• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Draft Dodger Shouldn't Be Elected President. Right, Democrats?

Zam-Zam

Senator
They were just trying to throw you teabaggers a bone.

This so called "Lie of the year" is for something they previously ranked as half true two different times.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/aug/11/barack-obama/barack-obama-promises-you-can-keep-your-health-ins/
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jun/29/barack-obama/barack-obama-says-under-his-health-care-law-those-/

Yet that is all you come up with in comparison to the nearly 11 thousand lies told to you by your teabagger messiah while you grinned and nodded and proclaim "it's all good".

Oh my lord the hypocrisy from you wingers is astounding.
Half true!....:p

Partisans will always find a way to rationalize a lie told by someone they adore.

Color me unimpressed.

It's all good.

Spamature

President
Half true!....:p

Partisans will always find a way to rationalize a lie told by someone they adore.

Color me unimpressed.

It's all good.
So how did half true become lie of the year when GOPers were getting pants on fire ratings on a daily basis back then in regards to HCR.

In hindsight there claim that they had a Healthcare plan was lie of the year all the way from 2011 through 2017. There was NEVER a replacement for their repeal.

Zam-Zam

Senator
So how did half true become lie of the year when GOPers were getting pants on fire ratings on a daily basis back then in regards to HCR.

In hindsight there claim that they had a Healthcare plan was lie of the year all the way from 2011 through 2017. There was NEVER a replacement for their repeal.

Half-a-lie is, of course, a lie. It's an attempt to deceive. That's beside the point, however.

The real point is that, if someone you like tells a lie, you'll attempt to defend it. The lie doesn't bother you.

If someone you don't like, however, says something you deem a lie, you're horrified and outraged. Such a person is not fit to be the President, you argue.

Which is, of course, hilarious.

It's all good.

Spamature

President
Half-a-lie is, of course, a lie. It's an attempt to deceive. That's beside the point, however.

The real point is that, if someone you like tells a lie, you'll attempt to defend it. The lie doesn't bother you.

If someone you don't like, however, says something you deem a lie, you're horrified and outraged. Such a person is not fit to be the President, you argue.

Which is, of course, hilarious.

It's all good.
A half true statement does not qualify as lie of the year when GOPers were rattling off pants on fire tales daily. They just threw you wingers a bone after all your carping about it and bias.

Zam-Zam

Senator
A half true statement does not qualify as lie of the year when GOPers were rattling off pants on fire tales daily. They just threw you wingers a bone after all your carping about it and bias.
Again, you're defending the lie....Obviously, the lie does not bother you.

You're proving my point. Please carry on.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I am saying it does not qualify as lie of the year in a year full of YUGE republican lies.
Of course yo don't think it does. It was told by someone you like, so you defend it. It will never bother you.

That's obviously pretty subjective (at least it will be obvious to most).

So, should we take your word for what is a lie and what isn't?

No, of course not.

So here we are.

It's all good.

Spamature

President
Of course yo don't think it does. It was told by someone you like, so you defend it. It will never bother you.

That's obviously pretty subjective (at least it will be obvious to most).

So, should we take your word for what is a lie and what isn't?

No, of course not.

So here we are.

It's all good.
Compared to these ACA WHOPPERS from wingers it was competing against ?

Congress is exempt from the health care law. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said, "President Obama just granted all of Congress an exception" to Obamacare during an August speech in Iowa. False.

Obamacare will question your sex life. Betsy McCaughey wrote an op-ed for the New York Post in September that said doctors will be required to ask about your sex life under Obamacare. Pants on Fire.

No U.S.-trained doctors will accept Obamacare. In an October column, Ann Coulter wrote, "No doctors who went to an American medical school will be accepting Obamacare." Pants on Fire.

The IRS will keep a database of health secrets. In May, Michele Bachmann gave a TV interview in which she claimed the IRS is going to be "in charge" of "a huge national database" on health care that will include Americans’ "personal, intimate, most close-to-the-vest-secrets." Pants on Fire.

Obamacare means forced home inspections. Bloggers passed around a claim in August that a health care law provision will allow "forced home inspections" by government agents. Pants on Fire.

Muslims are exempt from Obamacare. A chain email claimed the word "Dhimmitude" is on page 107 of the health care law and means "Muslims are specifically exempted from the government mandate to purchase insurance." Pants on Fire.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/dec/02/2013-lie-year-finalists-vote-readers-poll/

Give me a break.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Compared to these ACA WHOPPERS from wingers it was competing against ?

Congress is exempt from the health care law. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said, "President Obama just granted all of Congress an exception" to Obamacare during an August speech in Iowa. False.

Obamacare will question your sex life. Betsy McCaughey wrote an op-ed for the New York Post in September that said doctors will be required to ask about your sex life under Obamacare. Pants on Fire.

No U.S.-trained doctors will accept Obamacare. In an October column, Ann Coulter wrote, "No doctors who went to an American medical school will be accepting Obamacare." Pants on Fire.

The IRS will keep a database of health secrets. In May, Michele Bachmann gave a TV interview in which she claimed the IRS is going to be "in charge" of "a huge national database" on health care that will include Americans’ "personal, intimate, most close-to-the-vest-secrets." Pants on Fire.

Obamacare means forced home inspections. Bloggers passed around a claim in August that a health care law provision will allow "forced home inspections" by government agents. Pants on Fire.

Muslims are exempt from Obamacare. A chain email claimed the word "Dhimmitude" is on page 107 of the health care law and means "Muslims are specifically exempted from the government mandate to purchase insurance." Pants on Fire.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/dec/02/2013-lie-year-finalists-vote-readers-poll/

Give me a break.
I'm giving you a break. I'm just not accepting you as the arbiter of what is and isn't a lie.

It's all good.

Spamature

President
I'm giving you a break. I'm just not accepting you as the arbiter of what is and isn't a lie.

It's all good.
The fact arbitrate what is and isn't a lie.

The fact is you could actually keep your healthcare policy under the grandfather clause until 2018. If the insurance company did not substantially change the provisions. That was told to the public in the law.