• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Any barbecue experts around here?

Fins

Fray Terror
ive got a damn good handle on how to cook anything that oinks with some fire. But Ive decided to try my hand for the first time at a brisket for Memorial Day weekend. I’ve been reluctant for a while to try smoking a brisket after eating a lot of bad brisket when traveling. Looking for any advice or tips I can find.

Jen

Senator
Cooking brisket: Low (heat) and long. Don't short change the time and heat should be about 350 degrees.

Fins

Fray Terror
I’m not sure if my reply should be well yeah, duh, got that part. Or are you saying it’s just that simple and not a big deal?

Jen

Senator
I’m not sure if my reply should be well yeah, duh, got that part. Or are you saying it’s just that simple and not a big deal?
I usually google to find recipes for rubs, but I think the main secret to it is the duh part I wrote. Bad brisket has usually been cooked on heat that's too high at too short a time. It's not just a big steak. ;)

Fins

Fray Terror
I’m good on rub. It’s screwing up during cooking I’ve been worried about. A lot of the stuff I’ve read is pretty much the same as cooking Pork butts. Low and slow like you said. But then I find info about people cooking a lot of bad briskets. But that could be people buying bad meat. Hopefully it’s as simple as you make it

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Me too on a butt. But on brisket I’ve read mixed opinions. But up would seem logical to me.
after you ask and of course I googled, all recipes said start with fat UP

hell, now you have me wanting to try doing one