• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A record 10 million sought US jobless aid in past 2 weeks

It's quite a story these initial jobless claims - 6.6 million in one week!!!!. Tmrw april 3 the payroll numbers for march come out and they will probably show a huge drop in numbers employed. Next month will be even worse. The unemployment rate may be 30% by june. Corona did NOT cause this - it's just the scapegoat.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

Thank you President Trump.
That post should render you "ignored" by both sides. It wasn't Trump issuing all of those "mandatory" stay at home orders.

reason10

Governor

Thank you President Trump.
Nope. Thank you Pelosi/Schumer virus.

It accomplished something we thought was impossible. It actually dragged job numbers down to the Obama level.

Raoul_Luke

He killed the economy by closing the borders.
That is absurd. You guys are Trump's best "supporters" - just keep up this nonsense and you will drive millions of non-Trump supporters (like me) to the polls in November to vote for him. Because whatever you people are against, I'm for. Period!

Raoul_Luke

Could be even worse than Great Depression era numbers.

The reaction of the Trump rabble? Great job, Mr. President!
So you are against the various STATE mandated business closures and "stay at home" orders? Because I could swear you have been on here praising them - and THAT is what is driving all this unemployment.

So you are against the various STATE mandated business closures and "stay at home" orders? Because I could swear you have been on here praising them - and THAT is what is driving all this unemployment.
Businesses would be losing money even if the government wasn't mandating them to be closed. Nobody in their right mind would be out shopping right now even if the government allowed it.