• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez mighty impressive on 60 Minutes

Bugsy McGurk

President
Bartender and the crazy trump like things she says shows she doesn't even understand real life or government.
She’s disqualified because she was a bartender? You can’t actually believe that.

What “Trump like things” has she said?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
She’s disqualified because she was a bartender? You can’t actually believe that.

Fact Checker Analysis
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s $21 trillion mistake

By Salvador Rizzo
December 4, 2018

“$21 TRILLION of Pentagon financial transactions ‘could not be traced, documented, or explained.’ $21T in Pentagon accounting errors. Medicare for All costs ~$32T. That means 66% of Medicare for All could have been funded already by the Pentagon.”

— Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), in a tweet, Dec. 2, 2018

The Defense Department is awash with money. So much money that neither the staff nor 1,200 auditors could make sense of where it all went. (The Pentagon recently failed its first big audit in history.)

Enter Ocasio-Cortez. She supports expanding Medicare to people under 65, what’s known as single-payer or Medicare-for-all. But the big question is how to pay for all that health care. According to an estimate from the Urban Institute, the price tag on Sen. Bernie Sanders’s Medicare-for-all proposal would be $32 trillion over 10 years.

ADVERTISING
Maybe the Pentagon has a few trillion dollars lying around somewhere, as Ocasio-Cortez implied? Let’s find out.

The Facts
Ocasio-Cortez claimed on Twitter that $21 trillion in “Pentagon accounting errors” could have paid for 66 percent of the Medicare-for-all proposal. Her tweet references an article in the Nation, a left-leaning magazine. The specific line about the missing $21 trillion comes from research by Mark Skidmore, an economics professor at Michigan State University.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/statements/?list=speaker

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

As you know I didn't say she was disqualified. I said that I preferred more qualified candidates.

Nice spin.

I can't believe Bugsy is even going so low as to defend Ocasio. A new low for your Bugs.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Fact Checker Analysis
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s $21 trillion mistake

By Salvador Rizzo
December 4, 2018

“$21 TRILLION of Pentagon financial transactions ‘could not be traced, documented, or explained.’ $21T in Pentagon accounting errors. Medicare for All costs ~$32T. That means 66% of Medicare for All could have been funded already by the Pentagon.”

— Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), in a tweet, Dec. 2, 2018

The Defense Department is awash with money. So much money that neither the staff nor 1,200 auditors could make sense of where it all went. (The Pentagon recently failed its first big audit in history.)

Enter Ocasio-Cortez. She supports expanding Medicare to people under 65, what’s known as single-payer or Medicare-for-all. But the big question is how to pay for all that health care. According to an estimate from the Urban Institute, the price tag on Sen. Bernie Sanders’s Medicare-for-all proposal would be $32 trillion over 10 years.

ADVERTISING
Maybe the Pentagon has a few trillion dollars lying around somewhere, as Ocasio-Cortez implied? Let’s find out.

The Facts
Ocasio-Cortez claimed on Twitter that $21 trillion in “Pentagon accounting errors” could have paid for 66 percent of the Medicare-for-all proposal. Her tweet references an article in the Nation, a left-leaning magazine. The specific line about the missing $21 trillion comes from research by Mark Skidmore, an economics professor at Michigan State University.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/statements/?list=speaker
She admitted she misspoke about that. She’s young and learning. She’s going to make mistakes.

But you compared her to Trump. Trump has told over 7,600 lies as president, and he just keeps telling them. They are polar opposites.

Bugsy McGurk

President
As you know I didn't say she was disqualified. I said that I preferred more qualified candidates.

Nice spin.

I can't believe Bugsy is even going so low as to defend Ocasio. A new low for your Bugs.
The reason I linked to her interview is because it demonstrates beyond doubt that she is a bright, extremely passionate legislator. You should watch it. Of course, the right wing hate machine, which identifies Dem rising stars and hates on them, has falsely depicted her as an idiotic floozy. Those interested in the truth should watch the video.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The reason I linked to her interview is because it demonstrates beyond doubt that she is a bright, extremely passionate legislator. You should watch it. Of course, the right wing hate machine, which identifies Dem rising stars and hates on them, has falsely depicted her as an idiotic floozy. Those interested in the truth should watch the video.
as you libs did Palin
whataboutism

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
The interview was the first time the American public heard from her at any length. Thus far, most of her coverage has consisted of right wingers trying to depict her as an intellectual lightweight/wannabe.

As always though, the right wingers have been lying and misleading. AOC is impressive in so many ways. Watch the interview to decide for yourself...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-the-rookie-congresswoman-challenging-the-democratic-establishment-60-minutes-interview-full-transcript-2019-01-06/
So you have low expectations and think it's great