• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Slight Adjustment For Parasites

Flanders

Council Member
Combined with fossil fuels, methane hydrates could provide mankind’s energy needs far beyond the foreseeable future:

. . . oil companies such as ConocoPhillips in recent years have been working to harvest the potential of methane hydrates, looking at them as a resource for natural gas production rather than an impediment.​

Two possibilities are inevitable if methane hydrate pans out.

1. The parasite class will demand the benefits without actually contributing anything to developing, producing, and marketing methane hydrates.

2. The ice that burns contains the political potential to incinerate the parasite class out of existence —— at the very least burn down their public trough.

WARNING: Wind power, solar power, and all of the rest of the so-called alternative energy sources feed parasites on the manmade climate change fraud. Petroleum and coal gave the parasite class a body of designer-science to work with. A slight adjustment to the existing fraud is the only thing parasites require to chow down on methane hydrates.

Methane hydrate: Dirty fuel or energy saviour?
By Richard Anderson Business reporter, BBC News
17 April 2014

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27021610

Could 'ice that burns' be the next step in natural gas?
By John Siciliano | May 10, 2015 | 5:00 am

Methane hydrates are formed when natural gas rises from the seabed and combines with water to form ice in the ocean and on land in the Arctic.

The U.S. Geological Survey says it is sometimes referred to as the "ice that burns," because when lit by a flame the icy chunks of "methane hydrates" will ignite.

Most oil and gas drillers have traditionally seen hydrates as a nuisance for deepwater drillers in Alaska and elsewhere, where they can clog pipes used in extraction.

However, oil companies such as ConocoPhillips in recent years have been working to harvest the potential of methane hydrates, looking at them as a resource for natural gas production rather than an impediment.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, chairwoman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, is a huge proponent of the resource and is seeking to restore funding for research and other programs that will speed commercialization of the technology needed to harvest hydrates.

The Alaska Republican is a fan of hydrates, simply put, because "we have a lot of them" in the state, said the energy chief's spokesman, Robert Dillon. He explains that the resource is enormous, offering a huge new resource, not only domestically, but around the globe.

"The United States has 85 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of known methane hydrate reserves onshore Alaska, and 13,000 Tcf offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean," according to the energy committee.

In context, shale reserves are 2,515 Tcf, according to a recent report released by the Potential Gas Committee. The measure is a 50-year high that would provide enough natural gas to supply the nation into the next century.

Globally, hydrate reserves could be as much as 8 million trillion cubic meters, according to the Geological Survey.

A spokesman for the Energy Information Administration, referring to work done by the Geological Survey and the energy committee, agrees it is a huge number, but it has to be taken in light of what can be feasibly recovered. He said the Energy Department's statistics arm has not done much on hydrates for years, with the Geological Survey taking the lead on estimating reserves. The Geological Survey says methane hydrates are hard to recover because they're in solid form. Commercialization is most likely decades away.

Dillon says Alaska has worked with ConocoPhillips to set aside segments of land for research projects. In the middle of the last decade, the Department of Energy and ConocoPhillips established a joint development project to begin tapping hydrates under Alaska's permafrost and tundra.

Dillon says the project also included Japan, which sees hydrates as a potential win for the country if it can develop the technology necessary to extract it from the seabed. Dillon says Alaska has a lot of hydrate potential onshore, but other countries will find it in the oceans.

A committee staffer says it's a matter of economics and that hydrate extraction from the sea could eventually be easier, with fewer risks than offshore drilling.

Japan wants to develop the resource because it has little in the way of natural resources to tap on land, Dillon said. Methane hydrates could provide Japan with a nearly unlimited source of energy.

Nevertheless, Murkowski is concerned that in the decades to come, the work the U.S. has done to advance development could place Japan in the driver's seat to commercialize it first. Dillon explained that hydrate research at the energy Department has been targeted for cuts by the Obama administration, a major concern for the senator.

"We are close to a breakthrough," Dillon said. "We've done good work" in Alaska, with the Energy Department and the industry, "and don't want to cede it to Japan" by sustaining long-term cuts in research.

"We disagree [with the administration] and think hydrates are a great potential for the future," especially for the U.S. and Asia, he said.

Murkowski announced new legislation on Thursday to bolster research and development on methane hydrates, which is expected to be included in a comprehensive energy bill she wants to pass by the end of the year.

The energy committee says hydrate research has lacked full authorization since 2010. The bill reauthorizes that research while updating the program in line with recommendations made by the Department of Energy's Methane Hydrate Advisory Committee. The committee urged the agency to speed up its efforts to commercialize the resource.

