• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Am I a sock puppet? How would I know if I was? what is a sock puppet anyway

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
I am not a sock, and I am not a puppet, but before I can say that I am not a sock puppet, I need to know what a sock puppet is, and is this bad? I was accused of being a sock puppet because I told a Hillary supporter that they said that Trump would never win. Every Hillary supporter said that, but these people are far too dumb to know this.

anyway does this make me a sock puppet?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I am not a sock, and I am not a puppet, but before I can say that I am not a sock puppet, I need to know what a sock puppet is, and is this bad? I was accused of being a sock puppet because I told a Hillary supporter that they said that Trump would never win. Every Hillary supporter said that, but these people are far too dumb to know this.

Sock puppet is a term used loosely here. When used accurately, it refers to multiple iterations of the same poster publishing content under varying names. However, sock puppet is also used in reference to former posters who left for a period and then return under a different moniker.

Either way, this forum is chock full of morons, shut ins, losers, and mentally ill folks (whether due to geezerly dementia or good old fashioned retardation). It's best just to figure out who is worthwhile and either bail on...or torment the rest.
:)

Jen

Senator

If you have posted in this forum or in other forums under a different name than @Winston and if some people here know you by that other name and you are keeping it a secret, then yes...............you are a "sock puppet".

A sock puppet is someone who posts either simultaneously, or nearly so by more than one name and pretends he/she hasn't done that.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Sock puppet is a term used loosely here. When used accurately, it refers to multiple iterations of the same poster publishing content under varying names. However, sock puppet is also used in reference to former posters who left for a period and then return under a different moniker.

Either way, this forum is chock full of morons, shut ins, losers, and mentally ill folks (whether due to geezerly dementia or good old fashioned retardation). It's best just to figure out who is worthwhile and either bail on...or torment the rest.
:)
Well then I am not a sock puppet, however I am a moron to anyone who voted for Hillary and both myself and Alveda King are quite proud of this.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
If you have posted in this forum or in other forums under a different name than @Winston and if some people here know you by that other name and you are keeping it a secret, then yes...............you are a "sock puppet".

A sock puppet is someone who posts either simultaneously, or nearly so by more than one name and pretends he/she hasn't done that.
I have posted under many different names in many forums. Does this mean that I am a sock puppet if someone conversed with me in a different forum under a different name?

Most people remember me, not by name, but because I have never lost an argument in 20 years. The trick is not to know it all, but to be more intelligent than any of the morbid morons who voted for Hillary, which is rather easy actually

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have posted under many different names in many forums. Does this mean that I am a sock puppet if someone conversed with me in a different forum under a different name?

Most people remember me, not by name, but because I have never lost an argument in 20 years. The trick is not to know it all, but to be more intelligent than any of the morbid morons who voted for Hillary, which is rather easy actually
Neither has anyone else here. Welcome to the land of disbelief

Jen

Senator

It depends.
If you were ever a prominent member of a forum under another name, or if you moderated a forum under another name.................and you are not divulging that information right off the bat........... you are, indeed, a sock puppet.

At one time a number of years ago (at least 6 years now) I got tired of the name "Jen" and posted on another forum under the name "Genevieve" for a while. It turned out that a lot of people I know showed up there and I realized I was a sock puppet. So I petitioned the owners to have my name changed to "Jen". They agreed to it as long as I had the banner under my name for a month or so saying "aka Genevieve" so as not to confuse people. I agreed and that banner is still there.

It's a matter of honesty. An honest poster might not divulge every single moniker that doesn't matter, but an honest poster will divulge any that are important.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
It depends.
If you were ever a prominent member of a forum under another name, or if you moderated a forum under another name.................and you are not divulging that information right off the bat........... you are, indeed, a sock puppet.

