• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

All of a Sudden we have LOTS of money! 1.6B to PAKISTAN ???

Caroljo

Senator
WTH??

The U.S. has quietly decided to release more than $1.6 billion in military and economic aid to Pakistan that was suspended when relations between the two countries disintegrated over the covert raid that killed Osama bin Laden and deadly U.S. airstrikes against Pakistani soldiers.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/10/20/us-quietly-releasing-16b-in-pakistan-assistance.html

Of course it's improved....they want our money and we're stupid enough to believe them??? What a bunch of morons we have running our country.....we're over 17T in debt and they just keep giving it all away.

WTH??

The U.S. has quietly decided to release more than $1.6 billion in military and economic aid to Pakistan that was suspended when relations between the two countries disintegrated over the covert raid that killed Osama bin Laden and deadly U.S. airstrikes against Pakistani soldiers.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/10/20/us-quietly-releasing-16b-in-pakistan-assistance.html

Of course it's improved....they want our money and we're stupid enough to believe them??? What a bunch of morons we have running our country.....we're over 17T in debt and they just keep giving it all away.
Countries like Pakistan are a Black Hole. Egypt (and Israel) are others. Any money we send them winds up in the pockets of the ruling elite; the common folk never see it. That is why nothing changes there, and poverty continues to plague these people. Israel is a little different in that any money we send them is spent making us more enemies worldwide, and buying our politicians stateside. We keep sending money down a Black Hole, but will not use it to put our people to work, or rejuvinate our crumbling roads, bridges, and cities.

Are our citizens putting these sad experiences to work in their own favor? Of course not. They will vote for Obama again tomorrow, and scream, and jump up and down, as he promises more hope and change. Sad to say, when one is dealing with the average citizen, he is dealing with an individual of low IQ, whether Democrat or Republican. It has to be one of the saddest things I have ever witnessed, watching those citizens line up at a polling place to vote.

Jen

Senator
Countries like Pakistan are a Black Hole. Egypt (and Israel) are others. Any money we send them winds up in the pockets of the ruling elite; the common folk never see it. That is why nothing changes there, and poverty continues to plague these people. Israel is a little different in that any money we send them is spent making us more enemies worldwide, and buying our politicians stateside. We keep sending money down a Black Hole, but will not use it to put our people to work, or rejuvinate our crumbling roads, bridges, and cities.

Are our citizens putting these sad experiences to work in their own favor? Of course not. They will vote for Obama again tomorrow, and scream, and jump up and down, as he promises more hope and change. Sad to say, when one is dealing with the average citizen, he is dealing with an individual of low IQ, whether Democrat or Republican. It has to be one of the saddest things I have ever witnessed, watching those citizens line up at a polling place to vote.
Our government is (and has been for many administrations)paying that elite not to hurt us while telling those of us who are gullible that it's for the "people", the "children".

And the ugly truth is that if/ when they CAN hurt us, they will do it in a heartbeat.

Caroljo

Senator
I have a huge problem with the US sending money outside the US when we have so many out of work, like you said...our roads, bridges, etc need a ton of work. These things could put people BACK to work. And as long as any country hates America like the Middle East countries do, they deserve NONE of our help. It's just amazing to me that our leaders are this stupid, and they don't care what we think or what we want. They work for us....we don't work for them! They need a reminder.....

Reactions: Jen

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
WTH??

thanks for linking that excellent article on the state of our relationship with Pakistan (and the region) and what our congress and president are doing about it. it's a shame that you couldn't appreciate that it's more than a matter of money. I've often accused repub/cons of being penny-wise and pound foolish and that's what your comments were on this matter.

Caroljo

Senator
thanks for linking that excellent article on the state of our relationship with Pakistan (and the region) and what our congress and president are doing about it. it's a shame that you couldn't appreciate that it's more than a matter of money. I've often accused repub/cons of being penny-wise and pound foolish and that's what your comments were on this matter.
Ya....then tell me what the MORE is. I hear a lot of it is paying them off for not hurting us...but no, those loving muslims would never think of it! What is your take on why our president is giving them so much money, when we at home are suffering and 1.6B could do a whole hell of a lot. There's no excuse!!

fairsheet

Senator
Our American "foreign aid" budget is pissant as a portion of our whole, AND as compared with those of our modern capitalist compatriots. There are actually good reasons for both by the way, and shouldn't be matters for shame on our part.

