• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

According to urban dictionary 'squad' has a ghetto connotation

llovejim

Current Champion
Does this mean the media are all racists for branding the four congresswoman so?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squad&amp=true&page=2
no. you are just being silly. they named themselves that. kind of like some white guys who follow the Vikings call themselves Vikings and dress up like one knowing they are really not vikings....just because a word is in the urban dictionary doesn't mean it is racist or naughty. geez. Did you read the silly definitions in what you linked? nothing racist or negative...wow...talk about digging for dirt in all the wrong places!! here is where AOC takes credit for naming these 4 women "the squad" which blows your silly ass theory about the media being racist at all...if you were being serious...hard to know from your posts when you are being silly on purpose or just being silly out of mistaken beliefs.

You might wonder why, exactly, the four most visible progressive freshman congresswomen — Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from New York, Rashida Tlaib from Michigan, Ayanna Pressley from Massachusetts, and Ilhan Omar from Minnesota — have taken to calling themselves "The Squad." Some commentators have even questioned whether the term may be infantilizing to women, while others are just asking what it means.

Ocasio-Cortez, the unofficial "Squad Captain," explained it simply to Politico earlier this year: "It was literally a joke from that Instagram post. I just wrote 'Squad' and it stuck," she said, referring to a photo the four took together in November 2018, when they were freshly elected in the midterms.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/07/237959/the-squad-congress-aoc-pressley-omar-tlaib-friends

llovejim

Current Champion
Since it's Pelosi who named them "The squad", that confirms Pelosi's own racism, doesn't it?
since you are lying about pelosi naming them, does that mean everything you post is a lie? so far, i would say yes....

You might wonder why, exactly, the four most visible progressive freshman congresswomen — Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from New York, Rashida Tlaib from Michigan, Ayanna Pressley from Massachusetts, and Ilhan Omar from Minnesota — have taken to calling themselves "The Squad." Some commentators have even questioned whether the term may be infantilizing to women, while others are just asking what it means.

Ocasio-Cortez, the unofficial "Squad Captain," explained it simply to Politico earlier this year: "It was literally a joke from that Instagram post. I just wrote 'Squad' and it stuck," she said, referring to a photo the four took together in November 2018, when they were freshly elected in the midterms.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/07/237959/the-squad-congress-aoc-pressley-omar-tlaib-friends

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
no. you are just being silly. they named themselves that. kind of like some white guys who follow the Vikings call themselves Vikings and dress up like one knowing they are really not vikings....just because a word is in the urban dictionary doesn't mean it is racist or naughty. geez. Did you read the silly definitions in what you linked? nothing racist or negative...wow...talk about digging for dirt in all the wrong places!! here is where AOC takes credit for naming these 4 women "the squad" which blows your silly ass theory about the media being racist at all...if you were being serious...hard to know from your posts when you are being silly on purpose or just being silly out of mistaken beliefs.

I'm mocking not being serious. Do keep up

llovejim

Current Champion
I'm mocking not being serious. Do keep up
hard to tell, like i said. you also acted like all trump did was criticize the squad and then asked if is it off limits to do that if they are minorities....remember that silly question? no sillier than this...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
hard to tell, like i said. you also acted like all trump did was criticize the squad and then asked if is it off limits to do that if they are minorities....remember that silly question? no sillier than this...

i dont follow?

They are not subject to criticism because of the color of their skin?