• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A little rocket science

Days

Commentator
Wow! So little of what you posted is relevant.

What dem talking point have a discussed in this thread? None. I posted links to science/engineering material.

You are a conspiracy theorist who would rather believe the <<1% rather than the >>99% almost every time. One scientist/engineer/admin guy who tells the "truth" against the "lies" is highly suspect. That you would rather believe them than the consensus among experts, is on you. If you really studied physics or any science and believed in it, you would be far less trusting of random internet wierdos.

The fact that many who are anti-science and anti-truth/pro-conspiracy push untruths so vigorously and so completely makes them dangerous. It adds to the dumbing down of this country.

I am absolutely done with you. Anti-science, anti-truth people aren't even close to being worthy of even engaging. It is like talking with Ken Ham, pointless and dangerous.
what a bunch of pretend elite huffing...

You are done with me? You never started! You posted absolutely frickin' nothin' and you have nothing to post. funny stuff.

anyway, you missed this little tidbit. I posted it under history, it was never about the science. It was about the futility of trying to argue science with a bunch of political hacks... thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
Well, this may come as a shock to you old bastards, but, the world has left your politics behind. No one believes the Apollo missions went to the moon, no one believes Hillary Clinton is healthy or honest, no one believes Trump is going to make America great again, and everyone with a brain knows that escape velocity does have something to do with the earth's gravity. sheeesh.

what snobbery.

Days

Commentator
Okay, the Apollo Saturn V rocket had 3 stages, so the 3rd stage was what escaped the earth's gravity and shot the craft to the moon. Orbit, by the way, is achieved by "flying" tangent to the planet at the exact same speed as the craft is falling back into the planet. At a set distance, for a particular mass, the speed of orbit is going to be the same every time, unless the gravity of the planet were to change. Apollo achieved orbit of the earth at 17,500 mph and orbit of the moon at 4000 mph. Since the subject of this top post is about the history of rocket science, and since it made a fatal error in not being able to count up to 3 stages properly (my bad), let's look and see if Apollo did any better at rocket science math.

So, Apollo fired that 3rd stage and "flew" 240,000 miles to the moon (#3 - #4)... this took 3 days. 72 hours.

If you do the math...

25,000 mph x 10 hours = 250,000 miles.

hmmmmmmm, they should have gotten there in under 10 hours, dontchathink? It isn't a perfect flight path, the actual distance travelled is likely closer to 300,000 miles, and that should change for each mission, but still...

But Apollo had to do another burn to slow down from 25,000 mph to 4000 mph, so that explains why the journey took 3 days. Does that make sense?

Now, don't go thinking that it takes 60 hours to slow down into lunar orbit, those burns only last minutes. The Apollo missions took 3 days to get to the moon and 3 days to get back, it is that simple. It took Apollo 72 hours to do the exact same thing that the New Horizon probe did in 8 1/2 hours. The New Horizon probe flew at 36,370 mph. The difference is... the probe actually made the journey.

Apollo space craft took 70 hours to make a 12 hour journey. The space craft can not be travelling at a slower speed, it has to achieve escape velocity or it simply will not escape the earth's gravity. So there's no possible way it took 3 days, it could only have taken 12 hours ... if it was really done.

I'm back to 100 proofs of this hoax...

put that in your conspiracy pipe and smoke it.

Days

Commentator
thought for the day:

snobbery

Is that a word?

Why are people snobbish? Does snobbery and jealousy go hand in hand? Have you ever been snobbed by someone? They do this right to your face.

If I am jealous of your body of work; as a writer, what will I do? Will I find it necessary to somehow put down all your writing? Snub it?

hmmmm... I wonder about that.

Days

Commentator
Okay, the Apollo Saturn V rocket had 3 stages, so the 3rd stage was what escaped the earth's gravity and shot the craft to the moon. Orbit, by the way, is achieved by "flying" tangent to the planet at the exact same speed as the craft is falling back into the planet. At a set distance, for a particular mass, the speed of orbit is going to be the same every time, unless the gravity of the planet were to change. Apollo achieved orbit of the earth at 17,500 mph and orbit of the moon at 4000 mph. Since the subject of this top post is about the history of rocket science, and since it made a fatal error in not being able to count up to 3 stages properly (my bad), let's look and see if Apollo did any better at rocket science math.

So, Apollo fired that 3rd stage and "flew" 240,000 miles to the moon (#3 - #4)... this took 3 days. 72 hours.

If you do the math...

25,000 mph x 10 hours = 250,000 miles.

hmmmmmmm, they should have gotten there in under 10 hours, dontchathink? It isn't a perfect flight path, the actual distance travelled is likely closer to 300,000 miles, and that should change for each mission, but still...

But Apollo had to do another burn to slow down from 25,000 mph to 4000 mph, so that explains why the journey took 3 days. Does that make sense?

Now, don't go thinking that it takes 60 hours to slow down into lunar orbit, those burns only last minutes. The Apollo missions took 3 days to get to the moon and 3 days to get back, it is that simple. It took Apollo 72 hours to do the exact same thing that the New Horizon probe did in 8 1/2 hours. The New Horizon probe flew at 36,370 mph. The difference is... the probe actually made the journey.