At one time a number of years ago (at least 6 years now) I got tired of the name "Jen" and posted on another forum under the name "Genevieve" for a while. It turned out that a lot of people I know showed up there and I realized I was a sock puppet. So I petitioned the owners to have my name changed to "Jen". They agreed to it as long as I had the banner under my name for a month or so saying "aka Genevieve" so as not to confuse people. I agreed and that banner is still there.

It's a matter of honesty. An honest poster might not divulge every single moniker that doesn't matter, but an honest poster will divulge any that are important.
What if I used another name, say Rubineski or Palinskidrome

So if I change my name to Hot Boondoggie this would make me less honest, how?

Jen

Senator
What if I used another name, say Rubineski or Palinskidrome

So if I change my name to Hot Boondoggie this would make me less honest, how?
I explained that in my post. Let me dumb it down a bit for you since you didn't understand.

If you were a prolific poster that some people here know from another board or this board as "Rubineski" and now you are posting as Hot Boondoggie with posters who knew you as Rubineski and you aren't divulging that then, you are NOT honest.

You know the answer to that. You know whether or not you have posted with some of the posters here or not.

I don't see how pretending you don't understand exactly what I am saying helps you appear more honest. It does not.

It doesn't matter "HOW" it makes you less than honest. It DOES. That's enough.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
I explained that in my post. Let me dumb it down a bit for you since you didn't understand.

If you were a prolific poster that some people here know from another board or this board as "Rubineski" and now you are posting as Hot Boondoggie with posters who knew you as Rubineski and you aren't divulging that then, you are NOT honest.

You know the answer to that. You know whether or not you have posted with some of the posters here or not.

I don't see how pretending you don't understand exactly what I am saying helps you appear more honest. It does not.

It doesn't matter "HOW" it makes you less than honest. It DOES. That's enough.
How is a person changing their name not honest?

Do you know what the word honesty means?

Seems not

Jen

Senator

Seems not
Seems to me you don't know what honesty means.
Did I say that changing your name isn't honest? Nope. I did not.
You said I said it.............and by saying I said something I didn't say..........you are being dishonest.

But that's okay. Your way of posting has given me a good idea of some of the monikers you have used in the past, and before you ask what they are..............don't. I think I'll just keep that to myself. ;)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Seems not
Why the need to change nic unless to hide who one was in another fray

I've been DAWG since 2003 regardless of which fray I was posting in......

many here changed nic's from BB so other wouldn't know who they were, but, it's so easy to figure out whom is whom after several post.......pattern doesn't change or hidden for long......what's to be scared of?

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Seems to me you don't know what honesty means.
Did I say that changing your name isn't honest? Nope. I did not.
You said I said it.............and by saying I said something I didn't say..........you are being dishonest.

But that's okay. Your way of posting has given me a good idea of some of the monikers you have used in the past, and before you ask what they are..............don't. I think I'll just keep that to myself. ;)
You most certainly did say that changing names was not honest

You said

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Why the need to change nic unless to hide who one was in another fray

I've been DAWG since 2003 regardless of which fray I was posting in......

many here changed nic's from BB so other wouldn't know who they were, but, it's so easy to figure out whom is whom after several post.......pattern doesn't change or hidden for long......what's to be scared of?
I have been using Winston since I came here, but people are calling me a sock puppet for some reason.................dunno why, ask them

Jen

Senator
You most certainly did say that changing names was not honest

You said
Ohhhhh Sweety.
Your reading skill needs help.
It was an If/ then statement and ..............oopsy
...............somehow you missed that.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I have been using Winston since I came here, but people are calling me a sock puppet for some reason.................dunno why, ask them
Should I slow down what I posted so you can understand............

(1) why use a different name over yonder
(2) and a different one here

*I don't really care who you were or are

Jen

Senator
You're the one who brought it up in this OP.
Why do you think anyone might think it?

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Ohhhhh Sweety.
Your reading skill needs help.
It was an If/ then statement and ..............oopsy
...............somehow you missed that.
The if means nothing..

So what IF I was a prolific poster then changed my name. How am I lying.......