• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Any of you folks finding that ads on this site have become more intrusive?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Sometimes they launch a dialog box on top of your desktop so that you can’t see the page you opened unless you “x” the top right corner. Also, ads are now placed within the footprint of posted strands themselves (they are inserted INTO the chain of posts).

I know many folks don’t run Safari or Explorer but some other browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)...but anyone else experiencing this? Just started a couple of days ago.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Sometimes they launch a dialog box on top of your desktop so that you can’t see the page you opened unless you “x” the top right corner. Also, ads are now placed within the footprint of posted strands themselves (they are inserted INTO the chain of posts).

I know many folks don’t run Safari or Explorer but some other browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)...but anyone else experiencing this? Just started a couple of days ago.
Pay to remove the ads... :)

Jen

Senator

Nope.
I don't see ads here at all when I'm using my laptop.
I use Firefox.

freyasman

Senator

Yeah, I'm getting it too..... PITA.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!

This adblocker works well.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/adblock-plus-beta/9nblggh4r9nz?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I made a post a couple days ago that had 5 ads inside of my single post. Not between the posts but actually inside the text of my post. It made it almost unreadable.

I'm not the only one either. I've seen plenty of other posts that had up to 5 advertisements within the single post.

It wouldn't be so bad if the ads were between the individual posts in a thread but to place the ad inside the post is most irritating.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I made a post a couple days ago that had 5 ads inside of my single post. Not between the posts but actually inside the text of my post. It made it almost unreadable.

I'm not the only one either. I've seen plenty of other posts that had up to 5 advertisements within the single post.

It wouldn't be so bad if the ads were between the individual posts in a thread but to place the ad inside the post is most irritating.
Totally agree. This actually interferes directly with the reading and posting - the very purpose of the forum. Some serious re-formatting needs to occur. Forum usability is very much reduced. I hope this is addressed soon.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Thank you, Addy! I'll give it a look.
YW... it's the adblocker I use. it's been very reliable for me or I wouldn't have recommended it.. You can pause it when the need arises... then turned back on.
Some sites won't let you on unless ads are allowed.

4/15

Mayor

What ads?

Barbella

Senator

Yes. It’s so annoying I don’t enjoy posting here anymore