• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Alabama, Louisiana, Greece and the USA

Lukey

Senator
The difference is we don't think making them poorer is an effective way to grow the economy. It may be a great way to teach them a lesson but it is not a solution to our lack of demand which creates customers for small business within the USA.
So however much "demand" we need to guarantee everyone a job with a living wage is how much money the government should spend? Ef that, I'm going the other way...

degsme

Council Member
Yes, you appear to be arguing that welfare recipients and the working poor "pull their own weight." If so, I agree!
Well given the poor education level in Red States
Given the poor Per Capita Patent rate in those states

Its pretty clear that even if we took out all of the poor from those states, those states would not "pull their own weight".

The best evidence for this is that fundamental aspects of modern society are not being provided for by those states from their own budgets but instead are being subsidized by more productive liberals. Things like

• Quality schools (Dept of Ed)
  • Quality healthcare (rural and suburban hospitals and EMT services)
  • Consistent law enforcement (Rural 911 services)
  • Modern Transportation capacity (county service roads for interstates)
  • Rural Power
  • Rural Telephony
  • Rural Cell coverage
  • The list goes on

See I've been to Alabama - including Huntsville, the "technology center". And I've been to Paris and La Surennes and Marseille, And I've been to Athens and various other places in Greece.

Alabama is more like Greece and Paris is more like Berkeley. There is a massive difference in productivity. And the fact that Red States are unable to have viable self-sustaining economies DESPITE having long instituted conservative fiscal policies tells us pretty much all we need to know.