• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Draft Dodger Shouldn't Be Elected President. Right, Democrats?

Nostra

Governor
Neither do you. I have reason to believe, since I have no reason to think she is lying.
I heard Joe Biden's Dr's barber said he told them Joe Biden's dad came to him to falsely claim he had asthma because lil Joey was getting picked on by the girls during dodge ball, and having asthma got him out of gym class.

lil Joey Biden used this to dodge the draft.

I have no proof, so Biden needs to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Seems likely that both parties have individuals within their ranks who managed to avoid military service one way or another. I doubt that either can claim any moral high ground on that issue.

My two cents.
Since the repubs want to be the pro-military party it matters. They wanted to dis Kerry's service, even though he volunteered for hazardous duty. Swift boats were crewed by all volunteers. I know because in boot camp they tried to get us to sign up for Swift boats.

What really stands out is the privileged few who got out of serving in combat by the use of the family name or bogus deferments. I was 18 and in the last draft. I looked for ways to get out, because who wants to be the last guy to die in a war we are already trying to get out of? I dodged the draft by joining the Navy.....Bush dodged the draft by using family influence to get into the Guard....ahead of a 2 year wait. Cheney dodged the draft by getting his wife pregnant (I had other priorities)...Trump did it by getting a doctor's excuse for non-existant bone spurs.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Since the repubs want to be the pro-military party it matters. They wanted to dis Kerry's service, even though he volunteered for hazardous duty. Swift boats were crewed by all volunteers. I know because in boot camp they tried to get us to sign up for Swift boats.

What really stands out is the privileged few who got out of serving in combat by the use of the family name or bogus deferments. I was 18 and in the last draft. I looked for ways to get out, because who wants to be the last guy to die in a war we are already trying to get out of? I dodged the draft by joining the Navy.....Bush dodged the draft by using family influence to get into the Guard....ahead of a 2 year wait. Cheney dodged the draft by getting his wife pregnant (I had other priorities)...Trump did it by getting a doctor's excuse for non-existant bone spurs.
I would think that both parties would like at least the appearance of being pro-military. So, unless you're asserting that the Democrats are anti-military, your argument really doesn't work.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I would think that both parties would like at least the appearance of being pro-military. So, unless you're asserting that the Democrats are anti-military, your argument really doesn't work.
The republicans make the claim both that they are the pro-military party and the dems hate the military. I have not heard the claim by dems that the repubs are anti-military, have you?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Yup...because nuclear launch codes are in the same class of conversation as between a doctor and his daughter about a famous patient. o_O
the class of conversation is immaterial. You implied because she was the doctors daughter, she was privy to information about Trump.

Apples and apples.

Zam-Zam

Senator
The republicans make the claim both that they are the pro-military party and the dems hate the military. I have not heard the claim by dems that the repubs are anti-military, have you?
I most certainly have.

I 'm not personally an adherent to the theory that all members of a group think monlithically.

Are you?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Compared to the anti-military DNC party. After 4 deferments and denied 5th to study abroad your HERO enlisted in Navy RESERVES and spent 4 (months) in Nam (didn't leave in a body bag)! and I NEVER heard anyone speak of or try to get anyone in boot camp try volunteer for Swift boats...…..why post BS and have leftist think they would try get a damn raw ass recruit volunteer for SB's? (yeah, so hazardous YOU saying perfect duty for E-1's :) Your Lying.

Surely you know Guard ^ Reserves are same, but, you praise Hanoi Johnny and Piss on Bush......Biden got for asthma while scoring touchdowns!

Jen

Senator
Let's set aside Bill Clinton. We all knew he hated the military when we elected him.

I do recall hearing about Dick Cheney being a draft dodger quite a bit before and after Bush defeated loser Al Gore.

Now comes 2020. And look what we have here. Hidin' Joe Biden took as many deferments as Dick Cheney. Why was Hidin' Joe Biden such a coward?

I have a feeling being a draft dodger isn't such a big deal to DemocRATS in 2020.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/01/bidens-draft-deferments-equal-cheneys-during-vietn/
It is totally DIFFERENT when a Democrat is a draft dodger. That's what Dems think anyway.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Hey Zam, during boot camp did they try to get you or anyone to volunteer for Swift Boats...……..

Bear Claw

President
the rating abuser

ROFFLMAAO

You are the joke here with your current pathetic negative rating as you gave now hit

a grand total of

Pot calling kettle black??

9,ooo on average per year.

Nothing to be very proud of!

Grow up!

ROFFLMAAO

Last edited:

Nostra

Governor
ROFFLMAAO

You are the joke here with your current pathetic negative rating as you gave now hit

a grand total of

Pot calling kettle black??

9,ooo on average per year.

Nothing to be very proud of!

Grow up!

ROFFLMAAO

"9000 per day"

Really?