Apollo space craft took 70 hours to make a 12 hour journey. The space craft can not be travelling at a slower speed, it has to achieve escape velocity or it simply will not escape the earth's gravity. So there's no possible way it took 3 days, it could only have taken 12 hours ... if it was really done.

I'm back to 100 proofs of this hoax...

put that in your conspiracy pipe and smoke it.
I didn't explain orbit very well. I rushed it. Does that mean that I am stupid and don't really understand how achieving orbit works? It could. Or, I might just understand orbit as well as anyone understands it... but it wasn't critical to the post, so I rushed it. If you read the whole thread, something stands out... a little rocket science. You begin to see how the rocket was designed, what each stage achieved, and what had to be achieved to reach the moon. By the end of this post I am replying to, it should be obvious that Apollo missions had to travel at 25,000 mph to escape the earth's gravity, they then "flew" at 25,000 mph all the way to the moon. This is exactly what they tell us they did. That leg of the journey was 300,000 miles max, they tell us it was 240,000 miles but let's give them credit, they simplify stuff for the public also.

Course correction by hand at 25,000 mph... using a calculator... how does that work? Ever think about it? Apollo 13 pretended it was on the way to the moon when it discovered that the craft mass had changed dramatically and they had no idea what the new mass was. Had they really been on the way to the moon, they would have made all those course corrections by hand, using the calculator on board.

Course corrections by hand is as laughable as taking 3 days to fly the 12 hour leg of the journey. Both are totally ridiculous. Apollo did not know how to fly to the moon; there is legitimate concern that we never even pulled off the mapping mission (with a probe) ... the models they made in Area 51 could easily have used pics from our telescopes. We do have and have had for a long time, wonderful telescopes. The Cassini hoax was put together utilizing the data gleaned from our telescopes.

Please do not waste your time trying to figure out how a 12 hour journey took 3 days... the distance travelled was 300,000 miles max, the speed was constant @ 25,000 mph, that leaves you with 12 hours max for the journey, there's simply no way out of that. Apollo was not just a hoax... it was a design hoax. The missions were designed as hoaxes, the public was told it took 3 days to fly to the moon so it would impress the sheep what a great achievement Apollo was making. NASA knew it was a 12 hour journey. But that decision wasn't made by NASA, it was made by the CIA. NASA was left to defend something totally indefensible, so they did the only thing they could do, they flat out refused to talk about it.

But now here's a fun fact about fraysters. Fraysters believe in NASA more than they believe in God. Fraysters have more religious fervor for NASA than they do have for God. I believe in NASA, but I know how many hoaxes they run. Those probes on Mars are actually somewhere in the Arctic tundra. How obvious is it when they run every last pic through a red filter? Not just for the ground, but the whole pic... sky and all. So you idiots now think that Mars has a red atmosphere. It just gets funnier and funnier.

25,000 mph x 12 hours = 300,000 miles

25,000 mph x 72 hours = 1,800,000 miles

maybe they flew to some other moon?

Days

Commentator
I didn't explain orbit very well. I rushed it. Does that mean that I am stupid and don't really understand how achieving orbit works? It could. Or, I might just understand orbit as well as anyone understands it... but it wasn't critical to the post, so I rushed it. If you read the whole thread, something stands out... a little rocket science. You begin to see how the rocket was designed, what each stage achieved, and what had to be achieved to reach the moon. By the end of this post I am replying to, it should be obvious that Apollo missions had to travel at 25,000 mph to escape the earth's gravity, they then "flew" at 25,000 mph all the way to the moon. This is exactly what they tell us they did. That leg of the journey was 300,000 miles max, they tell us it was 240,000 miles but let's give them credit, they simplify stuff for the public also.

Course correction by hand at 25,000 mph... using a calculator... how does that work? Ever think about it? Apollo 13 pretended it was on the way to the moon when it discovered that the craft mass had changed dramatically and they had no idea what the new mass was. Had they really been on the way to the moon, they would have made all those course corrections by hand, using the calculator on board.

Course corrections by hand is as laughable as taking 3 days to fly the 12 hour leg of the journey. Both are totally ridiculous. Apollo did not know how to fly to the moon; there is legitimate concern that we never even pulled off the mapping mission (with a probe) ... the models they made in Area 51 could easily have used pics from our telescopes. We do have and have had for a long time, wonderful telescopes. The Cassini hoax was put together utilizing the data gleaned from our telescopes.

Please do not waste your time trying to figure out how a 12 hour journey took 3 days... the distance travelled was 300,000 miles max, the speed was constant @ 25,000 mph, that leaves you with 12 hours max for the journey, there's simply no way out of that. Apollo was not just a hoax... it was a design hoax. The missions were designed as hoaxes, the public was told it took 3 days to fly to the moon so it would impress the sheep what a great achievement Apollo was making. NASA knew it was a 12 hour journey. But that decision wasn't made by NASA, it was made by the CIA. NASA was left to defend something totally indefensible, so they did the only thing they could do, they flat out refused to talk about it.

