• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A final word on GLOBAL WARMING cultism

justoffal

Senator
http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/01/20/mit-climate-scientist-dr-richard-lindzen-on-hottest-year-claim-why-lend-credibility-to-this-dishonesty/

It boils down to politics and funding. It's all about Cultism and power grabbing. Honest science does not try to force a viewpoint the way the Global warming / climate change cultists have done and keep doing. No longer interested in opposing viewpoints they simply want what they want.... Right now it suits their purpose to tweak numbers, falsify data and shout down opponents.

Lysenkoism lives.

Jo

Last edited:
http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/01/20/mit-climate-scientist-dr-richard-lindzen-on-hottest-year-claim-why-lend-credibility-to-this-dishonesty/

It boils down to politics and funding. It's all about Cultism and power grabbing. Honest science does not try to force a viewpoint the way the Global warming / climate change cultists have done and keep doing. No longer interested in opposing viewpoints they simply want what they want.... Right now it suits their purpose to tweak numbers, falsify data and shout down opponents.

Lysenkoism lives.

Jo
Environmentalcases

Only if we keep up and even escalate the attack on these job-killing Eco-Eunuchs will they be finished. Otherwise, like a tumor that wasn't totally eradicated, they will come back to carry on their goal of turning us into carrion.

Days

Commentator
Environmentalcases

Only if we keep up and even escalate the attack on these job-killing Eco-Eunuchs will they be finished. Otherwise, like a tumor that wasn't totally eradicated, they will come back to carry on their goal of turning us into carrion.
along those lines...

Days

Commentator

Lysenkoism lives.

Jo
We warmed up enough to turn the ice age into a great flood. I say bully for the planet! Now we can live on it!

But we were living on it before the flood and we will be living on it long after this current spike has fallen again. The harder times for energy production are behind us, we live in rich times, heat is plentiful, so human population is exploding. There are cults among us who feel this is a bad thing, who think mankind needs to be depopulated... so they put out this "science" that the earth is burning up from too much human life. It is sick, is what it is. It is the ramblings of a death cult.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
There is no doubt that the Earth is warming and it is due, at least in part, to the burning of fossil fuels. That's settled science.

However, it doesn't matter one whit. It can't be undone while people live the way we live. Either we reduce carbon emissions by draconian taxes, fees and penalties; or we find alternatives that actually work. The former will wreck economies world-wide, whilst the latter is, today, a pipe-dream.

We need the private sector to keep on trying to find alternatives. And they will because a company that invents a solar battacitor or the like will be rich beyond human imagining. Until that day...there's not a damned thing we can do about it but bitch.

Oh, and anyone who claims that the climate isn't changing is lying to make a political point. And an retarded political point at that.

Jen

Senator

Lysenkoism lives.

Jo
It's a scam.
A very lucrative one for those pushing it..............not so much for their little lemmings.

Spamature

President

Lysenkoism lives.

Jo
Look if real scientist were only in it for "funding" the fossile companies could pay for all of the climate science that has ever been done with the change from their couch cushions.

After all the bought Lindzen didn't they ?

He is funded by fossil fuel interests, such as Peabody Coal.[2]

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/13/peabody-energy-coal-mining-climate-change-denial-funding

There is no doubt that the Earth is warming and it is due, at least in part, to the burning of fossil fuels. That's settled science.

However, it doesn't matter one whit. It can't be undone while people live the way we live. Either we reduce carbon emissions by draconian taxes, fees and penalties; or we find alternatives that actually work. The former will wreck economies world-wide, whilst the latter is, today, a pipe-dream.

We need the private sector to keep on trying to find alternatives. And they will because a company that invents a solar battacitor or the like will be rich beyond human imagining. Until that day...there's not a damned thing we can do about it but bitch.

Oh, and anyone who claims that the climate isn't changing is lying to make a political point. And an retarded political point at that.

Days

Commentator

the burning of fossil fuels consists of burning coal, and coal is the end product of very ancient vegetation. Is that producing something fantastically different than the burning of a forest fire? Not at all, certainly not in terms of producing carbon.

So does carbon produce heating? Not at all. The heat comes first and the heat produces carbon. THAT IS SETTLED SCIENCE.

~ set the kool aid down and back away from the microphone and nobody gets hurt.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
the burning of fossil fuels consists of burning coal, and coal is the end product of very ancient vegetation. Is that producing something fantastically different than the burning of a forest fire? Not at all, certainly not in terms of producing carbon.

So does carbon produce heating? Not at all. The heat comes first and the heat produces carbon. THAT IS SETTLED SCIENCE.

That's probably the worst analogy I've ever seen. The only way it holds up is if massive forest fires are burning the world over 24/7/365.

You can remain in ignorance if you so choose. I can not. And I can not allow your ignorance to infect others without push-back. So whenever I see such ignorance on display, I will call it out every time.

