• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

An Intricate, Detailed Analysis of Where I Stand on Minneapolis

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
They should just hand those cops over to the protestors and let them take a knee on those ass holes. It ain't just ONE police force that is the problem it is the culture of that whole organization.
Mob rule? I don't think so they broke the law and apparently murdered a man, they should be charged, tried, sentenced and either executed or imprisoned, they won't last a day in prison.
We are a nation of laws even if those cops didn't uphold their oaths and broke the laws they swore to enforce.

If "We" gave them to the mob we'd be no better than the mobs destroying that city.

Let's talk about the insinuations and charges that are being thrown around by media and leaders:

What's clear is that anyone and everyone in any position of leadership is in complete unity on this issue. The Feds are investigating, the DOJ is investigating, Police Chiefs and forces around the country are denouncing the action as horrendously wrong, Governors and politicians of both parties are condemning it. Whether one likes Donald Trump or not, he's leading the charge on an investigation. The entire system is against this immoral police officer. Thus, no part of the system is in support of it.

Like in any large institution, you're sadly going to have bad apples. In a country of 330,000,000 people, every day there will be hundreds of tragedies and lives lost. We as society have chosen to focus on one specific instance here and ignore others, and that's actually not necessarily a bad thing. We can't stop our society and demand everyone across a nation address every single life lost in horrible tragedies.

Being that the grand majority are united against this horrible officer, the question becomes...whether the guy did it for reasons of race or just was anti-humane as a whole (this isn't much known)... do we choose to apply the actions of this individual as a representation of not only the entire institution, but an entire race (white people) and an entire nation (The USA)? With all due respect, I would say that's an extreme leap of reason, an activist politicized narrative, and will actually promote more tragedies to happen. If we're going to declare that an entire race is literally being "hunted" (Lebron James quote), that they aren't safe, and that it's "open season" on black people (Minneapolis mayor quote)... despite the fact that thankfully so few of the 30,000,000+ are killed statistically, we're going to promote the distrust, fan the flames of a racial divide, and give plenty of reasons to burn down buildings, assault innocent police and medics who want to help those in need, steal and vandalize, etc.

If statistics prove that there is a major problem of white officers killing black civilians, I'd certainly take a flyer on it. However, even 2019 Harvard studies have said that's not true (and since there's such focus on the race of who says anything these days, it was a black man, Roland Fryer, who did the statistical analysis), so we'd have to also point the finger at hispanic, black, and other racial officers for such tragedies.

The fact that I don't apply what happened in this one occurrence to an epidemic hunting and targeting of an entire race by the police doesn't mean I'm insensitive to the individual, the tragedy, or support the actions whatsoever. I don't think that's a fair insinuation, and is combining 2 separate issues into one.

Peaceful protests are great no matter who is doing them, and Minnesota initially had one. However, that quickly descended into chaos. 5 people are dead from the riots, people's livelihoods who own properties and businesses are ruined. Had protests of the COVID 19 descended into this, I think there wouldn't be any compassion or understanding of their cause whatsoever (nor should there have been), yet many prominent figures, celebrities, etc. are not only accepting this particular violence, but actually promoting more of it.

All-in-all, nobody wanted this to happen, the grand majority denounce it, and branding or insinuating every officer in america as either racist or promoting racism while out hunting black people is dangerous in itself. It creates panic and hysteria that will spin out of control, as we have seen here. I think some of our leaders and media need to be far more responsible in their rhetoric and complexity of the issue. Simplifying things into bumper stickers usually isn't the way to go.

Statements and insinuations that a police officer brutally kneeing someone's neck and killing them is commonplace. It's not, regardless of race, and that's just statistics.
Good post. I'm sure lefty along with their take a knee at the national anthem crowd will disagree...

The fact that this happened so close in time to the man in Atlanta being killed and the perpetrators(one being ex-law enforcement) not being arrested until 2 months later probably didn't help.
True. These things are rare however if it bleeds it leads with the national media so it is put out as an everyday occurrence which it isn't. The rioting is still wrong no matter the crime. They have since arrested the cop, so if justice is what the rioters want then they should now stop. We'll wait and see if that happens.

EatTheRich

President
Let's talk about the insinuations and charges that are being thrown around by media and leaders:

What's clear is that anyone and everyone in any position of leadership is in complete unity on this issue. The Feds are investigating, the DOJ is investigating, Police Chiefs and forces around the country are denouncing the action as horrendously wrong, Governors and politicians of both parties are condemning it. Whether one likes Donald Trump or not, he's leading the charge on an investigation. The entire system is against this immoral police officer. Thus, no part of the system is in support of it.

