• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

America has more guns, fewer gun owners

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
There are nearly twice as many guns in the average gun-owning household today as there were 20 years ago, according to new Wonkblog estimates based data from surveys and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. In 2013, there were an estimated 8.1 firearms in the typical gun-owning household, according to these data. In 1994, the average gun-owning household owned 4.2 guns.

While the number of guns in the country is at an all-time high, the number of gun owners is down.

The number of Americans who live in a household with at least one gun is lower than it's ever been, according to a major American trend survey that finds the decline in gun ownership is paralleled by a reduction in the number of Americans who hunt.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/21/the-average-gun-owner-now-owns-8-guns-double-what-it-used-to-be/

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gun-ownership-declining-general-social-survey-shows-n320666

so what's up with those who are stocking up on guns?

We is planning fer the END-TIMES, Julie, when that crazy Barack HUSSEIN Obama feller gonna come and try and TAKE are guns! Ain't gonna happen! It;ll be Armageddon all over again! The Apockalipse! I gots all my guns stocked up and loadede in my bunker, along with plenty o' canned food and gold and extra ammo and alla my Paris Hilton p0rno videos! I'm READY!! You just TRY it, Mr. Obama sir!! HA!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
We is planning fer the END-TIMES, Julie, when that crazy Barack HUSSEIN Obama feller gonna come and try and TAKE are guns! Ain't gonna happen! It;ll be Armageddon all over again! The Apockalipse! I gots all my guns stocked up and loadede in my bunker, along with plenty o' canned food and gold and extra ammo and alla my Paris Hilton p0rno videos! I'm READY!! You just TRY it, Mr. Obama sir!! HA!
you got that right. it's the paranoids stockpiling guns.

There are nearly twice as many guns in the average gun-owning household today as there were 20 years ago, according to new Wonkblog estimates based data from surveys and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. In 2013, there were an estimated 8.1 firearms in the typical gun-owning household, according to these data. In 1994, the average gun-owning household owned 4.2 guns.

While the number of guns in the country is at an all-time high, the number of gun owners is down.

The number of Americans who live in a household with at least one gun is lower than it's ever been, according to a major American trend survey that finds the decline in gun ownership is paralleled by a reduction in the number of Americans who hunt.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/21/the-average-gun-owner-now-owns-8-guns-double-what-it-used-to-be/

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gun-ownership-declining-general-social-survey-shows-n320666

Gun ownership has gone up among the people I know. They didn't have a gun and now they have a gun.

D

Deleted member 21794

you got that right. it's the paranoids stockpiling guns.
Good thing this lady is "paranoid":

Homeowner shoots and kills alleged intruder

By Michelle Rotuno-Johnson Published: September 1, 2015, 11:23 am Updated: September 1, 2015, 10:18 pm

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Police say a man is dead after he tried to break into a home and the homeowner shot him.

William Evans IV

William Evans IV 23, is the man who died in this shooting, on South Hampton Road on the northeast side. The homeowner allegedly called 911 to report she shot and killed Evans. Police are questioning her.

Police are looking for a gold or light-colored SUV with two black males inside in connection with the crime.

http://nbc4i.com/2015/09/01/police-homeowner-says-she-shot-person-knocking-at-her-door/

It's still none of your business. Why do you leftists want to stick your noses into everyone's affairs?
Hey, why does Chris Christie want to harness the awesome power of the federal government to go after pot smokers in those states that have seen fit to legalize marijuana?

Isn't that an example of "sticking his nose into everyone's affairs"???

D

Deleted member 21794

Hey, why does Chris Christie want to harness the awesome power of the federal government to go after pot smokers in those states that have seen fit to legalize marijuana?

Yes it certainly is.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member

Yes it is. He should butt out.