• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Anybody can save something. True or False.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I could, say, skip the Starbucks Grande Blonde No Room (yep, really...that means a medium coffee no space in the cup for milk) tomorrow and instead buy a coffe at MCD's for a buck.

Savings...about $1.

You? what could you do to save some money.

Let's all festoon this with replies...in turn helping one another get on our way.

(note: I'm fixated on the word festoon lately...dunno why...so if'n by chanceyou can do me a solid and work that in somehow...well..I'll be a smiling...)

best,

Phil.

Bo-4

Senator
I don't know many guys who support a family of four on 30 or 40k that stop at Starbucks each morning on the way to work Phil.. just sayin'.

Lukey

Senator
I could (and do) buy my clothes off ebay instead of department stores and Brooks Brothers. I am currently festooned in a nifty blue suede vest ($10) and a nice blue & grey checked cashmire Burberry sport coat ($41). That stuff used to cost me hundreds more when I shopped (new) retail. Just send them to the dry cleaner when they arrive because somebody might of died in it...

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Perhaps, but I do know several who stop by the market each week for a twelve pack.

I know one guy whose back porch is festooned with empties. (How's that Phil?)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I like it.

I'd say a) throw those empties in recycling (save the planet n all.) not to mention the appearance of the back porch. eek.

b). Phil buys by the case. cheaper that way. cheaper means savings. $. bling.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I always found BB clothes to be over priced and incorrectly sized.

that said....$41 for a Burburry huh? you dont say....

Just go buy you a tub, make that two, of bluebell vanilla ice cream and make a strong pot of Folgers. No garnish needed.

Can't remember the last time I was in a Starbucks. I'd say if someone is going to Starbucks, they don't mind the price, the same way someone who goes to a bar doesn't mind the added cost of the booze.

Jen

Senator
I got into posting trouble once a few years ago when a nice lady poster and cyber friend of mine posted to me that her car was festooned with decorative "come home soon" ribbons (and other colored ribbons for other things) ...................right after I said that festooning one's car was stupid and could ruin the looks of a good car. Needless to say, that ended any remarks I would make in the future of festoonery.
But I will say here that festoonation is a personal choice. So if you enjoy festoonish-like decorations..........go for it.

Hope you are smiling now.

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
I don't know many guys who support a family of four on 30 or 40k that stop at Starbucks each morning on the way to work Phil.. just sayin'.
Mr. Bo,

that sounds like a good suggestion, i.e., use all your spare time to post inane responses just so you can rack up Jack Bucks and get gift cards. Personally, I would use my spare time more efficiently, but more power to you

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
Mr. Phil,

I have broadcast tv (granted it may not work in other locations, but I get about 50 channels and about 30 of them are in English) and have a pay as you go cell phone plan. Also, I have keep a list of everything I need and catagorize them by priority, and buy those items when they are on sale.

Also, I commute in my work truck, so that saves a boatload of gas...;<)