But now here's a fun fact about fraysters. Fraysters believe in NASA more than they believe in God. Fraysters have more religious fervor for NASA than they do have for God. I believe in NASA, but I know how many hoaxes they run. Those probes on Mars are actually somewhere in the Arctic tundra. How obvious is it when they run every last pic through a red filter? Not just for the ground, but the whole pic... sky and all. So you idiots now think that Mars has a red atmosphere. It just gets funnier and funnier.

25,000 mph x 12 hours = 300,000 miles

maybe they flew to some other moon?
So, a physics degree is hard to get? No shit?

Fraysters will never tire of that total bs whitewash approach. c/p something you Googled and pretend to be so much higher than the person who happens to have a genius/gifted IQ and majored in Nuclear physics @ Indiana University. As if the math is too hard to understand... really? Do you guys ever get tired of that schtick? Pretend superiority. All the while, it is a big fakery, the person knows they haven't a clue what they are talking about, so make a big show and exit the restaurant without paying the bill; who are we kidding here?

NASA told us they made a 240,000 mile journey @ 25,000 mph. Is that hard? No, it isn't hard, it is so damn easy, even a Frayster can figure that out.

240,000 miles divide by 25,000 mph = 9.6 hours.

Every frickin' time you travel at 25,000 mph for 9.6 hours, you will log 240,000 miles. It never changes. Here, try this, only becuz you people are stupid on steroids, so try this, do the same calculation on your calculator ten times in a row... did the answer change? Of course not. If they flew 25,000 mph for 9.6 hours in 1970, they travelled 240,000 miles. If they fly 25,000 mph for 9.6 hours today, they still travel 240,000 miles, it never changes.

Fraysters are lowly pathetic LIARS. And the method is always the same; toss out a smug label at the opposing poster, pretend to be superior, then duck quick out of the argument. Lately, you can add a different method; just keep tossing out fresh Lies with every post, that way no one can run them all down.

same ol' same ol' Lies from you people.

NASA Lied. NASA said they travelled @ 25,000 mph for 3 days and that covered 240,000 miles. No one saw them do it, but a few seconds on the ol' calculator discovers that...

what gives? NASA repeated this Lie for every last Apollo mission. Even if they rounded up 2 1/2 days to 3 days, you still get...

25,000 mph x 60 hours = 1,500,000 miles.

You can make 3 round trips to the moon - fly to the moon and back to earth - 3 times - in 60 hours. You can tack on one more, one way trip back to the moon in 72 hours.

Call me an idiot and cuss me out and make up every snobbish cut down - and if I had a nickel for every one of those I read - and it doesn't change a thing. Apollo was not flying to the moon for 3 days, neither was it flying back from the moon for 3 days. That absolutely never happened. That was just a total Lie. That's 2/3rds of the Apollo 11 mission, heck, it is closer to 3/4ths of it. If they weren't flying to and from the moon during that 6 days, what were they doing? We know the answer from the dosimeter readings on the ship and the men... 1/7th of one REM.... they remained in low earth orbit. They never left low earth orbit, 1/7th of one REM is only possible if you stay in low earth orbit.

You don't need a physics degree to see through NASA Lies. And even if you have a physics degree (Keifus had one) it still would not suffice to shut the mouth of political hacks because political hacks do nothing but Lie. They are professional Liars.

So, do you need a physics degree to understand that there is no water and no atmosphere on the moon? Not really. Do you need a biology degree to understand that moon dust is dry and sharp tiny stones that do not clump like earth dirt does? I hope not. How about when the astronauts dug up rust... is it possible to come across rust buried in one foot of moon dust? Where did the moon dust come from? space? Is there iron floating around in space? Even if there was a patch of iron hurling through space captured by the moon's gravity - it never happened people - but even if it did, there's no water or oxygen on the moon to turn it into rust.

Fraysters force feed NASA Lie after NASA Lie after NASA Lie. Sound travelled from hammer blows, through space, into their helmet mics. Sound needs a medium to travel, as in, that happened in an atmosphere, not on the moon. Cloth objects and sand from the lunar rover wheels both caught air. Nothing that happened in Apollo movies was performed in a vacuum. They didn't even have vacuum locks on the LEMs. Did you ever see any air come out of the LEMs? Nope, not a single bubble. If they had been on the moon, that air would have expanded enormously in that vacuum; it should have filled the landing site and hung around; there's no wind to push it anywhere. Would giant air bubbles be catching the sunlight and reflecting it and bending it? Of course they would have done that. Did you ever see a single bubble of air in any of the moon walks or landing site pics? Nope, never even thought of it, cuz it never happened.

Look, there is easily 100 proofs of the hoax. But this thread isn't about the science, it is about the history. What was NASA capable of? Low earth orbit. So that's what they did. NASA didn't start from nothing, we had a government program for a couple of decades that became NASA. It was very much a function of that program to deceive the enemy, informing the public was not their priority.

Last edited: