• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Albert Einstein was racist.............

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
You don't seem to understand that YOUR morals is not some sort of objective morality .

I do not believe it was every morally correct. But what I believe being raised with modern day christian values, is not what everyone else believed nor what people raised outside of that belief system, believe.
The Natives thought it was perfectly appropriate to take slaves from the warring tribes they killed. That was common throughout not only much of the Americas but also Africa. Egypt thought it was perfectly appropriate to keep slaves, Greece, Rome.. all believed slavery was completely appropriate and moral - and some of the biggest advancement in science and astronomy and mathematics came from those periods.
Again there was never a time or place that slavery was moral. Was it moral not to let women vote, or to be able to walk in front of a man? Most people are functional idiots, like the ones who knew it was correct to cut the hearts out of young virgins to appease the God of fire.
Reality is not effected by any person or group

connieb

Senator
Again there was never a time or place that slavery was moral. Was it moral not to let women vote, or to be able to walk in front of a man? Most people are functional idiots, like the ones who knew it was correct to cut the hearts out of young virgins to appease the God of fire.
Reality is not effected by any person or group
There was a time and a place where it was moral - it was considered moral - by those who practiced it. Indeed many places in India believe today that it is moral - to make sure other classes don't mingle, that they aren't touched by the unclean. The idea that you would let an untouchable - touch you is the height of IMMORALITY to them.

Reality - is merely in the eye of the beholder. You have a bizarre inability to see the world through anyone else's perspective. You should try it sometime, its called tolerance.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
There was a time and a place where it was moral - it was considered moral - by those who practiced it. Indeed many places in India believe today that it is moral - to make sure other classes don't mingle, that they aren't touched by the unclean. The idea that you would let an untouchable - touch you is the height of IMMORALITY to them.

Reality - is merely in the eye of the beholder. You have a bizarre inability to see the world through anyone else's perspective. You should try it sometime, its called tolerance.
Wrong, there was never a time or place where all people believed that slavery was moral, so morality is decided by the individual not the group. Is tearing the head off of a child 1 hour before a normal birth moral? How many children do you have, and have you ever looked at another person who had your own eyes?

Try it, but one thing you will never do, is decide right and wrong, because these were created at the birth of time and have not changed

connieb

Senator
Wrong, there was never a time or place where all people believed that slavery was moral, so morality is decided by the individual not the group. Is tearing the head off of a child 1 hour before a normal birth moral? How many children do you have, and have you ever looked at another person who had your own eyes?

Try it, but one thing you will never do, is decide right and wrong, because these were created at the birth of time and have not changed
Who is talking about "all people". Different communities have different standards. There were times where the predominant culture of the time believed slavery to be moral.

Morality is decided by the community and society that the individuals are part of.

No, I do not believe tearing the head off a child - at any stage of development is moral. But then the solution is to not have an abortion, and not work in a healthcare facility that does them.

Right and wrong was not created at the birth of time, as evidenced by the fact that so much of what is "right and wrong" has varied over time.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Who is talking about "all people". Different communities have different standards. There were times where the predominant culture of the time believed slavery to be moral.

Morality is decided by the community and society that the individuals are part of.

No, I do not believe tearing the head off a child - at any stage of development is moral. But then the solution is to not have an abortion, and not work in a healthcare facility that does them.

Right and wrong was not created at the birth of time, as evidenced by the fact that so much of what is "right and wrong" has varied over time.
Society which you referred to is all people, thus society never agreed that slavery was moral. What you can not grasp is that if people agree that something is right that this does not change reality. In your world if people agree that throwing virgins into the volcano appeases the fire God, then the fire god is appeased.

Your soul must be very sad to argue that slavery was ever moral.

connieb

Senator
Society which you referred to is all people, thus society never agreed that slavery was moral. What you can not grasp is that if people agree that something is right that this does not change reality. In your world if people agree that throwing virgins into the volcano appeases the fire God, then the fire god is appeased.

Your soul must be very sad to argue that slavery was ever moral.
"Society" is not "all people". There are literally hundreds of thousands of different cultures. All with thier own mores, moral standards and understanding of right and wrong.

And, indeed yes Fire God is appeased. Merely because YOUR morality - is that there is no fire god, does not make it so.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
"Society" is not "all people". There are literally hundreds of thousands of different cultures. All with thier own mores, moral standards and understanding of right and wrong.

And, indeed yes Fire God is appeased. Merely because YOUR morality - is that there is no fire god, does not make it so.
In which of these cultures is slavery agreed moral by all members of society.

Number please

connieb

Senator
In which of these cultures is slavery agreed moral by all members of society.

Number please
What?

The question is not ALL members of society. The issue is the governing social norm of the time.

Are you unaware that many cultures had slaves? Do you think that the people who had them, thought the practice was immoral? Since there were few laws against it, it is obvious that many societies did not feel as a rule that the practice was immoral or at least sufficiently immoral to outlaw it. And clear that at least a majority did not.

At one time, in Rome it was thought completely moral to go and watch people be torn apart by Tigers, Lions or fight to the death. And entire stadiums were built just so this bloodsport could be observed.

Have you never opened a history book?

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
What?

The question is not ALL members of society. The issue is the governing social norm of the time.

Are you unaware that many cultures had slaves? Do you think that the people who had them, thought the practice was immoral? Since there were few laws against it, it is obvious that many societies did not feel as a rule that the practice was immoral or at least sufficiently immoral to outlaw it. And clear that at least a majority did not.

At one time, in Rome it was thought completely moral to go and watch people be torn apart by Tigers, Lions or fight to the death. And entire stadiums were built just so this bloodsport could be observed.

Have you never opened a history book?
It does not matter how many cultures had or have slaves, it's still wrong and immoral.

I have pity on the soul of any person who feels differently, and nothing you can ever do will change my view. Can you accept this?

connieb

Senator
It does not matter how many cultures had or have slaves, it's still wrong and immoral.

I have pity on the soul of any person who feels differently, and nothing you can ever do will change my view. Can you accept this?
Since I don't really give a fvck what you think - I can accept your intolerance just fine.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Since I don't really give a fvck what you think - I can accept your intolerance just fine.
Yawning.

PS slavery in any form always was and always will be morally wrong and never was or will be accepted by decent people, anyone who disagrees needs to drink the koolaid.

Spamature

President
Eh... he was a man of his time. That is just how things were. It seems harsh and racist now, because we have been drinking the PC swill for so long. But there is nothing inherently racist about looking at other cultures, particularly at a time when he was doing so when they were comparatively under-developed and thinking that they were somehow strange or inferior.
There's nothing racist about being racist ?

connieb

Senator
Yawning.

PS slavery in any form always was and always will be morally wrong and never was or will be accepted by decent people, anyone who disagrees needs to drink the koolaid.
Clearly there were many decent people who thought that it was morally acceptable.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Not without being wrong.. according to you. Not according to them. Its their perspective that matters - get it.
So if someone believes something is correct, then it is correct because they believe its correct?
This implies serious delusions of grandeur......

I could continue this, but I unlike some have a family to attend to

connieb

Senator
So if someone believes something is correct, then it is correct because they believe its correct?
This implies serious delusions of grandeur......

I could continue this, but I unlike some have a family to attend to
When it comes to something subjective like morality, yes.

connieb

Senator
What do you think racism is, if not the belief that other races are inferior ?
The belief that they are INHERENTLY inferior. Coming across a less evolved culture and acknowledging that it is less evolved and that the people seem to be strange, or weird does not indicate that you are not open to the fact that they are not actually inherently inferior as beings.