• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Americans are pretty liberal

Jen

Senator
Not surprising for the most part (and I choose not to debate your link here).
What is sad is that those who call themselves "Liberal" are intolerant of anyone who doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

I am in that "support" group for some on that list, but because I am not in support of everything on that list, I am called out in hateful manner by Liberals. Due to that intolerance, even if I supported everything on that list, I would be insulted if anyone said I was a Liberal.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Not surprising for the most part (and I choose not to debate your link here).
What is sad is that those who call themselves "Liberal" are intolerant of anyone who doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

I am in that "support" group for some on that list, but because I am not in support of everything on that list, I am called out in hateful manner by Liberals. Due to that intolerance, even if I supported everything on that list, I would be insulted if anyone said I was a Liberal.
I'm proud to be a liberal......and you can call me a liberal any time you wish.

once i saw the source - that left wing "Salon" had picked results from polls it agreed with, i knew these results were completely bogus.

here's evidence: http://www.gallup.com/poll/167843/climate-change-not-top-worry.aspx

gallop pollsters - the "gold standard" for objectivity - found recently that only 24% of americans consider climate change is a serious problem - about 1/3 of what Salon found.

your entire poll and post is completely discredited.

this wasn't even a very good effort. you're simply doing what the far right does - finding the most extreme source to support your preconceptions, and throwing any pretense of honesty out the window.

a pox on your posts.

UPNYA2

Mayor
I'm proud to be a liberal......and you can call me a liberal any time you wish.

Well hells bells sweetie, what with you being a poster child model of the way a "liberal" can be defined as one who understands that there is literally NO END to the di m "victimhood" voter base they could purchase by confiscating more and more of the monies of OTHER FOLKS, you may as well welcome the label.........

No way in the world you could argue about it, right?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
once i saw the source - that left wing "Salon" had picked results from polls it agreed with, i knew these results were completely bogus.

here's evidence: http://www.gallup.com/poll/167843/climate-change-not-top-worry.aspx

gallop pollsters - the "gold standard" for objectivity - found recently that only 24% of americans consider climate change is a serious problem - about 1/3 of what Salon found.

your entire poll and post is completely discredited.

this wasn't even a very good effort. you're simply doing what the far right does - finding the most extreme source to support your preconceptions, and throwing any pretense of honesty out the window.

a pox on your posts.
try pollingreport.com. they post all the major polls on all the topics. you'll find that the list from salon is on target.

I do have to laugh that you think you've deemed my top post bogus by referencing ONE item and tried to counter it with a Gallup poll that only asked if people rated climate change as a top worry.
I mean any idiot knows that people would cite the economy as the top worry. DUH!!

p.s. you posted lies in two separate paragraphs. that's an improvement from yesterday when it was much more. :)

fairsheet

Senator
Modern western democracy is liberal by definition. We're all liberals whether we choose to admit it or not. In the past, our Republican/Democratic tension was about a more or less conservative approach to that liberalism.

Alas, coincident with the advent of Fox television, all too many of us self-described liberals and conservatives alike, have developed a rather skewed perception of these two parallel American constructs.

fairsheet

Senator
try pollingreport.com. they post all the major polls on all the topics. you'll find that the list from salon is on target.

I do have to laugh that you think you've deemed my top post bogus by referencing ONE item and tried to counter it with a Gallup poll that only asked if people rated climate change as a top worry.
I mean any idiot knows that people would cite the economy as the top worry. DUH!!

p.s. you posted lies in two separate paragraphs. that's an improvement from yesterday when it was much more. :)
Just because I can, I'll highlight just one of her lies of yesterday. She suggested that high school dropout rates are skyrocketing, or soaring, or something like that. In fact, 2013 dropout rates actually hit a record low.

Arkady

President
Yet they seem to elect an awful lot of Republicans to Congress. Curious, that.
As you know, this isn't because Americans prefer Republican policies, but rather because of four pieces of "home field advantage" for the Republicans:

(1) Voter turnout tends to be higher among the wealthy and the old, and Republicans appeal to the wealthy and old. Partly this higher turnout is because the wealthy and old are more motivated (they have more at stake). Partly it's because they're less likely to be hit by voter suppression tactics (voter ID laws, which matter less to communities that already tend to have such ID, as well as long lines at urban polling places, laws blocking voting by those in jail and sometimes ex-cons, and also over-scrubbing of voter lists).

(2) The House was intentionally gerrymandered, to allow Republicans to win it despite getting hundreds of thousands fewer votes than the Dems.

(3) The Senate gives disproportionate representation to those in small states, and small states are disproportionately Republican.

(4) In most elections, Republicans have a spending advantage, and so they can buy high-priced propaganda to confuse the voters about the choice.

With those four factors, a center-left population can be made to produce center or center-right election results.

fairsheet

Senator
As you know, this isn't because Americans prefer Republican policies, but rather because of four pieces of "home field advantage" for the Republicans:

(1) Voter turnout tends to be higher among the wealthy and the old, and Republicans appeal to the wealthy and old. Partly this higher turnout is because the wealthy and old are more motivated (they have more at stake). Partly it's because they're less likely to be hit by voter suppression tactics (voter ID laws, which matter less to communities that already tend to have such ID, as well as long lines at urban polling places, laws blocking voting by those in jail and sometimes ex-cons, and also over-scrubbing of voter lists).

(2) The House was intentionally gerrymandered, to allow Republicans to win it despite getting hundreds of thousands fewer votes than the Dems.

(3) The Senate gives disproportionate representation to those in small states, and small states are disproportionately Republican.

(4) In most elections, Republicans have a spending advantage, and so they can buy high-priced propaganda to confuse the voters about the choice.

With those four factors, a center-left population can be made to produce center or center-right election results.

Fox/ODS explains a whole lot of it. As you well know Arkady, Obama isn't exactly a "lefty", nor are today's Democrats in general. Over the last 5+ years, both have said and done all manner of things that would've appealed to a "conservative" of no more than a decade ago.

Yet...today's Fox/GOPs hate on anything and everything the Obama/Dems do or say, regardless of what they do or say. They're no longer GOPs out of anything resembling principle. They're GOPs only because "ObamaDems-bad".

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Just because I can, I'll highlight just one of her lies of yesterday. She suggested that high school dropout rates are skyrocketing, or soaring, or something like that. In fact, 2013 dropout rates actually hit a record low.
you can point our her lies just as she can post the bullshit she WISHES were true. it does get tiresome though.