• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Alex Jones Recants, Apologizes for "Pizzagate"...

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Alex Jones, after screeching for months about the bogus tale of sex trafficking in a DC pizza parlor, has recanted the tale and apologized to the owner. This is likely due to consideration of possible lawsuits for this libelous attack on the restaurant owner, on Hillary...and on Podesta. Someone else needs to do the same.

...Alex Jones, the conspiracy-loving media personality, apologized Friday for his role in promoting "Pizzagate," the baseless viral story that a Washington pizza restaurant was the locale of a child sex-abuse ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign chairman, John Podesta.

In a surprising and rare bit of backtracking, Jones posted a six-minute video on his website, "InfoWars," in which he read a prepared statement formally distancing himself and his site from what became a textbook story of fake news run amok. He addressed his apology to James Alefantis, the owner of Comet Ping Pong, the restaurant that was the supposed locale of the alleged conspiracy last year.

"I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him," Jones said. "We relied on third-party accounts of alleged activities and conduct at the restaurant. We also relied on accounts of [two] reporters who are no longer with us.
"...

http://www.sfgate.com/national/article/Conspiracy-theorist-Alex-Jones-backs-off-11027011.php