• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A plea for sanity

Jen

Senator
The election is over.
Could we have a little sanity here?
I understand discussion over various aspects that come up in the news, but some posters seem to be fixated on just general harassment of other posters. That is causing some posters on both sides of the fence to just walk away from the board.

I'm only a poster, but I don't want to see this board fail. Do you?
Stop the harassment.

BobbyT

Governor
The election is over.
I understand discussion over various aspects that come up in the news, but some posters seem to be fixated on just general harassment of other posters. That is causing some posters on both sides of the fence to just walk away from the board.

Stop the harassment.
LOL

TheResister

Council Member
I witness a lot of people starting arguments by saying stuff that is not called for and irresponsible. IF some of these people are adults, one wonders what they are teaching their children.

Perhaps if you can post anonymously, you feel you can things that you would never say to a person's face. You say things you would never utter in front of your family / children.

It's okay to disagree. We should simply learn that there is a way to do so respectfully. Someone on this board asked me a question. I gave them an honest answer. Their very next response was to insinuate I was a liar. I'm sure that is not the way that individual lives their public life. Calling strangers a liar to their face would ultimately prove not so healthy.

But really. No matter what you disagree about, there is a way to do so without deliberately offending the other party. Your candidate didn't win; the facts about what you believe didn't go your way. Vent, disagree, do so respectfully and move along.

Jen

Senator
I witness a lot of people starting arguments by saying stuff that is not called for and irresponsible. IF some of these people are adults, one wonders what they are teaching their children.

Perhaps if you can post anonymously, you feel you can things that you would never say to a person's face. You say things you would never utter in front of your family / children.

It's okay to disagree. We should simply learn that there is a way to do so respectfully. Someone on this board asked me a question. I gave them an honest answer. Their very next response was to insinuate I was a liar. I'm sure that is not the way that individual lives their public life. Calling strangers a liar to their face would ultimately prove not so healthy.

But really. No matter what you disagree about, there is a way to do so without deliberately offending the other party. Your candidate didn't win; the facts about what you believe didn't go your way. Vent, disagree, do so respectfully and move along.
There are ways to keep disagreement sane.
Some people haven't discovered that yet (or don't want to discover it).
That's okay, I guess.............. there are lots of different ways for us to choose to present ourselves on an anonymous board.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The election is over.

Stop the harassment.
Some left because their ironclad stats failed them (read: fiction)
Others couldn't face the music

I wish we would just get to the violence already

Jen

Senator
Some left because their ironclad stats failed them (read: fiction)
Others couldn't face the music

I wish we would just get to the violence already
I'd have to leave if we got to the violence.
The only "violence" I can do is a mild tongue-lashing and.......well..........that's just funny.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
There will be no sanity for the next 4 or possibly 8 years. The left is positively UNHINGED.

You do remember how Bush was treated, right?

This will be 10x worse.

Buckle up.

Jen

Senator
There will be no sanity for the next 4 or possibly 8 years. The left is positively UNHINGED.

You do remember how Bush was treated, right?

This will be 10x worse.

Buckle up.
Interestingly enough, I expected that the Left would be sane once Obama took office back in 2008. It didn't happen. I have come to the conclusion that insanity is normal for Leftists.

TheResister

Council Member
Interestingly enough, I expected that the Left would be sane once Obama took office back in 2008. It didn't happen. I have come to the conclusion that insanity is normal for Leftists.

Isn't there a book entitled Liberalism is a Mental Disorder?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
The election is over.

Stop the harassment.
Absolutely! I agree 100%. That is why I don't like the name calling/insults. That is harassment. I am so glad we agree on this issue.:)

4/15

Mayor
There have been studies by the Physiological society that shows conservatives are significantly lower in IQ than free thinkers.

There have been studies by the Physiological society that shows conservatives are significantly lower in IQ than free thinkers.
What do the studies show of Libs? They show that Libs are idiots, have sub intellects, compared to free thinkers --- I wonder why you left that bit out?

Does it remind you of how Obama was treated?
No.

Not even in the same hemisphere.

O was idolized, coddled and never once criticized by 95% of the media in this country regardless of the blatant lies he and his minions told and the obvious corruption that surrounded him and his administration.

Just the exact POLAR OPPOSITE of Trump.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
No.

Not even in the same hemisphere.

O was idolized, coddled and never once criticized by 95% of the media in this country regardless of the blatant lies he and his minions told and the obvious corruption that surrounded him and his administration.

Just the exact POLAR OPPOSITE of Trump.
Not true. Fox News (if they can be called media) criticized Obama all the time, no matter what he did.

Not true. Fox News (if they can be called media) criticized Obama all the time, no matter what he did.
Which doesn't even account for 5% of the media coverage Obobo got.

Like I said 95% of the media in this country would have given him a pass if he took a crap on the White House lawn!

Thanks for making my point for me!