• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

America's largest car exporter (BMW) moving to China because of tariffs

Zam-Zam

Senator
Yes this has been discussed. Production that would have otherwise occurred here is being moved to China to avoid the impact of Trumps trade war. I guess that's one way to cut the imports of Chinese steel, eh ?

MAGA in ACTION !
I don't suppose you have any inclination to fix your subject line.

If being incorrect suits you just fine, it's okay by me.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I see you refuse to denounce GOP Nazism, or even apologize for it.

Thanks for proving me right.
The GOP does not practice Nazism. It is the Democrat Party that resorts to Nazi tactics. Watch the news, only Democrats are rioting in the streets, attacking innocent people for their political beliefs, shouting down and running members of the sitting administration out of public places and placing them in peril. Only the Nazis engaged in such behavior.

Spamature

President
The GOP does not practice Nazism. It is the Democrat Party that resorts to Nazi tactics. Watch the news, only Democrats are rioting in the streets, attacking innocent people for their political beliefs, shouting down and running members of the sitting administration out of public places and placing them in peril. Only the Nazis engaged in such behavior.
So you're speaking for the Republicans party. Would you like to apologize on behalf of the party for running a Nazi for congress ?

Here's your chance. Don't refuse it.

Sorry you take them as insults. I see them as observations. Despite the fact that the two factories ( or more ) will be on different soil they are still one company.

I work for a multinational....I think I'm probably a step up on you here.
You dont seem to understand how this works. Ergo the observations/insults.
I am fully aware of their facilities here
and why they feel the need to build elsewhere... It makes them stronger, not weaker.

I did mistakenly think that they were closing down here until I reread the piece.... No matter. It changes nothing.

The jobs you're talking about don't exist yet... Can't lose them because they're not and never will be here.

Ulitmately the company becomes more productive and that can only benefit what business they do here.

They're not building in China to escape a Tariff.... They're building there to cut the bottom line on labor even more. The Tariff excuse is red herring. I'll bet they're looking more at transport costs than Tariffs. Personally I think they, like my company are likely going to rue the day they set up shop there. Lots of nasty surprises.

In any case they headquarter in Munich I believe. So they owe us nothing to begin with. Like I said the Market share here is minimal.

I've been dealing with this for years.

Jo
I have an MBA. I am 100% certain I am have a step up on you and Trump's dumb@$$ on economics. Tariffs raise prices and cost jobs. This doesn't take a genius to figure out. Protectionism is a lose-lose proposition for all parties involved.