• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Another epic failure in gun control

middleview

President
Supporting Member
"it is a trivial matter to find a seller willing to sell a gun to someone without any check at all."
Demonstrate then..... find a strange guy who will sell you a gun without a referral by someone he knows and trusts, and without checking your ID.
Good luck.
I already did that a few years back. Bought a .45 colt revolver from a private seller.

trapdoor

Governor
Seems like a pretty stupid question. If an ex-felon can buy a gun anywhere (ie...no background checks at all). Would there be more or less crime?

If an ex-felon can only buy from a private seller or go out and steal one...then the pool of available guns to ex-felons is unimpeded. In states without a UBC, it is a trivial matter to find a seller willing to sell a gun to someone without any check at all.

If the pool of available guns for purchase by someone who cannot pass a background check is limited to just those sellers willing to break the law and some number of those guns are confiscated every year in criminal investigations...the pool gets smaller every year.
The answer to your question is "about the same." Background checks have never been shown to reduce crime.

The pool of available guns doesn't change so long as there is individual ownership. Individual guns are subject to theft. Criminals will use criminal means to acquire their weapons. The pool doesn't get smaller every year if people can go buy more guns.

Accuracy isn't your strength. So if I see an add in the local "Advertiser" and it turns out the seller lives close by...I can buy his gun in most states with no background check...

Dylan Klebold knew a guy and bought guns from him. They'd worked at the same Pizza place. The rest of the Columbine sales were done at the Tanner Gun show....no background check.

You refer to guns sales on the internet where shipping across state lines is involved....
Are you claiming Klebold wouldn't have passed a background check?

freyasman

Senator
Why? Is someone here talking about making those things easier to buy?
No, but someone here is talking as though making things harder to get for people who don't do crime, will somehow reduce the criminal activity of people who do.

(He's kind of a dumbfuck about this subject, but I'm trying to get him to see reality. ;))

C

Capitalist

You wrote this:

you are a willfully ignorant gun banner.

If you can’t prove it, retract it.

If you won’t do that, you’re a liar
Doesn’t work that way sugar tits.

I demonstrated my point in that very post. You pulled your assertion right out of your ass.

C

Capitalist

You did not prove that I have any desire to ban guns.
I’m not talking about your desire. In fact, I gave you an out. I said you’re ignorant. You’ve been educated so the “willful” part is on you.

Having said all that, you’re still a gun banner as I’ve demonstrated using your words.

And no retraction from you which makes you a liar.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I’m not talking about your desire. In fact, I gave you an out. I said you’re ignorant. You’ve been educated so the “willful” part is on you.

Having said all that, you’re still a gun banner as I’ve demonstrated using your words.

WTF? Using my words, eh? You Are A Liar.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

And you are defending the "liberty" to sell guns to ex-felons as demonstrated by your own words.

C

Capitalist

And you are defending the "liberty" to sell guns to ex-felons as demonstrated by your own words.
Your UBC leads to gun banning. You now know this. So now your ignorance is willful. Yours is a policy issue.

I refuse to sell to an ex-con. No law or policy can change that. Mine is an individual issue that can’t be manipulated for more nefarious ends.

Yours leads to gun banning yet you still embrace it. Therefore, you’re a gun banner.
Mine does not lead to me selling to an ex-con. It doesn’t increase the sale to ex-cons. In fact, more guns in circulation by John Q Public reduces the likelihood that a would-be felon will use his gun. Witness Kennesaw, GA.

This means that I told the truth and you’re a liar.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Your UBC leads to gun banning. You now know this. So now your ignorance is willful. Yours is a policy issue.

I refuse to sell to an ex-con. No law or policy can change that. Mine is an individual issue that can’t be manipulated for more nefarious ends.

Yours leads to gun banning yet you still embrace it. Therefore, you’re a gun banner.
Mine does not lead to me selling to an ex-con. It doesn’t increase the sale to ex-cons. In fact, more guns in circulation by John Q Public reduces the likelihood that a would-be felon will use his gun. Witness Kennesaw, GA.

This means that I told the truth and you’re a liar.
No, background checks doesn't lead to gun bans. They've been in effect in Colorado for 5 years. No gun bans. You've lied. Your lie is willful. Yours is an integrity issue.

You don't know if you are selling to an ex-con. You do not know if the person you are selling to has a restraining order. You prefer ignorance to being forced to know.