• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez mighty impressive on 60 Minutes

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
She’s smart enough to know that one doesn’t ignore the current costs when doing the comparative math, including insurance premiums and current health care-related taxation.

But you aren’t.
At best in the future she is another Sarah Palin but currently just a flash in the pan who had a softball interview with no answers and I'm sure a ton of content cut from the interview.

Trump has lowered the bar on who a politician can be so much that she won.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
The interview was the first time the American public heard from her at any length. Thus far, most of her coverage has consisted of right wingers trying to depict her as an intellectual lightweight/wannabe.

As always though, the right wingers have been lying and misleading. AOC is impressive in so many ways. Watch the interview to decide for yourself...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-the-rookie-congresswoman-challenging-the-democratic-establishment-60-minutes-interview-full-transcript-2019-01-06/
You are also impressed with barney the purple dinosaur

S

Sickofleft

Yes, inartful. She corrects herself when she says something wrong. Trump just keeps right on telling the same lies as you Trump cultists applaud.

And here you are minimizing Trump’s 15 lie-per-day average by lying about me.

Deplorable, as always.
Couple of points:

1) I am not minimizing anything, I am just merely pointing out that 15 lies a day is mere pittance compared to your quota on this board every day.

2) She corrects herself? I believe she said something to Anderson Cooper that its not really the facts people should be concerned with but the sentiment? Please explain oh wise one how that is "correcting yourself"?

Her exact words:

“There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right,”

Translation: If you are on the left you may lie as much as you want because if you are one of us you are Superior and those rules don't apply. Trump is not one of us so everything he says is coming from a lying bastard.

Your pathetic hypocrisy is showing.....as always.

guvnah

Dilly Dilly!
Much like Bernie, she can't tell us how she'd pay for anything. Somehow politicians must learn to live with a budget. They cannot perpetually raise spending without coming to terms with the damage they do. SS is in trouble. It is not a low priority issue, because projections for cutting benefits for all recipients by 2030 would be a disaster at the rate mentioned (25%). Reducing a huge chunk of the consumer economy by that much would hurt everyone.

Interest on the debt is now something like the 4th largest item in the budget....FIX IT.
Bull shit spending on the Railroad museum in PA or the parking lot in Talkeetna Alaska have to end. These things are not of interest to the federal government, which has no federal buildings in Talkeetna. Hell, the federal government spends $17,000 for every man woman and child in Alaska. 40,000 civilians in Alaska are on the Fed payroll.
Mexico is going to pay for it with all the billions they’re saving now that Trump let them off the hook for the wall.

S

Sickofleft

As bad as she is at details, she certainly is not talking about printing money for a single payer system. Why engage in such goofy rhetoric? She is talking about folding current premiums into a new system. Of course, she doesn't know how much money that might be, nor does she explain how that could seamlessly take over the current system.
I was referring to her idea to use accounting errors in the Pentagon budget to pay for her Medicare for all plan or Bernie's. I am not engaging in "goofy" rhetoric I am just merely pointing out she wanted to use money that does not actually exist.

However according to her that would be "morally right" so its OK. :rolleyes:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
At best in the future she is another Sarah Palin but currently just a flash in the pan who had a softball interview with no answers and I'm sure a ton of content cut from the interview.

She beat one of DNC's top NY Lib and the voters that voter for her sure didn't vote for Trump...….

Last edited:

Bugsy McGurk

President

Another Sarah Palin? Crikey.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Couple of points:

1) I am not minimizing anything, I am just merely pointing out that 15 lies a day is mere pittance compared to your quota on this board every day.

2) She corrects herself? I believe she said something to Anderson Cooper that its not really the facts people should be concerned with but the sentiment? Please explain oh wise one how that is "correcting yourself"?

Her exact words:

“There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right,”

Translation: If you are on the left you may lie as much as you want because if you are one of us you are Superior and those rules don't apply. Trump is not one of us so everything he says is coming from a lying bastard.

Your pathetic hypocrisy is showing.....as always.
You’re just repeating your yapping, lying about me, distorting what she has said, and avoiding the issues she raises. Just more GOP Dopey Talk.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I never claimed she said it. Learn to read.

That Dingleberry doesn't care what her idiotic schemes cost.

I gave you what the experts said it wouhld cost.
Some “experts” said some unspecified plan would “cost” something over some unspecified time period relative to some unspecified alternatives?

That’s the best you can do to discuss health coverage options?

Truly deplorable.

Nostra

Governor
Some “experts” said some unspecified plan would “cost” something over some unspecified time period relative to some unspecified alternatives?

That’s the best you can do to discuss health coverage options?

Truly deplorable.
I accept your concession.

Run along.

Bugsy McGurk

President
As that piece notes, the estimates are all over the place, and they are hugely reliant upon the nature of the universal plan. Are there co-pays? Deductibles? Negotiated fees with providers? There is a whole panoply of variables.

And when GOP liars yap about such things, they decline to look at the present costs paid by society, such as insurance premiums, health-related taxes, hospital absorption of costs forced by patients without money or insurance, etc.

To estimate the “costs” of a universal coverage system paid for by the feds, all these issues must be analyzed. Depending on the variables, it may “cost” us less than society pays now, or it may be more. But when idiots just throw huge numbers around in a vacuum, they should just be ignored.