• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

AG Barr: Trump saved a lot of lives by closing the border early

Mr. Friscus

Governor
It looks like William Barr will not be a saint in the leftist church anymore.

Attorney General William Barr said on Wednesday night that by the time that the entire coronavirus pandemic has come to an end, America will look back and realize that President Donald Trump saved a lot of lives by closing down the border early.
“Well, one of the things that I think the president has done very well here is to use the strength of the federal system where certain decisions should be made in Washington perhaps, but also allowing each state to adapt to the situation that confronts it and make their own choices,” Barr said. “And that’s a form of protecting liberty. The federal system is a form [of] protecting liberty, to have the government closest to the people make those decisions. So I think we do have that protection.”
“You’re right in the general sense that there is a power for the government to take extraordinary steps in genuine emergencies,” Barr told Fox News host Laura Ingraham. “That obviously creates a slippery slope, what do you call an emergency? And I am concerned that we not get into the business of declaring everything an emergency, and then using these kinds of sweeping, extraordinary steps.”
“But given where we were back in March, I think the president made the right decision,” Barr concluded. “I think the president has made the right decisions for the right reasons. I think against the advice of many people, he closed the borders. And I think when the history of this is written, that’s going to have saved a lot of lives. I think that given the uncertainty that surrounded this and the possibility that it was so contagious that it would swamp our healthcare system, he supported the appropriate moves for a limited period of time.”

Man, that guy made a lot of sense here:

1. "The federal system is a form [of] protecting liberty, to have the government closest to the people make those decisions. So I think we do have that protection.”​
2. "You’re right in the general sense that there is a power for the government to take extraordinary steps in genuine emergencies, that obviously creates a slippery slope, what do you call an emergency? And I am concerned that we not get into the business of declaring everything an emergency, and then using these kinds of sweeping, extraordinary steps.”​

Logical concerns. Wisdom on display.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Attorney General William Barr said on Wednesday night that by the time that the entire coronavirus pandemic has come to an end, America will look back and realize that President Donald Trump saved a lot of lives by closing down the border early.
“Well, one of the things that I think the president has done very well here is to use the strength of the federal system where certain decisions should be made in Washington perhaps, but also allowing each state to adapt to the situation that confronts it and make their own choices,” Barr said. “And that’s a form of protecting liberty. The federal system is a form [of] protecting liberty, to have the government closest to the people make those decisions. So I think we do have that protection.”
“You’re right in the general sense that there is a power for the government to take extraordinary steps in genuine emergencies,” Barr told Fox News host Laura Ingraham. “That obviously creates a slippery slope, what do you call an emergency? And I am concerned that we not get into the business of declaring everything an emergency, and then using these kinds of sweeping, extraordinary steps.”
“But given where we were back in March, I think the president made the right decision,” Barr concluded. “I think the president has made the right decisions for the right reasons. I think against the advice of many people, he closed the borders. And I think when the history of this is written, that’s going to have saved a lot of lives. I think that given the uncertainty that surrounded this and the possibility that it was so contagious that it would swamp our healthcare system, he supported the appropriate moves for a limited period of time.”

1. "The federal system is a form [of] protecting liberty, to have the government closest to the people make those decisions. So I think we do have that protection.”​
2. "You’re right in the general sense that there is a power for the government to take extraordinary steps in genuine emergencies, that obviously creates a slippery slope, what do you call an emergency? And I am concerned that we not get into the business of declaring everything an emergency, and then using these kinds of sweeping, extraordinary steps.”​

So now what AG Barr has to say about medical matters is of value? More so than medical experts?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
So now what AG Barr has to say about medical matters is of value? More so than medical experts?
I never said that.

I'm saying the guy that the left deemed as their savior for impeachment is now giving glowing praise to the president.

Take it for what you will, but notice how he was to be taken at his word before, now not so much. The plight of being all-in for party politics I suppose. You have to shift your standards 180 degrees constantly in order to oppose the guy you don't like.

Is Barr a reputable figure to you? Yes or No.

Last edited:

voyager

4Q2247365

Too late, Bill, It's already been debunked.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Ok did you not see AFTER THE BORDER WAS CLOSED another 40,000 came through and are still coming through
430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced
There were 1,300 direct flights to 17 cities before President Trump’s travel restrictions. Since then, nearly 40,000 Americans and other authorized travelers have made the trip, some this past week and many with spotty screening.

do you still not understand ????????????

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Trump “closed down the border early”?

The things wingers say.

;-)
and 40,000 more came streaming through - to this day still !

but why pay attention to facts, the infomercial is getting ready to start , whoohoo !

zinc zinc zinc buy my MIRACLE CURE pills at THE vp tRUMP** ONLINE PHARMACIES !

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member

When history is written, it will be worse than bush/ katrina.