Like in any large institution, you're sadly going to have bad apples. In a country of 330,000,000 people, every day there will be hundreds of tragedies and lives lost. We as society have chosen to focus on one specific instance here and ignore others, and that's actually not necessarily a bad thing. We can't stop our society and demand everyone across a nation address every single life lost in horrible tragedies.

Being that the grand majority are united against this horrible officer, the question becomes...whether the guy did it for reasons of race or just was anti-humane as a whole (this isn't much known)... do we choose to apply the actions of this individual as a representation of not only the entire institution, but an entire race (white people) and an entire nation (The USA)? With all due respect, I would say that's an extreme leap of reason, an activist politicized narrative, and will actually promote more tragedies to happen. If we're going to declare that an entire race is literally being "hunted" (Lebron James quote), that they aren't safe, and that it's "open season" on black people (Minneapolis mayor quote)... despite the fact that thankfully so few of the 30,000,000+ are killed statistically, we're going to promote the distrust, fan the flames of a racial divide, and give plenty of reasons to burn down buildings, assault innocent police and medics who want to help those in need, steal and vandalize, etc.

If statistics prove that there is a major problem of white officers killing black civilians, I'd certainly take a flyer on it. However, even 2019 Harvard studies have said that's not true (and since there's such focus on the race of who says anything these days, it was a black man, Roland Fryer, who did the statistical analysis), so we'd have to also point the finger at hispanic, black, and other racial officers for such tragedies.

The fact that I don't apply what happened in this one occurrence to an epidemic hunting and targeting of an entire race by the police doesn't mean I'm insensitive to the individual, the tragedy, or support the actions whatsoever. I don't think that's a fair insinuation, and is combining 2 separate issues into one.

Peaceful protests are great no matter who is doing them, and Minnesota initially had one. However, that quickly descended into chaos. 5 people are dead from the riots, people's livelihoods who own properties and businesses are ruined. Had protests of the COVID 19 descended into this, I think there wouldn't be any compassion or understanding of their cause whatsoever (nor should there have been), yet many prominent figures, celebrities, etc. are not only accepting this particular violence, but actually promoting more of it.

All-in-all, nobody wanted this to happen, the grand majority denounce it, and branding or insinuating every officer in america as either racist or promoting racism while out hunting black people is dangerous in itself. It creates panic and hysteria that will spin out of control, as we have seen here. I think some of our leaders and media need to be far more responsible in their rhetoric and complexity of the issue. Simplifying things into bumper stickers usually isn't the way to go.

Statements and insinuations that a police officer brutally kneeing someone's neck and killing them is commonplace. It's not, regardless of race, and that's just statistics.
Over 200 Black people are killed by cops (of one race or another, doesn’t matter because they are not “bad apples,” they are trained “public servants” performing their jobs exactly as intended) every year. You and Roland Fryer may not consider this a “major problem” (although I doubt that was really his conclusion). I and many others do.

The people in charge are condemning this and making a show of investigating because their cops’ business-as-usual was exposed and public anger was aroused. If they had not feared riots, there would never have been a hint of accountability, as demonstrated by the way police acted before the civil rights movement.

EatTheRich

President
The problem is that the statistics don’t back up the claim.

but, your desire for violent retribution on innocent individuals is noted, and not good.
There are two kinds of cops: cops that brutalize the innocent, and cops that cover for and facilitate the jobs of the first kind.

EatTheRich

President
True. These things are rare however if it bleeds it leads with the national media so it is put out as an everyday occurrence which it isn't. The rioting is still wrong no matter the crime. They have since arrested the cop, so if justice is what the rioters want then they should now stop. We'll wait and see if that happens.
They need to arrest, indict, and convict all 4 cops.

voyager

4Q2247365
so you make a claim, and you expect others to get data to disprove it?

LOL

You made the claim, it’s on you to back up your claim with data.
L O L

YOU were the one claiming all the studies supported you but you showed Nothing. You first ... and as I said I'm still not going to do a search to prove you wrong. Even if I did you and your kind would find Something to negate it. Arguing with the Right is a lose lose game. I make my statements and you all can take it or bitch.

EatTheRich

President
As opposed to how many interactions? And how often do cops interact with the public properly?
1. Looks like about 1 million per week ... meaning about 1 in 500,000 end with a civilian being killed.
2. Never. Murder by police is an extreme case on a continuum of inherently coercive and abusive actions.