• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Fetus AT 6 Weeks, Possible Heartbeat, Vs. What Repubs Think A 6-Week Fetus Looks Like

llovejim

Current Champion
ever heard of googles? fact check the hell out of me. even george bush said he could "use the googles on the internets." go for it. don't let nothing but fear and common sense hold you back.
You said no baby can survive before 22 weeks. You said a baby has no brain before 22 weeks. The internet says you are wrong and so does my personal experience. YOU don't know what you are talking about and rather than be smart enough to shut up and drop the issue you are trying arrogance and bravado instead.
I am related to a baby born weighing a mere two pounds. Not only did she have a fully functioning heart and brain when she was born, she was strong enough to go home weighing 4.5 pounds. She is intellectually gifted.
I am personal acquainted with a 14 year old girl who weighed just 1 pound at birth. She is normal in every way.
Do you really want to try and prove that a baby suddenly develops a fully formed brain between 22 and 24 weeks?
https://www.verywellfamily.com/worlds-smallest-preemies-2748663[/QUOTE]
how can you believe anybody believes a fetus SUDDENLY develops a brain at any time? it is a matter of development, and it varies somewhat from one to another. the medical standard, though, is between a certain time, and that is when the fetus is then alive, and is a human being, and the state has a compelling interest in its safety and protection, not just the mother. what part of that is so hard to understand? even if the variance is between 20 weeks or 28 weeks, as long as it is somewhere in that range, as Planned Parenthood and other real experts all admit and clearly understand, that is when not just the mother is involved, but also another conscious, sentient human being....it certainly does not occur at 6 weeks, like so many backward states are trying to promote and pass laws legislating which is total bullshit.

I take it you are also against these states that use an artificial date of 6 weeks as the date, when, if you believe the fetus is alive at time of conception, the are making it legal for a woman to "kill" that developing fetus, because it has no heartbeat....right? are they not just as morally wrong, in your view, as a state that uses a functioning brain and consciousness as the time when the fetus is now a human being, with consciousness, and the mother is not the only human being involved in the abortion?

Fetuses develop the ability to feel pain around the 27th week of pregnancy. 99% of abortions occur prior to this.
You are making quite a few claims without providing any verification or substantiation. How about backing some of these claims up with facts?
Most of the claims made here about when babies become sentient or feel pain are subject to ongoing scientific study.

thanks for the source..interesting. but even though these creatures do not have what we call brains, they have receptors and certain organs that ACT as brains, just very differently from most animals and even other aquatic organisms. it shows how life has evolved in the universe, and these strange creatures have not evolved very much from when they first appeared eons ago, long before man and even animals. kinda shoots a hole in the whole creationism theory, too.
Actually, it shoots Darwinism in the face. An animal that lacks a brain cannot possibly understand what it needs to "will" to grow, to climb out of the water and walk.
On the other hand, a created animal can obviously survive without a brain and never know it "needs" anything else.

Nostra

Governor
Actually, it shoots Darwinism in the face. An animal that lacks a brain cannot possibly understand what it needs to "will" to grow, to climb out of the water and walk.
On the other hand, a created animal can obviously survive without a brain and never know it "needs" anything else.

I find it hilarious that the OP, who continuously touts how he is much smarter than anyone else, was ignorant of the well known fact there are many animals who do not have a brain.

I'm beginning to think he is one of them.

llovejim

Current Champion
the will to grow? you think that is what evolution is all about? geezus. did you even finish grade school? you have no concept of science, history or logic. it is like you quit thinking at the age of 10.

That doesn't mean they are sentient beings at the time of viability !!!

DAMN !!!
Babies born at 22 weeks are complete with the "startle" reflex. That, my friend is a reaction to a sudden loud sound or other disturbance and the result is fear. Yes, viable babies at 22 weeks are sentient. They can also feel pain.
Your argument that only "sentient" humans are alive is simplistic and false on it's face. Science is not going to be the friend of the pro-abortion groups as time reveals even more about the lies the pro-abortion crowd believes.

llovejim

Current Champion
I find it hilarious that the OP, who continuously touts how he is much smarter than anyone else, was ignorant of the well known fact there are many animals who do not have a brain.

I'm beginning to think he is one of them.
they do not have what we call brains, certain exotic life forms that are at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, who, by being so isolated from other species and not needing to adapt in order to survive, have not evolved from the earliest stages of animal life and are almost hybrid plant/animals. but they do have receptors and organs that act as brains do in more evolved animals, it is just not developed as much. i cannot believe you count slugs and cucumber looking deep water creatures as that similar to conscious animals who have evolved so far above these creatures and do have brains. and more consciousness. the only exception is the jellyfish, which is such a bizarre entity it is like it came from another planet. are you really this stupid or are you making fun of stupid people who would post such drooling grade school bullshit?

llovejim

Current Champion
Babies born at 22 weeks are complete with the "startle" reflex. That, my friend is a reaction to a sudden loud sound or other disturbance and the result is fear. Yes, viable babies at 22 weeks are sentient. They can also feel pain.
Your argument that only "sentient" humans are alive is simplistic and false on it's face. Science is not going to be the friend of the pro-abortion groups as time reveals even more about the lies the pro-abortion crowd believes.
who argues that? 22 weeks is about right for the brain to develop consciousness. why are you arguing that? Planned Parenthood agrees!! scientists agree!

Nostra

Governor
they do not have what we call brains, certain exotic life forms that are at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, who, by being so isolated from other species and not needing to adapt in order to survive, have not evolved from the earliest stages of animal life and are almost hybrid plant/animals. but they do have receptors and organs that act as brains do in more evolved animals, it is just not developed as much. i cannot believe you count slugs and cucumber looking deep water creatures as that similar to conscious animals who have evolved so far above these creatures and do have brains. and more consciousness. the only exception is the jellyfish, which is such a bizarre entity it is like it came from another planet. are you really this stupid or are you making fun of stupid people who would post such drooling grade school bullshit?
^^^^^^TILT^^^^^

:D

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
what do you think? something with no brain would not be alive...what part of that do you not understand? this fetus outside the mother's womb would wither and cease to exist within minutes due to it NOT HAVING ANY FUNCTION BRAIN, NO FUNCTIONING INTERNAL ORGANS, EXCEPT A HEART, WHICH DEVELOPS BEFORE EVEN THE EYELIDS DO!! that is not being alive....nobody is claiming this is not significant, that mothers should not even take any time and consideration before ending this tiny fetus' chance at developing in another 16 weeks or so into a human being, but it is a lie to say it is alive at this time in its development. IT IS FREAKING SCIENCE...YOU CAN'T DENY IT.
It's bad English and not science...It's creation and that is a child.