• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ambassador Stevens' sister blames Congress budget cuts for Benghazi tragedy

Bugsy McGurk

President
This is the kind of thing the GOP wackjobs in Congress would look at if they wished to serve a useful purpose.

Amb. Stevens' sister does not blame Hillary for her brother's death. She puts blame where it belongs - the congressional failure to fully fund the State Department security budget.

Needless to say, the GOP hacks in Congress have no interest in publicizing that GOP blunder.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/stevens-family-clinton-benghazi-interview/index.html

S

Sickofleft

What a wonderfully pathetic attempt at distraction.

She should be angry about the indecisiveness of this Administration when the attack was going on. According to the report they seemed more interested in how it was gong to effect them politically then helping people that were under attack.

She should also be upset that they peddled a false narrative about a video.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

She should be angry about the indecisiveness of this Administration when the attack was going on. According to the report they seemed more interested in how it was gong to effect them politically then helping people that were under attack.

I adore folks that tell others how they "should" feel.

wow - the don't blame Hillary's state department for embroiling ambassador stephens in clandestine/illegal CIA operation to supply weapons to Libyan extremists through the bengazhi safe house?

how uninformed.

ambassadors aren't supposed to be turned into CIA gun runners and errand boys.

Bugsy McGurk

President

You repeat the long ago debunked GOP Benghazi lies and slime Stevens's sister. And not a peep about the issue she raises.

Disgraceful.

S

Sickofleft

Why do you attack Stevens' sister?

What exactly do you hope to gain by such an attack?
Are you crying?

Nobody is attacking Stevens sister but when Democrats start taking her words and using them in obvious attempt to deflect criticism from an Administration. that not only messed this up but lied about why it occurred.............people will have questions.

Chris Stevens was killed in a organized terrorist attack not because people were mad about a video on the internet. During this attack the Administration seemed more concerned about political implications of the attack then getting help to the people in Benghazi and then lied repeatedly about the cause of the attack.

Which had NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with "budget cuts".

Bugsy McGurk

President
wow - the don't blame Hillary's state department for embroiling ambassador stephens in clandestine/illegal CIA operation to supply weapons to Libyan extremists through the bengazhi safe house?

how uninformed.

ambassadors aren't supposed to be turned into CIA gun runners and errand boys.
The GOP Benghazi weapons lie. You're getting desperate.

And not a peep about the issue she raises. Pure hackery.

S

Sickofleft

You repeat the long ago debunked GOP Benghazi lies and slime Stevens's sister. And not a peep about the issue she raises.

Disgraceful.
Fvck you.

What's disgraceful is you using Stevens sister in attempt to cover this Administrations ass.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Are you crying?

Nobody is attacking Stevens sister but when Democrats start taking her words and using them in obvious attempt to deflect criticism from an Administration. that not only messed this up but lied about why it occurred.............people will have questions.

Chris Stevens was killed in a organized terrorist attack not because people were mad about a video on the internet. During this attack the Administration seemed more concerned about political implications of the attack then getting help to the people in Benghazi and then lied repeatedly about the cause of the attack.

Which had NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with "budget cuts".
No...I'm asking you a question. You know...because we're on a discussion forum. You're attacking a woman whose brother died in the attack because she doesn't blame the same folks you do.

Nothing? How can you be so sure?

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/250237-gop-embassy-security-cuts-draw-democrats-scrutiny

Are you crying? Sure seems like it.

S

Sickofleft

Stop whining. And address her point if you can stop whining.
I am not the one whining, you have been pissing and moaning since that report came out.

I have addressed her point. It wasn't budget cuts that caused the Administration to blame the attacks on a video and it wasn't budget cuts that led to the indecision of the Administration when it came to sending help.

connieb

Senator
This is the kind of thing the GOP wackjobs in Congress would look at if they wished to serve a useful purpose.

Amb. Stevens' sister does not blame Hillary for her brother's death. She puts blame where it belongs - the congressional failure to fully fund the State Department security budget.

Needless to say, the GOP hacks in Congress have no interest in publicizing that GOP blunder.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/stevens-family-clinton-benghazi-interview/index.html
Pretty stupid. If there were budget shortfalls, then the person in charge of allocating the available funds should hav emade the necessary cuts to the non- essential services, to provide anything forward activities needed. And, if they could not do that, then to call back those people out of a concern for their safety that they could inadequately provide for.

Only a idiot puts people in a position then doesn't provide them the adequate resources to take care of themselves. Well... wait.. that explains things then.....

write on

Senator
Pretty stupid. If there were budget shortfalls, then the person in charge of allocating the available funds should hav emade the necessary cuts to the non- essential services, to provide anything forward activities needed. And, if they could not do that, then to call back those people out of a concern for their safety that they could inadequately provide for.

Only a idiot puts people in a position then doesn't provide them the adequate resources to take care of themselves. Well... wait.. that explains things then.....
Did you read her statment?

"It is clear, in hindsight, that the facility was not sufficiently protected by the State Department and the Defense Department. But what was the underlying cause? Perhaps if Congress had provided a budget to increase security for all missions around the world, then some of the requests for more security in Libya would have been granted. Certainly the State Department is underbudgeted.

I do not blame Hillary Clinton or [former CIA Director] Leon Panetta. They were balancing security efforts at embassies and missions around the world. And their staffs were doing their best to provide what they could with the resources they had. The Benghazi Mission was understaffed. We know that now. But, again, Chris knew that. It wasn’t a secret to him. He decided to take the risk to go there. It is not something they did to him. It is something he took on himself."

connieb

Senator
Did you read her statment?

"It is clear, in hindsight, that the facility was not sufficiently protected by the State Department and the Defense Department. But what was the underlying cause? Perhaps if Congress had provided a budget to increase security for all missions around the world, then some of the requests for more security in Libya would have been granted. Certainly the State Department is underbudgeted.

I do not blame Hillary Clinton or [former CIA Director] Leon Panetta. They were balancing security efforts at embassies and missions around the world. And their staffs were doing their best to provide what they could with the resources they had. The Benghazi Mission was understaffed. We know that now. But, again, Chris knew that. It wasn’t a secret to him. He decided to take the risk to go there. It is not something they did to him. It is something he took on himself."
The underlying cause has nothing to do with the budget around the world. It has to do with a bad allocation of that budget. Period. If the budget around the world is insufficient no matter what manuevering can be made, then it was the bad decisions of those people in charge to leave a facility open that are the cause. She has no idea whether the state department as a whole is "underbudgeted" only that budget cuts were made. Cuts in services, staff and other things - should have been done to offset that.

There is not an endless supply of money. The budget is what it is. I don't get to go to my boss and tell him I want a raise every time something new that I want to do comes up, and the same with Gov't. FAiling to adequately plan and organize their resources and prioritize falls on those who have the funds to manage.

write on

Senator
The underlying cause has nothing to do with the budget around the world. It has to do with a bad allocation of that budget. Period. If the budget around the world is insufficient no matter what manuevering can be made, then it was the bad decisions of those people in charge to leave a facility open that are the cause. She has no idea whether the state department as a whole is "underbudgeted" only that budget cuts were made. Cuts in services, staff and other things - should have been done to offset that.

There is not an endless supply of money. The budget is what it is. I don't get to go to my boss and tell him I want a raise every time something new that I want to do comes up, and the same with Gov't. FAiling to adequately plan and organize their resources and prioritize falls on those who have the funds to manage.
Of course.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Lukey but with a caveat.

How much of our budget is spent on defense better protecting our embassies?