Nevertheless.....what we DO contribute, has remained apace for over a century, through this political era and that. Why IS that? Do we need a Sears catalog full of conspiracy theories to explain it. Or, is there one overarching conspiracy theory that covers it all?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Ya....then tell me what the MORE is. I hear a lot of it is paying them off for not hurting us...but no, those loving muslims would never think of it! What is your take on why our president is giving them so much money, when we at home are suffering and 1.6B could do a whole hell of a lot. There's no excuse!!
2 things.
read the article in full.
then read it again.

Caroljo

Senator
2 things.
read the article in full.
then read it again.
I read it.....
The Pakistani's are worried about their "dam". They're doing what they need to do to get the US to give them more money, but things still aren't good. That's the short of it. TOO BAD! Take care of THIS country first, then worry about others. But it seems libs care more about muslims than they do their own countrymen. Well, doesn't "seem"...it's proven all the time.

Reactions: Jen
Our government is (and has been for many administrations)paying that elite not to hurt us while telling those of us who are gullible that it's for the "people", the "children".
And the ugly truth is that if/ when they CAN hurt us, they will do it in a heartbeat.
It wouldn't be so bad if that money were put to decent use overseas, but it isn't. IMO, the money for Pakistan is just bribery for their government to keep looking the other way while our drones kill their citizens in the guise of pursuing terror. In the case of Egypt, it is to bribe Egypt not to threaten Israel, or be a part of any future joint action against the Israeli state. Our gifts to Egypt are more for the benefit of Israel than it is for our benefit.

The aid we give to Israel, Egypt, and Pakistan together equals 10 billion per annum (6 billion for Israel alone). That's just 3 countries. Why can we not use the 10 billion to start a re-construction program in our own country, even if we only hold back the aid for one year? Problem is: no one has the guts to tell Israel to stuff it, even for one year. We could possibly do it to Pakistan and Egypt, but not Israel. It would start a Jewish war against the U.S., and we would lose, because they control our currency, our interest rates, and our economy. They could re-create 1929 very easily, just by manipulating the money supply. So much for American independence.

Jen

Senator
It wouldn't be so bad if that money were put to decent use overseas, but it isn't. IMO, the money for Pakistan is just bribery for their government to keep looking the other way while our drones kill their citizens in the guise of pursuing terror. In the case of Egypt, it is to bribe Egypt not to threaten Israel, or be a part of any future joint action against the Israeli state. Our gifts to Egypt are more for the benefit of Israel than it is for our benefit.

The aid we give to Israel, Egypt, and Pakistan together equals 10 billion per annum (6 billion for Israel alone). That's just 3 countries. Why can we not use the 10 billion to start a re-construction program in our own country, even if we only hold back the aid for one year? Problem is: no one has the guts to tell Israel to stuff it, even for one year. We could possibly do it to Pakistan and Egypt, but not Israel. It would start a Jewish war against the U.S., and we would lose, because they control our currency, our interest rates, and our economy. They could re-create 1929 very easily, just by manipulating the money supply. So much for American independence.
To me there is a difference between Israel and the other countries in the ME. Israel is our ally. The others are just pretending to be our allies or not our allies at all. I know that you and I have some differences in the way we think of Israel. Other than that I agree with you.

To me there is a difference between Israel and the other countries in the ME. Israel is our ally. The others are just pretending to be our allies or not our allies at all. I know that you and I have some differences in the way we think of Israel. Other than that I agree with you.
Israel is not our friend, Jen. I know this beyond doubt. I know Israel well, been there many times. Have traveled, worked, and lived in the Mid-East region for 30 years. One day, you will come to the same conclusion yourself--as you gather more and more information.

Caroljo

Senator
Israel is not our friend, Jen. I know this beyond doubt. I know Israel well, been there many times. Have traveled, worked, and lived in the Mid-East region for 30 years. One day, you will come to the same conclusion yourself--as you gather more and more information.
The Bible tells us that Israel will be on it's own in the end days....I think we're just about there. The only reason Obama is still aiding them is because he knows what would happened if he stopped it. As a Christian, I believe in helping them, but I also know it's going to come to an end. I'm just watching for IF the US stops aid to any country, if we stop aid to Israel first. That is something Obama would do. Until our country starts to get back on it's feet, we need to stop ALL aid, and especially to terrorist countries.

Jen

Senator
I have an open mind. And I am gathering information.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I read it.....
The Pakistani's are worried about their "dam". They're doing what they need to do to get the US to give them more money, but things still aren't good. That's the short of it. TOO BAD! Take care of THIS country first, then worry about others. But it seems libs care more about muslims than they do their own countrymen. Well, doesn't "seem"...it's proven all the time.
there's no way for anyone to help a con understand the big picture, the responsibility and need for America to be engaged in the world, and post 9/11, to be especially involved in that part of the world. you cons are too simple. period.