As I have here.

Days

Commentator
That's probably the worst analogy I've ever seen. The only way it holds up is if massive forest fires are burning the world over 24/7/365.

You can remain in ignorance if you so choose. I can not. And I can not allow your ignorance to infect others without push-back. So whenever I see such ignorance on display, I will call it out every time.

As I have here.
what ignorance? what massive forest fires? where did you fly off to?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
what ignorance? what massive forest fires? where did you fly off to?
Jeez, dude. You equated burning coal to having forest fires. Or did you not read your own post? And the claim that
the burning of fossil fuels consists of burning coal
(not mentioning natural gas, oil...etc) is ignorance on an industrial level.

Days

Commentator
Jeez, dude. You equated burning coal to having forest fires. Or did you not read your own post? And the claim that (not mentioning natural gas, oil...etc) is ignorance on an industrial level.
okay, and what exactly is so hard about that?
Burning coal produces the same CO2 that forest fires and volcanic eruptions produce.
you have a problem with that?

natural gas and oil are produced deep in the crust of the earth but they are not fossil fuels, they are created daily, they are not "fossil fuels". Vegetation from ancient earth surface slowly becomes coal. Coal is a fossil fuel.

But the burning of oil and natural gas also produces CO2. So for this conversation, it still isn't any different from forest fires or volcanic eruptions... the point being, the man made gases are not producing a different carbon than the carbon spikes from natural times.

Besides a profound ignorance of what ancient man was doing, our current knowledge pretends that greenhouse gases are somehow different than what has always been present in the atmosphere. It never comes out and say that, because it would be terribly wrong, but it implies it, it uses fear to scare you, "oh my God, what are we doing to the planet?!!!" ....... well, we are not doing anything to the planet that wasn't already done to the planet. We are not warmer than we were a mere 1000 years ago, neither are we producing more carbon than we had a mere 1000 years ago.

If you graph heat and carbon volumes in the atmosphere, and it was done 40 years ago, you will see that carbon spikes always lag heat spikes, always, every time, no exceptions, right down to the current heat spike. So heat produces the carbon... not the other way around. This time is no different.

Actually there is evidence to suggest that it is not vegetable but mineral - that it is a product from the Earth's mantle too - also an abitotic

Corruptbuddha

Governor
okay, and what exactly is so hard about that?
Burning coal produces the same CO2 that forest fires and volcanic eruptions produce.
you have a problem with that?

natural gas and oil are produced deep in the crust of the earth but they are not fossil fuels, they are created daily, they are not "fossil fuels". Vegetation from ancient earth surface slowly becomes coal. Coal is a fossil fuel.

But the burning of oil and natural gas also produces CO2. So for this conversation, it still isn't any different from forest fires or volcanic eruptions... the point being, the man made gases are not producing a different carbon than the carbon spikes from natural times.

Besides a profound ignorance of what ancient man was doing, our current knowledge pretends that greenhouse gases are somehow different than what has always been present in the atmosphere. It never comes out and say that, because it would be terribly wrong, but it implies it, it uses fear to scare you, "oh my God, what are we doing to the planet?!!!" ....... well, we are not doing anything to the planet that wasn't already done to the planet. We are not warmer than we were a mere 1000 years ago, neither are we producing more carbon than we had a mere 1000 years ago.

If you graph heat and carbon volumes in the atmosphere, and it was done 40 years ago, you will see that carbon spikes always lag heat spikes, always, every time, no exceptions, right down to the current heat spike. So heat produces the carbon... not the other way around. This time is no different.

Wow. The level and intensity of ignorance in this post rivals that of a 3 year old interpreting the United States tax code. Oil and natural gas ARE indeed fossil fuels.

http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/story/chapter08.html

The last time CO2 levels were as high as they are today, humans didn't exist.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/the-last-time-co2-was-this-high-humans-didnt-exist-15938

Co2 is the primary cause of planet warming.

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/science/CO2-and-global-warming-faq.html

And remember ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but there is no cure for stupid.

Days

Commentator
Wow. The level and intensity of ignorance in this post rivals that of a 3 year old interpreting the United States tax code. Oil and natural gas ARE indeed fossil fuels.

http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/story/chapter08.html

The last time CO2 levels were as high as they are today, humans didn't exist.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/the-last-time-co2-was-this-high-humans-didnt-exist-15938

Co2 is the primary cause of planet warming.

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/science/CO2-and-global-warming-faq.html

And remember ignorance can be educated, crazy can be medicated, but there is no cure for stupid.
addicted to the kool-aid, eh?

no time for teaching you, but I assure you, they are lying, and you are trapped in their lies.

vegetation never turns into oil, not in two years, not in 20 years, not in 200 years, not in 2000 years, and not in 2 million years. It turns into dirt in about two years time and it remains dirt.

