• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Thanksgiving Day message...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I have a couple of relatives,both in-laws,that can't seem to help themselves from tossing political hand grenades at family meals. I stopped dining with them years ago.

Boltlady

Mayor
I have a couple of relatives,both in-laws,that can't seem to help themselves from tossing political hand grenades at family meals. I stopped dining with them years ago.
There must be some subject that you agree with them on. Just change the subject to that.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
How magnanimous of you...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Gotta know the crowd. If it’s all Trumpies, or all anti-Trumpies, discussing politics is OK. Trumpies might find it cathartic to repeat Trump’s gaslighting - the “hoax/witch hunt” jive. Or whatever Fox Noise is drilling into their heads. Anti-Trumpies might find it cathartic to note how flabbergasted they are to watch Republicans enabling Trump’s crime spree and horrific level of performance.

But if there’s a mix of the two crowds at Thanksgiving, politics is explosive. Better stick to football, Aunt Tillie’s awesome candied yam recipe, etc.

Last edited:

Willy Bertoia

Council Member
Face it...the two sides have come to hate each other over politics. When there are "communists and fascists" sitting together at a table it's just a matter of time before it begins. The rest of us may as well just sit back and enjoy the spectacle. I personally get and keep a drumstick at the ready. It's a handy close-range weapon and also a fairly accurate missile for the loudmouth at the other end of the table. So what if somebody pulls back their chair and stomps away....grab their plate and divvy it up between the remaining diners...It is after all, a day of tasty food and a chance to see who's gotten greyer, fatter, or more or less pr0sperous in the last year. Remember, get yourself one of the drumsticks....you'll see.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Face it...the two sides have come to hate each other over politics. When there are "communists and fascists" sitting together at a table it's just a matter of time before it begins. The rest of us may as well just sit back and enjoy the spectacle. I personally get and keep a drumstick at the ready. It's a handy close-range weapon and also a fairly accurate missile for the loudmouth at the other end of the table. So what if somebody pulls back their chair and stomps away....grab their plate and divvy it up between the remaining diners...It is after all, a day of tasty food and a chance to see who's gotten greyer, fatter, or more or less pr0sperous in the last year. Remember, get yourself one of the drumsticks....you'll see.
Nothing says “Thanksgiving spirit” like thoughts of assaulting one’s fellow diners with the drumsticks. Brings tears to one’s eyes.

;-)