Updating the methane program will be the subject of discussion at a May 19 hearing in the committee with a slew of other energy bills meant to address the nation's energy supply.

A Geological Survey study posted May 6 shows an enormous number for methane hydrates from its most recent estimates.

The USGS also says methane hydrates are more dense than other forms of natural gas, offering several times the density of methane per square foot of hydrate. That means a vast bounty for those who could harvest it for energy, but it also poses threats for global warming since methane is one of the most potent greenhouse gases.

Many scientists say greenhouse gas emissions are causing the Earth's climate to warm at a much faster rate.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/is-turning-ice-into-gas-the-next-step/article/2564239

Fast Eddy

Mayor
This sounds like a great capability to supply mans dwindling resources and the need for energy. Fracking has given us a breather by allowing abundant energy, but that too will run out some day.

The Obama administration is doing everything to kill the golden egg of gas and oil production in this country. Despite his efforts North Dakota and Texas have made us the worlds leading supplier of energy. Anything that burns he fights, so my guess is this will end or be greatly reduced in funding. Japan will need to drive this. Obama continues to dump money in unsound energy efforts like solindra. Maybe when he is out of office sanity will return to the energy program or when scientists concede that CO2 does not cause Global warming and that day is close.

On the bright side there are several technologies that are very real and could one day provide cheap and abundant energy to the world.
Lockheed Martin's skunk works team claims a fusion breakthrough and plans to demo a working fusion reactor in the next 3 years. Likewise, the Cold Fusion (LENR) people continue to make progress in figuring out how this works. Realistically they are 5 years away from anything that is real. Another huge possibility is Hydrogen Fuel cells. Scientists have found cheap ways of separating hydrogen and have found cheap ways to make fuel cells with out the need for Palladium. Thorium reactors (LFTR) that work off cheaper more abundant Thorium and do not pose a meltdown problem are a big potential. The US refuses to look at this, but China and India are developing these reactors.

I myself am spending my retirement working on energy and have two technologies that would change the world if they work. There are others working on Zero Point Energy out of the quantum vacuum with NASA leading the way on this. I think one of these projects will pan out and the world will soon have cheap, non polluting energy, the trick is for government and the oil cartels not to squash them.

Flanders

Council Member
To Fast Eddy: Your comments offer some interesting possibilities.

From my perspective the political element in energy is that parasites should, never, never, get startup money from the taxpayer, nor should so-called renewable energy companies be subsidized or bailed out. Betting on a company on Wall Street is fine. If a company succeeds, bettors are entitled to a payoff. If a company fails, bettors should eat the lose. Under no circumstances should tax dollars be added to the mix.

I am not well-versed on all of the possibilities you listed. I have followed this one in articles over the years:

Likewise, the Cold Fusion (LENR) people continue to make progress in figuring out how this works. Realistically they are 5 years away from anything that is real.
Years ago I saw Cold Fusion as a Wall Street scam. They were five years away from success 25 years ago. It is very similar to Wall Street trying to sell the virtual-reality nonsense that still shows up as plots in sci-fi movies and TV shows.

Incidentally, Ayn Rand’s great novel, Atlas Shrugged, was filmed as a trilogy. The politics were right on target. Not so much so when I noticed that Cold Fusion was obviously inserted in the movie. “Wall Street’s” secret energy source so to speak. I do not intend to watch the third chapter.

The Bible is the only book that sold more copies than Atlas Shrugged; so I’ll close with this for those who are not familiar with John Galt.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
To Fast Eddy: Your comments offer some interesting possibilities.

From my perspective the political element in energy is that parasites should, never, never, get startup money from the taxpayer, nor should so-called renewable energy companies be subsidized or bailed out. Betting on a company on Wall Street is fine. If a company succeeds, bettors are entitled to a payoff. If a company fails, bettors should eat the lose. Under no circumstances should tax dollars be added to the mix.

I am not well-versed on all of the possibilities you listed. I have followed this one in articles over the years:

Years ago I saw Cold Fusion as a Wall Street scam. They were five years away from success 25 years ago. It is very similar to Wall Street trying to sell the virtual-reality nonsense that still shows up as plots in sci-fi movies and TV shows.

Incidentally, Ayn Rand’s great novel, Atlas Shrugged, was filmed as a trilogy. The politics were right on target. Not so much so when I noticed that Cold Fusion was obviously inserted in the movie. “Wall Street’s” secret energy source so to speak. I do not intend to watch the third chapter.

