• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

An economic reminder. When Obama almost topped 5% GDP just 4yrs ago not a con said a word.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
An absurd lie. There was one stimulus under Obama in his first year, followed by relentless sabotage by the GOP when they took control of Congress in 2010. And even with that, we recovered from the epic GWB economic catastrophe and enjoyed record shattering streaks of jobs growth and economic growth.
Deficits are (by definition) "stimulus" (not to mention $3.7 trillion in Quantitative Easing that lasted up until late last year) - go read up on Keyne's theories.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Deficits are (by definition) "stimulus" (not to mention $3.7 trillion in Quantitative Easing that lasted up until late last year) - go read up on Keyne's theories.
More nonsense. Deficit spending is stimulative (or tax cuts to consumers who will spend it) if added to the deficits that existed. Obama reduced the deficit he inherited throughout his term, primarily through very low rates of growth, historically speaking, in discretionary federal spending.

Trump, on the other hand, is on pace to double the deficit level he inherited.

As always, you have things precisely backwards.

EatTheRich

President
The charts clearly show the up tic after Obama left office. Anyone suggesting it was due to anything but the end of the disastrous Obama economic agenda is being disingenuous.
Cherry-picked charts with data about marginal phenomena selected for their fit to the narrative and not for their relevance to people’s lives.

EatTheRich

President
And Obama cut the deficit by more than 2/3 while Trump increased it by 50% ... so whose economy got a boost from deficit spending and whose saw growth in the face of fiscally conservative policies?

EatTheRich

President
no the upturn did not start until 2016 after the election are you saying 1.6 is an upturn from 2.6?
I’m saying growth is growth. If you’re claiming growth is accelerating under Trump I think you’re deluded and most economists agree. Obama posted two years of growth in a row (2014 and 2015) that were each higher than the previous year. I sincerely doubt Trump will ever do that.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
I’m saying growth is growth. If you’re claiming growth is accelerating under Trump I think you’re deluded and most economists agree. Obama posted two years of growth in a row (2014 and 2015) that were each higher than the previous year. I sincerely doubt Trump will ever do that.
I know what you said. There was no upturn