• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

All these people carrying guns has made me more afraid, not less!

First, I have no problem with gun ownership. You can have as many guns as you want or can afford. The problem I have is that knowing all of these people are carrying guns has made me more afraid, not less afraid. You can say people kill people not guns, but it seems like people are more apt to use a gun if they have it on their person. I read about man shooting and killing another in church fighting over specific seat. Now I suspect if the one man hadn't been carrying that gun into church a few fists might have flown, but no one would have been shot and killed. It seems to me that more and more of this is happening. It is almost like, "I am carrying this thing around so I must use it for something". Maybe you feel safer with so many people carrying guns, but I and a lot of other people feel less. Especially with the lack of training.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
First, I have no problem with gun ownership. You can have as many guns as you want or can afford. The problem I have is that knowing all of these people are carrying guns has made me more afraid, not less afraid. You can say people kill people not guns, but it seems like people are more apt to use a gun if they have it on their person. I read about man shooting and killing another in church fighting over specific seat. Now I suspect if the one man hadn't been carrying that gun into church a few fists might have flown, but no one would have been shot and killed. It seems to me that more and more of this is happening. It is almost like, "I am carrying this thing around so I must use it for something". Maybe you feel safer with so many people carrying guns, but I and a lot of other people feel less. Especially with the lack of training.
I am so glad that you can predict the future and will be able to tell us when the next Baltimore style riot will be.

How about a freakin' link!?!? :0)

Bo-4

Senator
The reality is as simple as simple gets - more guns = more death.

Is it better to have an argument between two unarmed people or one in which one or both are armed? That answer seems pretty simple to me.

I own a handgun for home protection and occasional plinking at the range. I don't strap up and walk around town with it (although that is legal in Idaho and soon we won't even need a permit to carry concealed).

And what fun to have a bunch of drunks at a bar, sporting event, concert or college kegger all loaded for bear right?

Wrong - what stupidity.

Finally yes, basic training and universal BG checks seem like a no brainer. Otherwise, it's a bit like giving someone a driver's license without requiring proof that they took the appropriate training and can drive.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

Is it better to have an argument between two unarmed people or one in which one or both are armed? That answer seems pretty simple to me.

I own a gun for home protection. I don't strap up and walk around town with it (although that is legal in Idaho and soon we won't even need a permit to carry concealed).

And what fun to have a bunch of drunks at a bar, sporting event, concert or college kegger all loaded for bear right?

Wrong - what stupidity.

Finally yes, basic training and universal BG checks seem like a no brainer. Otherwise, it's a bit like giving someone a driver's license without requiring proof that they took the appropriate training and can drive.
Let's cut the bull shit YOU'RE A LIAR.

TheResister

Council Member
If my owning a firearm makes you feel unsafe; if it offends you; if it bothers you then I promise never to offend you by using it to defend your Life or Liberty in an extreme situation.

Maybe you had better get the same promise from your LEOs in your area. As a group, they shoot a LOT of innocent people.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"

I own a handgun for home protection and occasional plinking at the range. I don't strap up and walk around town with it (although that is legal in Idaho and soon we won't even need a permit to carry concealed).

Wrong - what stupidity.

if you wish to reduce the number of gun deaths, then one only needs look to the ones committing the majority of those offenses...eliminate the offender, you eliminate that offenders chance to offend again....

what a novel idea...

Bo-4

Senator
I stopped at the first lie and didn't read any further.
More guns more deaths.
Well, then i'm sure you're smarter than the researchers at Harvard:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/firearms-research/guns-and-death/

Or these folks:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/oct/06/barack-obama/obama-more-gun-laws-means-fewer-gun-deaths/

You'd probably think 'more guns = more crime" was a lie too:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/11/14/more-guns-more-crime-new-research-debunks-a-central-thesis-of-the-gun-rights-movement/

Need more?

http://www.livescience.com/39813-gun-ownership-increases-firearms-deaths.html

Look, even if you take suicide (possibly preventable were there fewer guns) out of the mix - the statement is true.

Bo-4

Senator
if you wish to reduce the number of gun deaths, then one only needs look to the ones committing the majority of those offenses...eliminate the offender, you eliminate that offenders chance to offend again....

what a novel idea...
An intelligent response and legitimate argument - thank you for that.

Still doesn't disprove the research and numbers provided by folks other than the NRA.

Even if you are ONLY talking about crime (offenses)? Still questionable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/11/14/more-guns-more-crime-new-research-debunks-a-central-thesis-of-the-gun-rights-movement/

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Harvard bull shit has been debunked
obama's a lying sack of shit without a clue
People committing suicide will do it with or without a gun.,
Got to go walk armed be back soon to trash the rest of your lies.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
An intelligent response and legitimate argument - thank you for that.

Still doesn't disprove the research and numbers provided by folks other than the NRA.

Even if you are ONLY talking about crime (offenses)? Still questionable.

do we want to do "dualing links"?

you got links, i got links, all gods children got links...

google "is it true more guns equal a safer society"
then
google "is it true fewer guns equal a safer society".

see the problem?

Bo-4

Senator
do we want to do "dualing links"?

you got links, i got links, all gods children got links...

google "is it true more guns equal a safer society"
then
google "is it true fewer guns equal a safer society".

see the problem?
Lol, yep .. "dueling links" on these boards has been a problem since the Internets.

Gunners insist that NRA and similar links and research is 100% legit.

I'll go with the links as provided to Sheepdog earlier. Unlike the NRA, those don't have much of an axe to grind.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Lol, yep .. "dueling links" on these boards has been a problem since the Internets.

Gunners insist that NRA and similar links and research is 100% legit.

I'll go with the links as provided to Sheepdog earlier. Unlike the NRA, those don't have much of an axe to grind.

somewhere in either or both of my suggested searches you will find millions of links to both support and debunk both....

both contain govt. supplied stats. etc...DOJ/FBI/CDC [yes, the center for disease control tracks gun injuries/deaths]...

and you can find one or a hundred thousand from either point of view...

you believe yours, i'll believe mine, and others wont believe any....

its all perception....

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Amazing libs say repubs campaign on FEAR and here you are saying your're "afraid" LMAO

Piglary is scared of Guns also........unless they protecting her lard ass

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Wrong - what stupidity.

So why are Gun deaths DOWM by 49% since 1993?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/03/weve-had-a-massive-decline-in-gun-violence-in-the-united-states-heres-why/

Θ best Gun salesman to ever set in white house and there are more, many more guns today and it appears you libs have it ass backwards.