• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

And so it came to pass that American dignity died

justoffal

Senator
No matter how much sense says otherwise the majority of the voters still vote for the main parties -
People get used to their home team. We are a very tribal Society whether or not we want to admit it. "My country right or wrong applies in the microcosm also.

It ceases to be about real issues.... it ceases to be about what is honestly the best way forward.... And it becomes all about winning. Winning at any cost.

Jo

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Unfortunately too many people prefer a dishonest illusion to the reality. When the truth is ugly only a lie can be beautiful.

Human nature is what it is; it doesn't change for people who take elected office.

The Democrats choose to see the flaws in human nature only when it suits them.

The forever struggling to find the moral High Ground where they have free from Blame and everyone else is to blame for everything.

Too bad for them such a place does not exist.

Jo
And the Republicans choose to see the flaws in human nature only when it suits them. How else could you and other Republicans continue to defend Trump?

justoffal

Senator
And the Republicans choose to see the flaws in human nature only when it suits them. How else could you and other Republicans continue to defend Trump?
This is where you and I differ.... I don't try to defend him. I don't see a need to defend him. Public office is a filthy Place full of treachery, dishonesty, perversion and the lowest forms of human nature. Trump fits well there.

I don't need to like him to see that he is a perfect fit for the job that he is now doing.

You see I don't waste my time trying to stand on that hill of self righteousness
Pretending that my choice is a perfect human being. Enough of that was done during the Obama Administration.

Jo

People get used to their home team. We are a very tribal Society whether or not we want to admit it. "My country right or wrong applies in the microcosm also.

It ceases to be about real issues.... it ceases to be about what is honestly the best way forward.... And it becomes all about winning. Winning at any cost.

Jo
By any means?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
This is where you and I differ.... I don't try to defend him. I don't see a need to defend him. Public office is a filthy Place full of treachery, dishonesty, perversion and the lowest forms of human nature. Trump fits well there.

I don't need to like him to see that he is a perfect fit for the job that he is now doing.

You see I don't waste my time trying to stand on that hill of self righteousness
Pretending that my choice is a perfect human being. Enough of that was done during the Obama Administration.

Jo
A "perfect fit". How so? He's a joke and he has made our country a laughing stock.

EatTheRich

President

Jo
A good excuse for choosing a filthy, treacherous, dishonest, perverted, horrible human being for that office.

BTW ... the Repblicans had the option of selecting any one of a dozen dignified, competent Republicans to run against Clinton ... but they preferred Trump.
All those that ran against Trump were statist, big government hacks, completely unwilling to shake up the status quo.

justoffal

Senator
Probably true...nothing to laugh about...he's a joke without a punchline.
If I had Mr druthers I would resurrect Frederick Douglass and lead a revolution to have him installed as POTUS for life.
Unfortunately we have to take what we get and be grown ups about it.

Jo