• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A huge number of americans are preparing to vote for a man that

TaiPan

Council Member
The EC is an anachronism born of an age where the elites did not want to give the mob too much power. While I can understand that mentality even today, I am for one man/woman, one vote. There is no excuse for a national election to basically ignore the voters by the millions simply because of a procedural issue intended to solve a problem that existed in 1790. I am disgusted that voters in smaller states with agendas that have nothing to do with the larger population can dominate our election cycles. Add to that the simple truth that millions of voters cannot cast a ballot for the POTUS and you have a system that is doomed.

There's always a point to be made for direct election. In the beginning of this country the enfranchised were those of education and means, ie Hamiltonian democracy. It really persisted until after the Civil war, when the concept of universal male suffrage became de jour law. As much as I find the Electoral College an anachronism, it is almost a check and balance on the hype and emotionalism that a direct popular vote inevitably leads to. I don't care for the alternative but I loathe the spectre of the change.

Tai Pan

The change would be to have the citizens of the nation directly elect their leaders. I find that something we apparently think the world needs but cannot seem to adopt domestically.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
None and 14 of them are born and bred Texans. Not everyone in Texas has lost their intellect. It still is the birthplace of one of the most liberal presidents of the United States in the 20th century. You remember him Jack, He launched the first comprehensive health care plan in America History, Medicare. If you forgot his name, it was Lyndon Baines Johnson. His father and grandfather were also progressive Texas Politicians.
Tai Pan
Well their votes, in Texas, will have no effect on the national election. There are more than enough people with clear minds here to offset your votes.

TaiPan

Council Member
Well their votes, in Texas, will have no effect on the national election. There are more than enough people with clear minds here to offset your votes.
You mean those muddle headed people who are so scared of a future that they cling to the past like Linus to his blanket ?

Tai Pan

DefeatObama

Council Member
made his living by using borrowed funds to buy up companies and then transferring that debt to those same companies , thus ensuring that they would go bankrupt and have to broken up and sold off. at the same time this man and his pals were charging exorbitant consultaing fees to do this as well as granting themselves huge dividends , further damaging the viability of these companies. Then they took this blood money and moved it offshore to avoid the long arm of the IRS and transferred what was left of the companies to china and laying off the american workers and in some cases stealing their pensions. And he has the brass to brag about this behaviour as if it were an admirable thing to do.

It is impossible to write a story like this as no one in their right mind would ever believe it. a nation gone stark raving mad!!
always interested in the opinion of the irrelevant...thanks for sharing your jaded and ill researched screed

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
You mean those muddle headed people who are so scared of a future that they cling to the past like Linus to his blanket ?
Tai Pan
No, I mean the people who are sick of the incompetence and corruption of the Obama Regime that has gotten people killed and has driven the economy into the shitter.

TaiPan

Council Member
No, I mean the people who are sick of the incompetence and corruption of the Obama Regime that has gotten people killed and has driven the economy into the shitter.
You mean those like you who still believe in GWB's MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !

Btw You do realized it was his war on credit cards and administration's absolute religious fervor concernnbg deregulation and laissez faire enforcement that made the mess Obama inherited. Or is just one of your fantasies that it all happened magically on Jan 21st 4 years ago ?

Jesus Jack sometime your one liners are not only boring they are nothing more that parroted nincompoopery.

Tai Pan