The Bible is the only book that sold more copies than Atlas Shrugged; so I’ll close with this for those who are not familiar with John Galt.

I think your confusing Hot and cold Fusion. Hot Fusion has been funded by the government for over 50 years at universities and they have made little progress. Recently they said it might take another 50 years, thankfully Lockheed Martin stepped in and hopefully has the breakthrough.
Cold fusion discovered in 1989 was quickly killed, primarily by MIT research group trying to protect their big money for the Hot Fusion reactor (tokamac). Gene Melove an MIT professor later discovered their cooked data and resigned and cold fusion has had a resergence in research, privately funded. It has been proven in literally thousands of experiments. A few have been able to get big power bursts, but they have trouble controlling it. It is closer than most realize.

Flanders

Council Member
I think your confusing Hot and cold Fusion.
To Fast Eddy: Hardly! I know nothing about Hot Fusion. I commented on Cold Fusion because you included it in your possibilities.

Likewise, the Cold Fusion (LENR) people continue to make progress in figuring out how this works.
Re: MIT et al.

Cold fusion discovered in 1989 was quickly killed, primarily by MIT research group trying to protect their big money for the Hot Fusion reactor (tokamac). Gene Melove an MIT professor later discovered their cooked data and resigned and cold fusion has had a resergence in research, privately funded. It has been proven in literally thousands of experiments. A few have been able to get big power bursts, but they have trouble controlling it.
To Fast Eddy: First off, the federal government has no constitutional authority giving tax dollars to institutions of “higher learning” for anything. The global warming fraud tops the list of research scams perpetrated by universities.

Basically, global warming fraud invented and funds designer-science. Just show up in Congress and say the magic word SCIENCE based on whatever data you concocted —— then wheel in an empty barrel and say “Fill it up.” Today, a massive system of legal theft is so entrenched because of designer-science it is near impossible to dislodge the hustlers equipped with charts and graphs.

Secondly, Congress sends every tax dollar to crooks. Even if larceny is not involved from top to bottom —— congressional oversight is non-existent. So in my opinion, every institution that gets caught looting the public purse should be denied all federal dollars for 50 years. AND I MEAN ALL INCLUDING GRANTS AND FUNDING UNRELATED TO MANMADE CLIMATE CHANGE. Tie that string to the public’s dollars and you will see tax dollar hustlers vanish from the halls of ivy faster than you can say Algore.

It is closer than most realize.
To Fast Eddy: In other words get in on the ground floor. That sounds like a Wall Street hustle to me.

Flanders

Council Member
Wind power, solar power, and all of the rest of the so-called alternative energy sources feed parasites on the manmade climate change fraud.

Why is there such a fuss over global warming when the world has Goofy Annan:

Former UN Chief: Americans Should Eat Insects to Fight Global Warming
Kofi Annan wants to put bugs on your table.
By James Taylor – 5.7.15

http://spectator.org/articles/62639/former-un-chief-americans-should-eat-insects-fight-global-warming

Fast Eddy

Mayor
To Fast Eddy: Hardly! I know nothing about Hot Fusion. I commented on Cold Fusion because you included it in your possibilities.

Re: MIT et al.

To Fast Eddy: First off, the federal government has no constitutional authority giving tax dollars to institutions of “higher learning” for anything. The global warming fraud tops the list of research scams perpetrated by universities.

Basically, global warming fraud invented and funds designer-science. Just show up in Congress and say the magic word SCIENCE based on whatever data you concocted —— then wheel in an empty barrel and say “Fill it up.” Today, a massive system of legal theft is so entrenched because of designer-science it is near impossible to dislodge the hustlers equipped with charts and graphs.

Secondly, Congress sends every tax dollar to crooks. Even if larceny is not involved from top to bottom —— congressional oversight is non-existent. So in my opinion, every institution that gets caught looting the public purse should be denied all federal dollars for 50 years. AND I MEAN ALL INCLUDING GRANTS AND FUNDING UNRELATED TO MANMADE CLIMATE CHANGE. Tie that string to the public’s dollars and you will see tax dollar hustlers vanish from the halls of ivy faster than you can say Algore.

To Fast Eddy: In other words get in on the ground floor. That sounds like a Wall Street hustle to me.
I was just giving my prospective on energy, was not trying to encourage any investments, that would be foolish at this point.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
The oil companies have been looking at the clathrate beds all over the world as their next "Oil" to sell for a long time. Problem is it's deep and very hard to recover without it flashing over to a gas they want it, just can't get it.