• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

American jobs

S

squareshot

Well they finally did it. The Japanese came first and took American car designs which they spent not one yen on. And we said that's fine. They won't ever be able to compete with the mighty American car industry. Then they used the yen they had saved to not only improve on our cars, but get more creative on financing. In general they used our tactics and engineering with their cheap labor to kick our butts. Then the Germans were able to convince us that if we bought one of their tiny little cars, we would not hurt our economy any more. And we bought it all. The Koreans saw an opening in all this confusion and started to ship everything they could build into the good old U.SA. Now China is supplying the final death blow to our economy. And now we have Detroit and a big chunk of our auto industry gone for as long as we can see into the future. Does anyone see a pattern here. And other industries have gone the way of the do-do bird in the U.S.A. I don't know if it scares anyone else, but it scares the hell out of me.

fairsheet

Senator
I see a pattern of GM, Ford, and Chrysler posting sales increases that outpace most all of their competitors, except for a few niche-sters.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Truth be told, American car manufacturers learned a lot from the Japanese. They're building better cars now, and they are selling quite well. Sorry to rain on your pity parade.

MaryAnne

Governor
Truth be told, American car manufacturers learned a lot from the Japanese. They're building better cars now, and they are selling quite well. Sorry to rain on your pity parade.

So,why are Japanese cars recalling so many now?

GM got rid of the dead head management that would not allow Engineers to do their job.Now,they are listening to the Engineers.it has nothing to do with learning from the Japanese.

MaryAnne

Governor
Well they finally did it. The Japanese came first and took American car designs which they spent not one yen on. And we said that's fine. They won't ever be able to compete with the mighty American car industry. Then they used the yen they had saved to not only improve on our cars, but get more creative on financing. In general they used our tactics and engineering with their cheap labor to kick our butts. Then the Germans were able to convince us that if we bought one of their tiny little cars, we would not hurt our economy any more. And we bought it all. The Koreans saw an opening in all this confusion and started to ship everything they could build into the good old U.SA. Now China is supplying the final death blow to our economy. And now we have Detroit and a big chunk of our auto industry gone for as long as we can see into the future. Does anyone see a pattern here. And other industries have gone the way of the do-do bird in the U.S.A. I don't know if it scares anyone else, but it scares the hell out of me.

S

squareshot

Hi Fairsheet: I am apparently wrong in my thoughts on how we are doing in the world. Maybe Detroit will regain their dominance in the automotive industry. If we are as well off as you say, I hope we have a bright future.

S

squareshot

Hi Night Swimmer: I guess I opened mouth and inserted foot. I see that Detroit was in trouble and thought that it corresponded to the auto industry, my bad.

S

squareshot

Hi Old Gaffer: You say we sold our allotment of these babies. Do you own or work for a dealership. Do you feel we are as well off as the other respondents seem to think we are.

S

squareshot

Hi Mary Anne: I have been gone a while and I'm glad you are still on Political Jack. I am glad that Ohio auto workers are doing so well. Do you know what happened to Detroit. They don't seem to be doing so well. Maybe I am misinformed on this point as well.

NightSwimmer

Senator
So,why are Japanese cars recalling so many now?

GM got rid of the dead head management that would not allow Engineers to do their job.Now,they are listening to the Engineers.it has nothing to do with learning from the Japanese.
It's big news when Japanese automobile brands face a recall. You know why? Because they have long had such a good reputation for engineering and build excellence. What American auto manufacturers have learned from the Japanese is a long story that I don't really have time to go into in detail. You should do some research on your own if you're really interested. If not -- it doesn't really matter to me. I have no personal interest in this subject. I'm merely more aware of the history than some might be for a variety of reasons.

MaryAnne

Governor
Hi Mary Anne: I have been gone a while and I'm glad you are still on Political Jack. I am glad that Ohio auto workers are doing so well. Do you know what happened to Detroit. They don't seem to be doing so well. Maybe I am misinformed on this point as well.
Good .to see you posting again.

Detroit is not my expertise, but Wahbooz and El (Gringo can tell you more.

Dayton went through some of what Detroit did,but we have a wealth of Skilled Trades here.

We are taking advantage of a huge sea change that concentrates companies,Trade Schools and Colleges.

GE has connected with the University of Dayton,building right on Campus. Caterpillar built a huge new plant just a few blocks from me,across from the Vocational School.

Machine shops are opening all over.

My Son is an Engineer for an Auto Parts factory. He has worked 6 and 7 days a week for the last 3 years.

The Auto companies went through a transition period, and are now trying to keep up.New Management is making the difference. Things are not all roses,but the change since 5 years ago is amazing.

But again,welcome back:)

Last edited:

MaryAnne

Governor
It's big news when Japanese automobile brands face a recall. You know why? Because they have long had such a good reputation for engineering and build excellence. What American auto manufacturers have learned from the Japanese is a long story that I don't really have time to go into in detail. You should do some research on your own if you're really interested. If not -- it doesn't really matter to me. I have no personal interest in this subject. I'm merely more aware of the history than some might be for a variety of reasons.
Night,are you channeling Jack? For heavens sake , the Auto Industry has been my source of income since I was married at one month short of 21. We are now long into the next generation.

I would think I know a little by this time. Another poster told you what the Japanese companies did with tax breaks,and our Governments blessing.

S

squareshot

Good .to see you posting again.

Detroit is not my expertise, buy Wahbooz and El (Gringo can tell you more.

Dayton went through some of what Detroit did,but we have a wealth of Skilled Trades here.

We are taking advantage of a huge sea change that concentrates companies,Trade Schools and Colleges.

GE has connected with the University of Dayton,building right on Campus. Caterpillar built a huge new plant just a few blocks from me,across from the Vocational School.

Machine shops are opening all over.

My Son is an Engineer for an Auto Parts factory. He has worked 6 and 7 days a week for the last 3 years.

The Auto companies went through a transition period, and are now trying to keep up.New Management is making the difference. Things are not all roses,but the change since 5 years ago is amazing.

But again,welcome back:)
Thank you for the informed knowledge that you have provided. I will try to learn more before I open my keyboard again. I appreciate the time you took to respond. Too bad we didn't have that new management in the aircraft industry. GOOD LUCK to you and your son, thanks again.