• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ah, this booming economy!

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Really?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/business/part-time-work-becomes-full-time-wait-for-better-job.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp&

n March, 7.6 million Americans who want more hours were stuck in part-time jobs, about the same as a year earlier and three million more than there were when the recession began at the end of 2007.

These almost invisible underemployed workers do not count toward the standard jobless rate of 7.6 percent. A broader measure, which includes the involuntary part-timers as well as people who want to work but have stopped looking, stands at 13.8 percent.
No, not really.

connieb

Senator

And, how much worse is this going to get as companies continue to shed full time positions to keep their labor numbers under the 30 hour workweek in the ACA. Between that and an increase in "self employed" individuals... I think what you will eventually see is that in many companies most full-time employees are only going to be upper management.

connie

4/15

Mayor
I do believe it is a big hoax on the American people that companies cut hours to save paying for benefits.

connieb

Senator
I do believe it is a big hoax on the American people that companies cut hours to save paying for benefits.

I think that it is the inevitable fall out when our Government tries to push off ill-planned and written legislation on businesses. For what its worth, I don't see many of my clients doing it out of spite or because they want to. They simply can not afford to expand the benefits to the people or pay the amount to make it "affordable" that is required. Many of my clients are facing several hundreds of dollars of increased costs but maybe only are netting income of less than a hundred thousand. If they absorb these costs - they will be loosing money. And, that puts everyone's jobs at risk.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Meanwhile, I heard a stat that median income is down from $56,000 when Obama took office to $53,000 at the lowest part of the recession, and has continued to go down and is now at $51,000.

yet, Obama says we are on the up... interesting.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You can BELIEVE all you want, got any PROOF it's a hoax?
The fact is that if you have 50 employees working 30 hours per week...that is 1500 manhours per week. If you cut their hours to 20 per week, but increase the number of employees to get the work done, if the number of employees * their weekly hours is greater than 1500....you still have to pay. Papa Johns says they'll have to add about .15 to the cost of a pizza! OMG!!! The pizza industry is doomed, doomed I tell ya.