• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A huge number of americans are preparing to vote for a man that

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Well I haven't seen any liberal lately declaring that women can self-induce abortion, nor have I heard liberals advocating tax cuts again with out paying for them. Nor have liberals been calling Abraham Lincoln a traitor. No Jack for that you have to look a those good old conservatives. That's your pack Jack,and don't blame it on Romnesia.

Tai Pan
Neither have any Republicans.

Millions of Americans in both Texas and California may as well vote with the crowd because their votes will not matter one bit in the election. If I lived in Dallas, my vote would be meaningless. If you lived in Fresno, yours would too. The Electoral College is the most undemocratic institution in the constitution. Why should those of us in the large states allow ourselves to be manipulated and controlled every four years by small numbers of voters in insignificant states? If your guy wins the total vote yet loses the electoral college count, you may wake up to the incredible unfairness of our current system. Think about how a few people in South Dakota will be represented by electoral college votes while millions in other states that voted the exact same way might as well live in Cuba for all they matter. A few thousand in SD get to vote for POTUS, a few million in Texas or California have no say whatsoever in the same election.

TaiPan

Council Member
5 members of my family are getting ready to go vote for the American, right now, and start the landslide to get Obama out of the People's house.
Texas early voting starts today.

Gotcha beat Jack with my absentee ballot, I have 16 votes to keep Obama in the White House where he not Romnesiac belongs.

Tai Pan

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Millions of Americans in both Texas and California may as well vote with the crowd because their votes will not matter one bit in the election. If I lived in Dallas, my vote would be meaningless. If you lived in Fresno, yours would too. The Electoral College is the most undemocratic institution in the constitution. Why should those of us in the large states allow ourselves to be manipulated and controlled every four years by small numbers of voters in insignificant states? If your guy wins the total vote yet loses the electoral college count, you may wake up to the incredible unfairness of our current system. Think about how a few people in South Dakota will be represented by electoral college votes while millions in other states that voted the exact same way might as well live in Cuba for all they matter. A few thousand in SD get to vote for POTUS, a few million in Texas or California have no say whatsoever in the same election.
It was the founders intent, that the smaller states would be afforded a higher degree of representation despite the predominance of population in the larger states. I think I would vote to change the system from the Electoral College to a 1 man 1 vote system. That would stop all this bullshit campaigning in Ohio and Florida, etc.

TaiPan

Council Member
Neither have any Republicans.
What's that Jack ? An outright falsehood. I am shocked you obviously didn't check the link I posted for you naming the Republican conservative tea party legislator from Arkansas who did it.

And has you mind been so overwhelmed of late that you forgot about Representative Todd Aikin, senatorial candidate from Missouri ? http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/Senate/2012/0820/Legitimate-rape-comment-by-GOP-s-Todd-Akin-shakes-up-Missouri-Senate-race-video I gave you a link from CSM, thought you'd rather get it from a Christian conservative news source.

Toodles

Tai Pan

TaiPan

Council Member
How many of them were Red Diaper babies?
None and 14 of them are born and bred Texans. Not everyone in Texas has lost their intellect. It still is the birthplace of one of the most liberal presidents of the United States in the 20th century. You remember him Jack, He launched the first comprehensive health care plan in America History, Medicare. If you forgot his name, it was Lyndon Baines Johnson. His father and grandfather were also progressive Texas Politicians.

Tai Pan

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
None and 14 of them are born and bred Texans. Not everyone in Texas has lost their intellect. It still is the birthplace of one of the most liberal presidents of the United States in the 20th century. You remember him Jack, He launched the first comprehensive health care plan in America History, Medicare. If you forgot his name, it was Lyndon Baines Johnson. His father and grandfather were also progressive Texas Politicians.
Tai Pan
I voted for Johnson, the first time I was old enough to vote. I didn't know a Democrat from a bucket of shit (not actually that much difference); I voted for Johnson because he was from Texas, and that was the only reason. He's the only Democrat for whom I have ever voted.

TaiPan

Council Member
It was the founders intent, that the smaller states would be afforded a higher degree of representation despite the predominance of population in the larger states. I think I would vote to change the system from the Electoral College to a 1 man 1 vote system. That would stop all this bullshit campaigning in Ohio and Florida, etc.
There you go again, semi-reinventing history because you either don't know or don't care. The bi-cameral system was adopted to insure co-equal representation in the upper house and population driven representation in the lower. It was a compromise demanded by the smaller states to insure parity in at least one house. It is also why the lower house serves a shorter term. The Electoral college was merely a mirror image of the Congress.

Sure turn the presidency into a popularity contest. Then more cartoon characters can win. I'd vote for the Roadrunner under those conditions, he may not say much but he sure makes an ass out of that coyote.

Tai Pan

TaiPan

Council Member
It's annoying for you, since you so prefer being drowned in bullshit.
Now Jack that's your department, you are the one in charge of all BS in this forum and we refuse to vote you out of office because your comments just tickle us to death. Where else can we go to talk about serious things and be so entertainingly bemused by interminable non sequiturs ?

TaiPan

Council Member
I voted for Johnson, the first time I was old enough to vote. I didn't know a Democrat from a bucket of shit (not actually that much difference); I voted for Johnson because he was from Texas, and that was the only reason. He's the only Democrat for whom I have ever voted.
Ain't that a shame, just think how much happier you'd be if you had voted for a few more, democrats that is.

Tai Pan

The EC is an anachronism born of an age where the elites did not want to give the mob too much power. While I can understand that mentality even today, I am for one man/woman, one vote. There is no excuse for a national election to basically ignore the voters by the millions simply because of a procedural issue intended to solve a problem that existed in 1790. I am disgusted that voters in smaller states with agendas that have nothing to do with the larger population can dominate our election cycles. Add to that the simple truth that millions of voters cannot cast a ballot for the POTUS and you have a system that is doomed.