• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

American jobs

MaryAnne

Governor
OG, You have truly been thru the wringer but sounds like you have survived it all and ended up with the best job of your life. Congratulations, you are most fortunate in being talented in all the right places.

That he is Squareshot! The good ones usually come out on top!

S

squareshot

WOW! I had no idea the way the companies were being run into the dirt by management. But when Mr. Iacocca came he turned it around for the whole auto industry. Some where along the way some great managers came along and yanked these companies back on course. For you guys I know you should be American proud for your contributions to bringing the auto industry from bankruptcy to leading manufactures in the world. Amazing, just amazing.
On the hating of Japanese,you just had to be there. We rebuilt the country,as we did Europe.
You are not old enough to remember that.

We are doing the same thing now by destroying,then rebuilding in the Middle East while our own country falls apart! We are America. The middle east is upset with our
treatment of their religions. The middle east countries need to remember that the deity that we call God, is the same deity that they call Allah. We don't disrespect your God, that we don't disrespect our own God. Our unknowing of your customs make us do some foolish things from time to time. but I don't know one true American that would cause any disrespect to your religion. May God/Allah bless us all,
The succeeding generations of Japanese are not the WW2 generation.

S

squareshot

We are America. The middle east is upset with our
treatment of their religions. The middle east countries need to remember that the deity that we call God, is the same deity that they call Allah. We don't disrespect your God, that we don't disrespect our own God. Our unknowing of your customs make us do some foolish things from time to time. but I don't know one true American that would cause any disrespect to your religion. May God/Allah bless us all,

NightSwimmer

Senator
So,you are old enough to remember WW2?
Only the aftermath. For the rest of it, I have to depend upon what I have read, or been told by friends and relatives who did experience the war. What exactly does this have to do with automobile manufacturing or with the contribution of the Japanese people to the enhancement of automobile manufacturing?

OldGaffer

Governor
Practically all of Japans industry was destroyed in the war, MAcArthur rebuilt the Japanese auto industry from scratch, consequently, the Japanese were using much more modern plants, and equipment, than most of the US plants, many of which were built in the 1920's. I remember a comparison between the Honda plant in Ohio and the Jeep plant in the same state, Honda was building almost twice as many vehicles with just a little over half the workers. At one point in the Jeep assembly line, the unfinished chassis had to be hand dragged across an alley into another building and put on a second line, 40 guys were doing nothing all day but dragging chassis.Also the Honda went on the assembly line with only one or two options from standard, the Jeep had every single item lined in as an option(we finally did away with that bullshit in the late 80's) You could order a Jeep with power windows and no power steering etc, a nightmare.

MaryAnne

Governor
WOW! I had no idea the way the companies were being run into the dirt by management. But when Mr. Iacocca came he turned it around for the whole auto industry. Some where along the way some great managers came along and yanked these companies back on course. For you guys I know you should be American proud for your contributions to bringing the auto industry from bankruptcy to leading manufactures in the world. Amazing, just amazing.

Iacocco only turned Chrysler around,then management sold Chysler to Daimler. Iacocco offered to come back,but management would not let him. Bob Eaton made millions off the sale.

The reason I am so familiar with this is Because my Son went to work there,and many in the plant considered him one of Iacocco's brilliant young men.