• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Another Poem to MaryAnne

RedCloud

Mayor
Awhile back some posters were relating instances whereby they had had minor mishaps or embarrassing acts. MaryAnne posted that she had once passed out while planting some flowers. I decided I could get a poem out of that , so here is my attempt.

BTW, for you nosy posters out there, mine and MaryAnne's relationship is strictly platonic!

MaryAnne's Flowers

I had a place reserved in my yard
For my blue hibiscus and phlox
I knew they needed room to grow
And not be confined to a box.

I carefully spaded the ground up
And planted my flowers with care
But when I stood up to admire my work
The whole scene turned to a blur.

I must have fallen backwards
As the knot on my head will attest
But I was determined not to cry
I would pretend to be brave at best.

When I staggered back in to the house
My husband looked up and said,
"Honey, when digging a bed for your flowers,
Use your spade instead of your head."

MaryAnne

Governor
Awhile back some posters were relating instances whereby they had had minor mishaps or embarrassing acts. MaryAnne posted that she had once passed out while planting some flowers. I decided I could get a poem out of that , so here is my attempt.

BTW, for you nosy posters out there, mine and MaryAnne's relationship is strictly platonic!

MaryAnne's Flowers

I had a place reserved in my yard
For my blue hibiscus and phlox
I knew they needed room to grow
And not be confined to a box.

I carefully spaded the ground up
And planted my flowers with care
But when I stood up to admire my work
The whole scene turned to a blur.

I must have fallen head first
As the knot on my head will attest
But I was determined not to cry
I would pretend to be brave at best.

When I staggered back in to the house
My husband looked up and said,
"Honey, when digging a bed for your flowers,
Use your spade instead of your head."
That is a good one Red Cloud. Problem is I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on the Concrete driveway:eek:) It is still funny as heck. Thank you. I did plant a blue one though.

BTW,you should see my roses. I cut them back and they are one solid mass of blooms!

RedCloud

Mayor
That is a good one Red Cloud. Problem is I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on the Concrete driveway:eek:) It is still funny as heck. Thank you. I did plant a blue one though.

BTW,you should see my roses. I cut them back and they are one solid mass of blooms!
MaryAnne, I had to take some poetic license. I tried to PM you to get some details, but was blocked.

I can visualize your beautiful roses. Keep up the good work

RC

MaryAnne

Governor
MaryAnne, I had to take some poetic license. I tried to PM you to get some details, but was blocked.

I can visualize your beautiful roses. Keep up the good work

RC
I know,I loved it. Aren't you a friend?If not,you will get a request for one.

Council Member
why is it if someone ask a question about what someone says, and it's not hurtful they can get a bad mark for having that persons name in the top post, then again another person can do it and it's OK?

If one can't use a person in the top post, then it should be for everyone, not just if you don't mind it, it's ok!

Have nothing against Red or Mary Ann, just asking a question that maybe someone could explain why it happens, or am I missing something here? Thought the pome was nice and well written, as Red seems to be very good at writing.

RedCloud

Mayor
why is it if someone ask a question about what someone says, and it's not hurtful they can get a bad mark for having that persons name in the top post, then again another person can do it and it's OK?

If one can't use a person in the top post, then it should be for everyone, not just if you don't mind it, it's ok!

Have nothing against Red or Mary Ann, just asking a question that maybe someone could explain why it happens, or am I missing something here? Thought the pome was nice and well written, as Red seems to be very good at writing.
48, I don't fully understand your question. I don't know all the rules by any means, so I just blunder along and whistle as I go. If I'm going the wrong way on a one-way street I just yell at the oncoming traffic, "Hey, turn around you idiot!"

MaryAnne

Governor

I may be wrong, but there was no call out in the top post.Quite the opposite. Red Cloud is a talented Poet.

You may be surprised to know, but so is Jack Dallas. Loree who posts here occasionally has a Poetry site. We also have couple of Authors here. My claim to fame is a lifetime of Letters To the Editor. I have had 1 turned down over the years.

I guess you could say we are frustrated writers.

MaryAnne

Governor
48, I don't fully understand your question. I don't know all the rules by any means, so I just blunder along and whistle as I go. If I'm going the wrong way on a one-way street I just yell at the oncoming traffic, "Hey, turn around you idiot!"

There has been some discussion about top post call outs, Red Cloud. They are meant to be rude. According to what I read in Dave's rules that is one of them. A mod can correct me if I am wrong.

RedCloud

Mayor
Just on general shit-pitchin' principles R-Cloud, I'm gonna pitch ya shit for "phlox".
Fair, if you are questioning my use of "phlox," it is a flower. MaryAnne planted some.

Keep pitching though. I'm sacking it and selling it as fertilizer!

fairsheet

Senator
Fair, if you are questioning my use of "phlox," it is a flower. MaryAnne planted some.

Oh, I know phlox is a flower! It's just that phlox/box seems soooo convenient. I mean, what about viburnum, or hydrangea, or hibiscus...?

RedCloud

Mayor
Oh, I know phlox is a flower! It's just that phlox/box seems soooo convenient. I mean, what about viburnum, or hydrangea, or hibiscus...?
Fair, I ain't planting no orange tree or trying to write a poem about it!

BTW, MaryAnne said in her original post that she was planting hibiscus and phlox-thus my use of the word.

I asked my florist for a bouquet of flowers
She recommended chrysanthemums
I told her I didn't want the damn things
Cause I couldn't even pronounce um.

MaryAnne

Governor

Now that is funny,Red Cloud! :eek:) Matter of fact I was planting pink phlox when I stood up and fell. It spreads so I was replanting some.

RedCloud

Mayor
Now that is funny,Red Cloud! :eek:) Matter of fact I was planting pink phlox when I stood up and fell. It spreads so I was replanting some.
MaryAnne, I remember in your post relating your accident that you mentioned you were planting hibiscus and phlox.

Fair was just pulling my leg. (My right leg has been pulled so many times that I now walk in circles)

MaryAnne

Governor
MaryAnne, I remember in your post relating your accident that you mentioned you were planting hibiscus and phlox.

Fair was just pulling my leg. (My right leg has been pulled so many times that I now walk in circles)
I grew up in the hills of Southern Ohio. My left leg is longer from walking around the hills. An old friend from childhood reminded me of that:eek:)

fairsheet

Senator

BTW, MaryAnne said in her original post that she was planting hibiscus and phlox-thus my use of the word.

Don't be silly. It's the easiest word in the English language. Just say..."mum".

MaryAnne

Governor

How do you do with the Episcopal Church Red Cloud.I was told to emphasize the P*** part:eek:) Now I laugh every time I try to say it.