• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

9/11: Freedom Attacked - Freedom Defended

El Veto-Voter

No one in power represents me.
How was "Our Freedom" defended (after 9/11)?

In solemn memory of the devastation of the 9/11 attacks, of 15 years ago, I thought it proper to start a thread on its effects on the world, society, and especially "Our Freedom".

Immediately after the 911 attacks, President GW Bush said that "our freedom" had been attacked and that "our freedom" would be defended.

In order to defend our freedom he then took it away and locked it up tight (The Patriot Act).

Freedom is not like gold. You can't protect it in a vault.

How was "Our Freedom" defended (after 9/11)?

In solemn memory of the devastation of the 9/11 attacks, of 15 years ago, I thought it proper to start a thread on its effects on the world, society, and especially "Our Freedom".

Immediately after the 911 attacks, President GW Bush said that "our freedom" had been attacked and that "our freedom" would be defended.

In order to defend our freedom he then took it away and locked it up tight (The Patriot Act).

Freedom is not like gold. You can't protect it in a vault.
The Mosque Wears a Mask

Why didn't anyone protest the security regulations in World War II? The only difference between 9/11 and Pearl Harbor is that Islam didn't suffer the retaliation that Japan did. The suppressed fact that this unnecessarily drawn-out and misfocused war was fought for domestic political and financial gain is the real cause of your resentment.

Last edited:

El Veto-Voter

No one in power represents me.
The Mosque Wears a Mask

Why didn't anyone protest the security regulations in World War II. The only difference between 9/11 and Pearl Harbor is that Islam didn't suffer the retaliation that Japan did. This unnecessarily drawn-out and misfocused war fought for domestic political and financial gain is the real cause of your resentment.
Hey Sage!

Actually some did protest the persecutions performed in the name of security in WWII, but they didn't get much publicity except for their arrests.

Resentment? I don't think so.

Decades ago I came to terms with the fact that the world is not what we were taught in primary school, that there are no such things as inalienable rights or inalienable duties, and that freedom, as far as government is concerned, is just a slogan to use to subjugate the masses.

I watch, learn, ponder, educate, and laugh at all the clowns.

Just thought I'd point out that freedom can't be defended by locking it in a vault.

Decades ago I came to terms with the fact that the world is not what we were taught in primary school, that there are no such things as inalienable rights or inalienable duties, and that freedom, as far as government is concerned, is just a slogan to use to subjugate the masses.

I watch, learn, ponder, educate, and laugh at clowns.

What Freedom Needs Is an Ambidextrous Guillotine

As phony as the free market and its iron control over our schools and media. Don't be a sucker for those who want us to discredit only one branch of the Establishment.

EatTheRich

President
The Mosque Wears a Mask

Why didn't anyone protest the security regulations in World War II? The only difference between 9/11 and Pearl Harbor is that Islam didn't suffer the retaliation that Japan did. The suppressed fact that this unnecessarily drawn-out and misfocused war was fought for domestic political and financial gain is the real cause of your resentment.
People did protest the so-called security regulations in WWII, the muzzling of the unions and the dissidents under the pretext of those so-called security regulations, the racist application of those so-called security regulations, and the war itself, which was likewise run by the government as a profit-generating enterprise. Because of it, and because of the ongoing resistance to the national security state and the imperialist war party, there is more freedom to protest now than there was then.

EatTheRich

President
What Freedom Needs Is an Ambidextrous Guillotine

As phony as the free market and its iron control over our schools and media. Don't be a sucker for those who want us to discredit only one branch of the Establishment.
The popular masses (the biggest victims of the French guillotines including during the revolution's most democratic phase under Robespierre) are not a branch of the Establishment.