is not a true indicator of the real unemployment in this country seeing it does not count those that are no longer looking and are still jobless...

The fact is unemployment is still high, and the lack of higher paying jobs is still evident...

The fact is our Federal, State, and Local governments have failed to return us to the Clinton Era job growth, and even though many use the Unemployment Numbers as a indicator to boost their moral within their ranks does not mean the economy and the job situation as gotten back on track...

Now before you go all out on the Leftwinger attack note the fact is I would be this way no matter a Democrat or Republican sat in the White House...

Also the fact is the President has little to do with the movement of the Unemployment rate and the fact is our State and Local governments have more to do with this...

So now I expect the typical attack of me being anti-Obama while you ignore what I really wrote...

JV-12

Mayor
This is based on OUR records!

Lee County, Mississippi
I bet you could have gone through 1944 Germany and found five stories that made some people happy. Then you publish those 5 stories ONLY and you can have a headline "Germany, a nice place to visit."

How many jobs were created in your county and how many people just stop looking and fell off the unemployment rolls?

Before you scream " What difference does it make!?! " remember I would be asking the same question if Bush were still President and if someone on the right was posting this information...

The fact is the Unemployment rate is not a true indicator of the real unemployment in this country seeing it does not count those that are no longer looking and are still jobless...

The fact is unemployment is still high, and the lack of higher paying jobs is still evident...

The fact is our Federal, State, and Local governments have failed to return us to the Clinton Era job growth, and even though many use the Unemployment Numbers as a indicator to boost their moral within their ranks does not mean the economy and the job situation as gotten back on track...

Now before you go all out on the Leftwinger attack note the fact is I would be this way no matter a Democrat or Republican sat in the White House...

Also the fact is the President has little to do with the movement of the Unemployment rate and the fact is our State and Local governments have more to do with this...

So now I expect the typical attack of me being anti-Obama while you ignore what I really wrote...
Yah yah and yah.. That story is getting old. Just like putting it all on Bush was getting old....this song and dance is getting old also !!!

fairsheet

Senator
When a GOP's in the White House, Dems insist that "REAL" unemployment is worse than the official figure suggests. When a Dem's in the White House, GOPs insist that "REAL" unemployment is worse than the official figure suggests.

It's funny how that works. In any case, time and again I've challenged this forum to offer up the story of someone they know personally (change names to protect the innocent) who's simply "given up" looking for work. I've yet to get a response to this one. And..this isn't to suggest that there ARE no examples. It's just that if the problem is as widespread as some are shouting, you'd think someone would know someone in that boat!

U

Union_Jack_1972

You can't prove what you wrote.... Just your opinion.
I can not prove that the Unemployment Rate is not a accurate number of those unemployed in this nation?

I can not prove that President Obama has very little to do with the rise or fall of those numbers?

You are kidding right?

the fact is the unemployment rate does not factor in those that fell off the rolls and stop looking for work, you do understand this, right?

It is not opinion when it is stated many times we do not accurately show the true unemployment rate for the country nor for region to region...

So you claim it is 7.8% and what is the actual real number when you factor in those no longer on the rolls and have stopped looking for work?

Can you answer that simple question?

U

Union_Jack_1972

When a GOP's in the White House, Dems insist that "REAL" unemployment is worse than the official figure suggests. When a Dem's in the White House, GOPs insist that "REAL" unemployment is worse than the official figure suggests.

It's funny how that works. In any case, time and again I've challenged this forum to offer up the story of someone they know personally (change names to protect the innocent) who's simply "given up" looking for work. I've yet to get a response to this one. And..this isn't to suggest that there ARE no examples. It's just that if the problem is as widespread as some are shouting, you'd think someone would know someone in that boat!
I did for awhile...

Lost my job back in 2010 and took the unemployment until it ran out... ( Vacation time for me and do not regret it )

I went looking for a new job and gave up after a few months of lower end job offers and a few months later started my own business once again...

So as much as you and Cotton claim that numbers are accurate they are not... The fact is the real unemployment rate is higher than what is shown...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2013/07/05/why-the-real-unemployment-rate-is-higher-than-you-think/

Now you can argue until you are blue in the face about how it is accurate but I said the same damn thing when Bush was in office and the fact is the unemployment rate released by the Federal government is actually inaccurate, but by all means prove me wrong...

fairsheet

Senator
I did for awhile...

Lost my job back in 2010 and took the unemployment until it ran out... ( Vacation time for me and do not regret it )

I went looking for a new job and gave up after a few months of lower end job offers and a few months later started my own business once again...

So as much as you and Cotton claim that numbers are accurate they are not... The fact is the real unemployment rate is higher than what is shown...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2013/07/05/why-the-real-unemployment-rate-is-higher-than-you-think/

Now you can argue until you are blue in the face about how it is accurate but I said the same damn thing when Bush was in office and the fact is the unemployment rate released by the Federal government is actually inaccurate, but by all means prove me wrong...
Rather than letting loose with that byte dump, you shoulda offered me one example of someone who's off the official roles because they've just given up looking for work. If what you spew is true, it shouldn't be that hard.

I did for awhile...

At first I understood that probably people who had quit applying for job etc... But now, in my area, don't see that. The economy here is much better... Is it where it should be...no! Considering where the economy came from from the collapse during the Bush administration in 2008, it is come along way !

I'm shocked... that you would take that position. You need to find another story. It doesn't fly. It's partisan politics as usual. It's getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.