1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of really disturbing articles...

Discussion in 'Latest Political News and Current Events' started by freyasman, May 2, 2018.

1. freyasman

freyasman Senator

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Capitalist

Capitalist Governor

Why am I starting a farm on my new property? Oh yeah. These links.

Not the only reasons but they figure in. And I’ve covered or am covering all the bullet points mentioned.

Really excellent links!

I agree totally with the first one except for the bit about “extreme capitalism.” We haven’t experienced extreme capitalism in over a hundred years. Our problem is not extreme capitalism. Our problem is spiritual. Stay with me here just a sec. Put on your “average American” hat and ask yourself this question:

Why should I give a damn about my neighbor when the government is going to give a damn for me?

Obamacare. Gun control. Education. A hundred other programs. These are all about the government giving a damn so I don’t have to. I’ve already met all my neighbors except one—the recluse, but I’ll meet him soon. My nearest neighbor is half a mile away. To my surprise, he’s an old man with a career in farming. I REALLY give a damn about him! He’ll advise me on farming and I’ve already helped him move his refrigerator and a couple of 200lb tables. That’s the way it works folks! That’s what neighbors are for!

Meanwhile, my coworker in an apartment is about to strangle his neighbors for partying at 3:30 in the morning.

We don’t give a damn about anyone anymore because we’ve outsourced it. That is a spiritual issue. For a hundred years the government has tried to replace it’s greatest competitor, God. And it is succeeding.

The government has tried to separate us, divide us, leave us desperate to cling to something. And they are that something. Have they been successful?

Well shit! Just read the links!

Ain’t no harm in prepping. Ain’t no harm in being a Boy Scout—being prepared, being strong, being polite, being spiritual.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. freyasman

freyasman Senator

I spend most of my free time riding my Harley around looking at property in the country. I need enough acreage to raise those dogs I've talked about,

and to have a decent vegetable garden on it. I also want a well, if possible. I am also intending to put in some RV hookups to make it easier for members of my tribe to visit or maybe even move out there with me, someday.

I'm not planning for the rest of my life, I'm trying to build a safe home base for my grandchild and the rest of the tribe's offspring her age, so they can be raised right, and always have somewhere safe to go.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

@freyasman
    Preppers should get themselves catamaran sailboats.

• Like Like x 1
  5. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

You've got to feed that dog :0)

upload_2018-5-2_14-56-59.

This with unclipped ears.

upload_2018-5-2_14-58-3.

• Like Like x 2
  6. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

• Like Like x 1
  7. freyasman

freyasman Senator

Puppies go for anywhere from 1-2K each, depending on the quality. I think I can afford to feed them and still make a few bucks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. freyasman

freyasman Senator

Those Dogos are good dogs, a guy in my neighborhood has one. I see him walking it regularly.

9. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

• Like Like x 1
  10. Capitalist

Capitalist Governor

Opportunities for use are limited in Colorado.

11. Spamature

Spamature President

Here is what I don't get about doomsday prep. There are tons of countries that have fallen apart and fell into civil war and chaos. You never hear about the preppers there. All you ever see are the refugees whose plan consisted of getting the F out when the fit hits the shan.

I don't think it is a workable real world solution to a massive destabilizing event.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  12. Capitalist

Capitalist Governor

Thanks for sharing.

13. Spamature

Spamature President

You're welcome !

14. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

World is 2/3rds water and fiishing easier than farming :0)

• Like Like x 1
  15. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

You probably do hear about them, they are just called "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "warlords" or "death squads" instead of "preppers."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. BobbyT

BobbyT Governor

True. Why grow or make your own shit when you can kill people and take their shit.

17. Tor-Pete-O

Tor-Pete-O Mayor

Because inevitably you'll wind up dead as well

18. Spamature

Spamature President

Or the Grand Poohbah of Duluth

19. Spamature

Spamature President

Like this ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. freyasman

freyasman Senator

You never hear about them, you mean.... Look up FerFAL, and Selco, and read their shit.
    Knowing when to leave a place is the most important decision you can make, and most everyone gets it wrong.
    Ideally, you want to be the person who transferred all his money to another bank in a safe country, and flew out with a flash drive full of all your important documents scanned on it in one pocket, and a bunch of cash and a sack full of Kruggerands in the other pocket, a week before the place burned. That's what separates "bugging out", from being a refugee walking down the side of the road with everything you got left in a couple garbage bags.
    A lot of times, sheltering in place is the way to go though, and that means you need to plan ahead, just like the guy who made a successful run for it did.