• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A question for Liberals on Bill Clinton's Tax Policy.

Democrats always like to point out how much the economy grew under Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton INCREASED income tax rates, and DECREASED capital gains tax rates.

In other words, Bill Clinton RAISED Warren Buffet's secretary's taxes and LOWERED Warren Buffett's taxes.

This is the tax policy, that according to liberals, created a booming economy.

But they are proposing doing exactly the opposite.

Why?

Seems that we need to raise income taxes and lower Cap gains taxes again to get the economy going if we're going to do what Clinton did.

The left always steps in it sooner or later.

Lukey

Senator
More importantly, he also (with a gentle prod from Congressional Republicans) reined in the growth of government (i.e. reduced deferred taxes). Clinton was the only true supply sider in the White House in the past 20 years.

worldlymrb

Revenge
More importantly, he also (with a gentle prod from Congressional Republicans) reined in the growth of government (i.e. reduced deferred taxes). Clinton was the only true supply sider in the White House in the past 20 years.
Plus Clinton also raised the Payroll Tax

Social Security Facts
www.justfacts.com/socialsecurity.asp
In 1993, Congress and Democratic President Bill Clinton passed a law removing the ... Income earned above this amount was not subject to Social Security taxes. ... Between 1990 and 2009, the taxable maximum was increased by 108%.

Plus Clinton also raised the Payroll Tax
Since the payroll tax is not paid on Capital Gains, in addition to RAISING Warren Buffet' Secretary's income tax, he also RAISED her payroll tax, two tax increases, While he LOWERED Warren Buffet Capital Gains tax.

I hope the Republicans bring this fact up and stuff it down Obama and the Democrat's throat to show what hypocrites they are.

Lobato1

Mayor
That is a LIE, Clinton LOWERED taxes on middle income Americans & the 99%

& increased taxes on the upper 1%

Best Regards
Lobato1

Democrats always like to point out how much the economy grew under Bill Clinton.

In other words, Bill Clinton RAISED Warren Buffet's secretary's taxes and LOWERED Warren Buffett's taxes.

Why?

Seems that we need to raise income taxes and lower Cap gains taxes again to get the economy going if we're going to do what Clinton did.

Lukey

Senator
& increased taxes on the upper 1%

Best Regards
Lobato1
Actually, what he did was control spending, which (ultimately) reduced deferred taxes on the 1% and the 5% and even the 20% (IOW the people who pay all the taxes around here). Quite simply, Clinton was a "supply sider" and that's why the economy performed so well during the latter part of his administration.

Spamature

President
Did you forget that Bush came into office and lowered them another 5%. Could it be that they've been lowered too much ?

Lobato1

Mayor
That is a LIE, Clinton increased taxes on the rich, specifically:

Under Clinton the tax on the Top Bracket (The rich) went from 31% to 39.6%
My references: http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/history-of-federal-individual-1.html

& under Clinton the the Tax tier of the highest income was increased from $84,300 to $255,100 that includedmore "Average" Americans http://top-federal-tax-rates.findthedata.org/compare/77-78/1992-vs-1993

Best Regards
Lobato1

Actually, what he did was control spending, which (ultimately) reduced deferred taxes on the 1% and the 5% and even the 20% (IOW the people who pay all the taxes around here). Quite simply, Clinton was a "supply sider" and that's why the economy performed so well during the latter part of his administration.

Lapcat

Governor
That is a LIE. Clinton increased taxes on EVERYONE, including the "already dead".

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-08-08/opinion/op-21649_1_income-tax-rates

Under Clinton the tax on the Top Bracket (The rich) went from 31% to 39.6%
My references: http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/history-of-federal-individual-1.html

& under Clinton the the Tax tier of the highest income was increased from $84,300 to $255,100 that includedmore "Average" Americans http://top-federal-tax-rates.findthedata.org/compare/77-78/1992-vs-1993

Best Regards
Lobato1

Citizen

Council Member
I have the perfect reply, but might as well not post it, as the mod will edit it to say what they want it to say anyway.

mark14

Council Member
I have the perfect reply, but might as well not post it, as the mod will edit it to say what they want it to say anyway.
I have secret plan to to balance the budget and end the Afghanistan War but I'm not telling either unless I'm written in as President of the United States.

mark14

Council Member
Yes, overall quite an effective President. Obama however has much larger problems and an even more difficult Congress to deal with .

Lobato1

Mayor
Your usual everyday LIES

For starters the $35,800 at 15% tax rate from the Raygun/Daddy era ending in 1992 went to $43,850 for the same 15% rate ending in 2000.

Oh yeah, I've not forgotten your crap of posting the January 2008 unemployment rates when the AWOL/Deserter administration had 12 more months to go including the financial crisis of August 2008 that brought our entire Country's markets into a vertical dive & consequent skyrocketing unemployment. then when I contested your January 2008 in lieu of January 2009 numbers you called me a liar.

Best Regards
Lobato1

That is a LIE. Clinton increased taxes on EVERYONE, including the "already dead".

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-08-08/opinion/op-21649_1_income-tax-rates

Council Member

Why?

Hey lower away, as long as you raise the top rates back up to 39%. and corp taxes to the same. take them to zero, who cares as long as corp's pay the same rate as taxpayers do, since they are people right.