• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Any myth that white cops shoot black suspects disproportionately is totally shattered. The left lies

Dino

Russian Asset
This comprehensive and peer-reviewed study shows that Blacks are not disproportionately shot by white officers. They are shot by police of their own race more often. Plus they are not shot disproportionately based on the crime rates in the areas in which they live. For example, in certain years Blacks make up more than half of all homicide victims, while making up just 15% of the population. And they are shot by Black suspects more than 90% of the time.

Still curious about this myth of "systemic racism". While we know Blacks live in higher crime areas and are much more likely victims of violent crimes, there is no such statistics, information, or studies showing where or how police forces devolve into systemic racism as a policing method.

We did not find evidence for anti-Black or anti-Hispanic disparity in police use of force across all shootings, and, if anything, found anti-White disparities when controlling for race-specific crime. While racial disparity did vary by type of shooting, no one type of shooting showed significant anti-Black or -Hispanic disparity. The uncertainty around these estimates highlights the need for more data before drawing conclusions about disparities in specific types of shootings.

A new study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences demolishes the Democratic narrative regarding race and police shootings, which holds that white officers are engaged in an epidemic of racially biased shootings of black men. It turns out that white officers are no more likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot black civilians. It is a racial group’s rate of violent crime that determines police shootings, not the race of the officer. The more frequently officers encounter violent suspects from any given racial group, the greater the chance that members of that racial group will be shot by a police officer. In fact, if there is a bias in police shootings after crime rates are taken into account, it is against white civilians, the study found.

The authors, faculty at Michigan State University and the University of Maryland at College Park, created a database of 917 officer-involved fatal shootings in 2015 from more than 650 police departments. Fifty-five percent of the victims were white, 27 percent were black, and 19 percent were Hispanic. Between 90 and 95 percent of the civilians shot by officers in 2015 were attacking police or other citizens; 90 percent were armed with a weapon. So-called threat-misperception shootings, in which an officer shoots an unarmed civilian after mistaking a cellphone, say, for a gun, were rare.

Earlier studies have also disproven the idea that white officers are biased in shooting black citizens. The Black Lives Matter narrative has been impervious to the truth, however.

Last edited:

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Of course it's a myth. I've been saying this for years. We know why Blacks perpetuate such a lie, but why does White America allow it to be spread and trumpeted as gospel? Why aren't Mainstream media outlets setting the record straight? Why don't politicians come out and call it the lie that it is?

reason10

Governor
Of course it's a myth. I've been saying this for years. We know why Blacks perpetuate such a lie, but why does White America allow it to be spread and trumpeted as gospel? Why aren't Mainstream media outlets setting the record straight? Why don't politicians come out and call it the lie that it is?
Probably because the riots, death and destruction in every major blue state city is PRECISELY what the fake news media wants, after all.

Dino

Russian Asset
Watching these rallies I'm amazed at just how many SJW white people are there. I can understand this event being for a certain black unity, but to have so many gullible white people out there, it's bizarre. I think if more people opened themselves up to the facts, and not the emotion that would be different.
But therein lies the big difference between conservatives and liberals.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Watching these rallies I'm amazed at just how many SJW white people are there. I can understand this event being for a certain black unity, but to have so many gullible white people out there, it's bizarre. I think if more people opened themselves up to the facts, and not the emotion that would be different.
But therein lies the big difference between conservatives and liberals.
White Guilt is a poison that’s been injected into the American psyche for decades. It will be the end of this nation.

OldTrapper

Council Member
This comprehensive and peer-reviewed study shows that Blacks are not disproportionately shot by white officers. They are shot by police of their own race more often.
The only thing you are proving is that people are going to see, and believe, what they want to see, and believe. Both of your "studies" were done over a year ago, and are hardly new. Plus they were done with incomplete, and in many cases false, data.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
The only thing you are proving is that people are going to see, and believe, what they want to see, and believe. Both of your "studies" were done over a year ago, and are hardly new. Plus they were done with incomplete, and in many cases false, data.

Can you point out any 'false' data?

UPNYA2

Mayor

" Both of your "studies" were done over a year ago, and are hardly new."

Comprehensive studies take time.
To find systematic racism would take time.
Any study done less than a year before now would not be capable of showing a trend.

"Plus they were done with incomplete, and in many cases false, data."

Such as…?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

so, dismiss it because it's old... while 'disproving' with your own equally old reference?

Dino

Russian Asset

Well bad news for you, the numbers of police shootings of unarmed people have gone down two years in a row, it's a quarter what it was in 2015.
That's due to increased prevalence of less than lethal weaponry becoming more widespread.

In addition, your link does incredibly little to debunk, but rather backs the study I lead with. Once, where it tries to differ with the diverse peer-reviewed stud, it uses an inaccurate guideline..."Although more white people are shot in total, people from minority ethnic groups are shot at higher rates by population. "
But law enforcement people and statistics don't use such a measure. They use "violent crime rates", "violent crime suspects" or "police encounters" as a standard. And that's where they discovered that violent crime suspects are mostly shot by people of their own race, destroying the myth that racist cops are shooting people due to some :systemic racism" that does NOT exist.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
White Guilt is a poison that’s been injected into the American psyche for decades. It will be the end of this nation.

Offer reparations. Trillions. But with the caveat that every race based discrimination law be repealed.

Playing field leveled.

Then in 2 years see what happens.

It will be back to just like today.

OldTrapper

Council Member
I'm arguing it's been that way for over 5 decades.

Otherwise, why would the left need to concoct so many lies about Trump to oppose him?
What lies?

If the right was so confident in itself why does it work dso hard to prevent minorities from voting? Why stack the Courts with unqualified, and incompetent, Justices some of whom have never sat in a Courtroom? Why try to destroy the Constitution? And the list goes on.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Unlike the one you are making excuses for, I never claimed it was new research. My point is, and it is hard for you low IQ types to comprehend, is that the numbers are not there to make any hard based conclusions.
hey trapper. did i insult you in my post?

Dino

Russian Asset
What lies?

If the right was so confident in itself why does it work dso hard to prevent minorities from voting? Why stack the Courts with unqualified, and incompetent, Justices some of whom have never sat in a Courtroom? Why try to destroy the Constitution? And the list goes on.
I think you answered your own question right there in the same post you asked it!
That’s remarkably convenient. Saves bandwidth.