• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Another "truth" from the orange gawd of the right

EatTheRich

President
Only by your perverted definition of "fascism", something else you do not understand, the latest example of which would be trumps attempt to control the media by filing an EO against twitter simply because they "fact checked" one of his many lies (Something you lack the integrity to do). The GOP itself engages in Fascism with its constant challenges to voters rights especially among minorities. Then too, one can use as an example of GOP Fascism their passing of "Preemptive Legislation" designed to prevent cities, and other locales from passing rules, and laws, that are not particularly friendly to the GOP.

And all you have is "I did say......". No facts, no examples, nothing, as is usual for the empty suit mentality.

Remember, Mussolini founded the REPUBLICAN FASCIST PARTY

That sounds more like conservative repression than fascism. Fascists are repressive too, but the things you point to lack the popular-mobilization element that distinguishes fascism from capitalist state repression.

OldTrapper

Council Member
Twitter isn't "the media", it is supposed to be an open forum where ideas of every type can be shared and debated. This type of format affords Facebook and Twitter protections other media isn't allowed, like protection from lawsuits over slander.

If Twitter does NOT wish to function as an open forum, they become an editorial site, and are no longer subject to these protections. It's the curbing of free speech by Twitter that is fascist, not the president calling them on it.
Free speech has its limitations such as slander, and libel. If trump operated within those guidelines there would be no problem. But you, and those like you, could not care any less about the attacks trummp has made on others, nor will you. Trump wants to do way with the "230" protections so he can libel, and slander, freely as if anyone, especially on the right, is doing anything to stop him now.

Last edited:

Colorforms

Senator
Free speech has its limitations such as slander, and libel. If trump operated within those guidelines there would be no problem. But you, and those like you, could not care any less about the attacks trummp has made on others, nor will you. Trump wants to do way with the "230" protections so he can libel, and slander, freely as if anyone, especially on the right, is doing anything to stop him now.
I don't think you quite know what is going on. Right now, Twitter can NOT be held liable for libel or slander or even threats posted on their site. If Twitter started regulating speech, then it loses those protections because it is no longer an open forum.

Regulating Trump's Tweets opens Twitter up to accusations of restricting speech, and endangers their protections, as it should.

OldTrapper

Council Member
I don't think you quite know what is going on. Right now, Twitter can NOT be held liable for libel or slander or even threats posted on their site. If Twitter started regulating speech, then it loses those protections because it is no longer an open forum.
I never said they could be. However, should a person be allowed to use a public forum for the purpose of spreading lies, propaganda, and just total bull shit as trump does, and the mindless ones accept?

Regulating Trump's Tweets opens Twitter up to accusations of restricting speech, and endangers their protections, as it should.
Only by the right wing sycophants who wish to destroy the right of the people to a civilized society with no moral backbone. They are the ones threatening legal action. You have rules in this forum so that if I call you a dumb f**king luddite I can be banned. However, trump is free to do the same on twitter with no consequences. trump needs too be contained, and it is certain the likes of you will not do it.

Colorforms

Senator
I never said they could be. However, should a person be allowed to use a public forum for the purpose of spreading lies, propaganda, and just total bull shit as trump does, and the mindless ones accept?
Part of being an open forum is that you don't get to determine what are lies and propaganda and what are not. The people at Facebook and Twitter are not seers with a direct line to whatever is true and just in the universe. As such, their judgement as to what is true or not is just as fallible as the rest of ours. When they start imposing their version of the truth on the people posting, who may even have more knowledge and insight then they do, the less of an open forum it becomes.

They are in dangerous territory right now.

Only by the right wing sycophants who wish to destroy the right of the people to a civilized society with no moral backbone. They are the ones threatening legal action. You have rules in this forum so that if I call you a dumb f**king luddite I can be banned. However, trump is free to do the same on twitter with no consequences. trump needs too be contained, and it is certain the likes of you will not do it.
This is not an open forum, this is an opinion blog, and as such is not afforded the same kinds of leeway that Facebook and Twitter have. Facebook and Twitter do have terms of service which help to keep things more palatable, but they do not nor should they have final say in what is true and what isn't.