• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Modest Proposal

Arkady

President
So you can't get into specifics because the truth makes you sad and so you lie.
Here, specifically, is the claim you made that had no basis in anything I said:

So what you're saying (by omission) is that I got internalization exactly right.
As you know, I wasn't saying anything like that. You chose chose to lie. Again.

Virtue signaling isn't the goal; protecting the environment is. Why do you suppose I don't care about the anti-GMO movement, despite it being embraced by many liberals, in a way many would dismiss as virtue signaling? Simple: the science isn't there to support that anti-GMO position. As you know, I am guided by science, not faith. And that's why I would stop buying hybrids if the science came out the other way.
Why do you keep dodging the second part of my posts?

Arkady

President
Why do you keep dodging the second part of my posts?
If you want people to respond to the second part of your posts, wouldn't you be better off including something worth responding to in those parts? In this case, the second half of your post was just the usual whining about me not repeating everything you said when I respond. We've gone over that ad naseum. You're free to continue trolling, but that doesn't mean you'll get a bite.

If you want people to respond to the second part of your posts, wouldn't you be better off including something worth responding to in those parts? In this case, the second half of your post was just the usual whining about me not repeating everything you said when I respond. We've gone over that ad naseum. You're free to continue trolling, but that doesn't mean you'll get a bite.
Just because it makes you uncomfortable and sad doesn't mean it's not worth responding to.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The expansion of Medicaid is only one part of what was done and that part was part of the sales pitch.
Link please to the quote where it was "sold" based on it being 3/4 to 4/5ths Medicaid expansion.

Raoul_Luke

We all use the roads to different degrees, just like health insurance.
Not "your" health insurance. Your analogy would be apt if we each got our own set of roads that we could use or not use as we require. And according to your analogy here, you could "require" a million dollars worth of roads, that we would have to provide for you even though we aren't allowed to use them, even while only using a few thousand dollars worth of roads ourselves.

C

Capitalist

Here, specifically, is the claim you made that had no basis in anything I said:

So what you're saying (by omission) is that I got internalization exactly right.
As you know, I wasn't saying anything like that. You chose chose to lie. Again.
It's not about what you said, liar. It's about internalization. And you lied about that too.

Raoul_Luke

Those nations pay much less for much better results. They may be in crisis relative to their own high standards, but it's a crisis that's head and shoulders better than anything we´ve ever had.
Because the US funds the vast majority of medical research which they then use their single payer systems to negotiate pricing for the drugs and equipment based on marginal rather than average cost. Once the US goes single payer, the whole world engages in a race to the bottom of the health care quality scale. Be careful what you wish for.

Of course, it's not like medical excellence is what you are seeking, is it? It's the wealth redistribution. It's always the wealth redistribution with you people...

Arkady

President
Link please to the quote where it was "sold" based on it being 3/4 to 4/5ths Medicaid expansion.
Why? I've made no claim that it was sold on those ratios. This is a common debate technique among right-wingers. They fear debating the actual points that their opponents make. So, instead, they try to hand their opponents a position to defend. Now I'm supposed to defend the idea it was sold on that particular ratio. But that's not what I said and I have no interest in reading your script.

Arkady

President
Not "your" health insurance. Your analogy would be apt if we each got our own set of roads that we could use or not use as we require. And according to your analogy here, you could "require" a million dollars worth of roads, that we would have to provide for you even though we aren't allowed to use them, even while only using a few thousand dollars worth of roads ourselves.
We all have the possibility of drawing heavily from insurance, or not doing so. That's what makes it insurance.

Arkady

President
Because the US funds the vast majority of medical research which they then use their single payer systems to negotiate pricing for the drugs and equipment based on marginal rather than average cost. Once the US goes single payer, the whole world engages in a race to the bottom of the health care quality scale. Be careful what you wish for.

Of course, it's not like medical excellence is what you are seeking, is it? It's the wealth redistribution. It's always the wealth redistribution with you people...
If what I sought was wealth distribution, there'd be much more direct methods for that -- for example, just tax wealth progressively. This is about public health outcomes and the costs to achieve those. Every other wealthy nation has better outcomes at a lower price. If we've screwed ourselves over with a system that essentially subsidizes other countries, then that's all the more reason to change. And I proposed a specific change that would end or at least greatly reduce such a phenomenon, by raising drug costs abroad and lowering them here.

C

Capitalist

Why do you find it impossible simply to tell the truth?
Said the Father of Lies.

This projection has been brought to you today by Satan.

Satan. Turning gold into shit everyday since 10,000 BC. For the children.

Last edited by a moderator:
If what I sought was wealth distribution, there'd be much more direct methods for that -- for example, just tax wealth progressively. This is about public health outcomes and the costs to achieve those. Every other wealthy nation has better outcomes at a lower price. If we've screwed ourselves over with a system that essentially subsidizes other countries, then that's all the more reason to change. And I proposed a specific change that would end or at least greatly reduce such a phenomenon, by raising drug costs abroad and lowering them here.
Why do you dishonestly compare us to "other wealthy nations" that are completely different in terms of population and demographics? Why don't you give me an apples to apples comparison with another "wealthy" country that has comparable population and demographics?

Raoul_Luke

And triggering, as I suggested, a grinding halt to medical research, as those nations' HC systems are already buckling under the current costs. That's the problem with these navel gazes of yours, they bear no semblance to the real world...

Raoul_Luke

We all have the possibility of drawing heavily from insurance, or not doing so. That's what makes it insurance.
And, of course, not at all like "roads." What makes "insurance" well, "insurance" is that everyone pays the same cost based on their age and health condition. Or even just the same cost. What makes it welfare (and wealth redistribution) is when some people pay for their own "insurance" and part of that of the folks living down the road (or all of it in the case of those living under the bridge).