You have a graph of CO2 that is a total Lie. Look at the graph I posted already in this thread, either your graph is lying or all the other graphs are lying. And you just skipped the whole point, which even your graph shows: carbon spikes lag heat spikes. Heat produces carbon, not the other way around. get it?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
addicted to the kool-aid, eh?

no time for teaching you, but I assure you, they are lying, and you are trapped in their lies.

vegetation never turns into oil, not in two years, not in 20 years, not in 200 years, not in 2000 years, and not in 2 million years. It turns into dirt in about two years time and it remains dirt.

You have a graph of CO2 that is a total Lie. Look at the graph I posted already in this thread, either your graph is lying or all the other graphs are lying. And you just skipped the whole point, which even your graph shows: carbon spikes lag heat spikes. Heat produces carbon, not the other way around. get it?
Since when is vegetation the only organic matter from which fossil fuel springs? Do you even know what ORGANIC means?

I doubt it. I really, really, do.

Please educate yourself before you embarrass yourself further.

Days

Commentator
Since when is vegetation the only organic matter from which fossil fuel springs? Do you even know what ORGANIC means?

I doubt it. I really, really, do.

Please educate yourself before you embarrass yourself further.
well, that said nothing. Pretending that Carbon based matter is over my head, does not change the argument. What does it mean; "fossil fuels"? This is a very old argument, it contends that ancient swamps decomposed into oil over a long period of time. It is a bad joke, because nothing in a swamp decomposes into oil, everything decomposes into dirt, that's what settles at the bottom: dirt. not oil. If you wait a million years does dirt ever decompose into oil? ... I don't care how long you wait, just waiting a long time does not change the bottom of swamps into oil, actually, if you wait a long time, you end up with sedimentary rock. not oil.

And again, you are spouting off at my posts while completely side stepping what is in them. So, here was my graph...

The ice core scientists are working from contained 420,000 layers (years). That was the deepest ice on earth, that was why they drilled there. But now let's look at the graph in your article...

CO2 levels are far higher now than they have been for anytime during the past 800,000 years.
Click image to enlarge. Credit: Scripps Institution of Oceanography.

Uhm, one of these two graphs is lying! Which one is it? I'm going to go ahead and guess that the graph that goes back 800,000 years is the liar. Seeing as the ice core only goes back 420,000 years. Looking closer at this graph, it is identical to the one I posted except it adds on to the graph in both directions.

You are falling for cheap Lies, and yet, you tell me to educate myself. Maybe you need the education?

You keep saying carbon produces heat, and yet, the evidence shows the opposite. Carbon spikes always lag temperature spikes. So heat produces carbon, not the other way around. In fact, it appears that carbon produces cooling, because once carbon is abundant, another cooling period happens. Let's think it out for a moment. As the earth warms, more plant life grows. As more plant life grows, more carbon is produced. Then what happens? At some point, the earth cools again. All of this heating and cooling is happening in the same temp range of 4 or 5 degrees.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
well, that said nothing. Pretending that Carbon based matter is over my head, does not change the argument. What does it mean; "fossil fuels"? This is a very old argument, it contends that ancient swamps decomposed into oil over a long period of time. It is a bad joke, because nothing in a swamp decomposes into oil, everything decomposes into dirt, that's what settles at the bottom: dirt. not oil. If you wait a million years does dirt ever decompose into oil? ... I don't care how long you wait, just waiting a long time does not change the bottom of swamps into oil, actually, if you wait a long time, you end up with sedimentary rock. not oil.

And again, you are spouting off at my posts while completely side stepping what is in them. So, here was my graph...

The ice core scientists are working from contained 420,000 layers (years). That was the deepest ice on earth, that was why they drilled there. But now let's look at the graph in your article...

CO2 levels are far higher now than they have been for anytime during the past 800,000 years.
Click image to enlarge. Credit: Scripps Institution of Oceanography.

Uhm, one of these two graphs is lying! Which one is it? I'm going to go ahead and guess that the graph that goes back 800,000 years is the liar. Seeing as the ice core only goes back 420,000 years. Looking closer at this graph, it is identical to the one I posted except it adds on to the graph in both directions.

You are falling for cheap Lies, and yet, you tell me to educate myself. Maybe you need the education?

You keep saying carbon produces heat, and yet, the evidence shows the opposite. Carbon spikes always lag temperature spikes. So heat produces carbon, not the other way around. In fact, it appears that carbon produces cooling, because once carbon is abundant, another cooling period happens. Let's think it out for a moment. As the earth warms, more plant life grows. As more plant life grows, more carbon is produced. Then what happens? At some point, the earth cools again. All of this heating and cooling is happening in the same temp range of 4 or 5 degrees.
Your first paragraph proves you haven't the foggiest notion what you're talking about. I've taken you out of the IGNORANT column and placed you squarely in the STUPID column.

And since I can't fix your level of stupid....we're done.