• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

AOC Suggests DC Weather Event Was Evidence of “the Climate Crisis”

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
And I got slapped silly by people who know more than me (which is about everyone)

BTW- I use the term 'y'all to sound hip, and 'woke' LOL

The weather event, she was confident, was evidence that “the climate crisis is real, y’all – guess we’re at casual tornadoes in growing regions of the country?”

Her Instagram notes on this issue caught the attention of meteorologist Ryan Maue, who responded on Twitter by correcting AOC and noting the difference between climate and weather:

The Congresswoman @AOC does not know the difference between weather and climate.

Let's try an easy analogy:

Weather is what outfit you wear heading out the door.

Climate is your closet wardrobe. pic.twitter.com/mmdLr6F2mD

— Ryan Maue (@RyanMaue) May 24, 2019

AND

Self-described weather watcher and Democrat Mitch Drabenstott suggested the weather ignorance in the Democratic party was not limited to Ocasio-Cortez:

I’m a dem but even our own politicians don’t know how the weather works. Literally anything unusual they blame on climate change. So annoying, one of my biggest gripes of the party

— Mitch Drabenstott (@mitchdwx) May 23, 2019

EatTheRich

President
And I got slapped silly by people who know more than me (which is about everyone)

The weather event, she was confident, was evidence that “the climate crisis is real, y’all – guess we’re at casual tornadoes in growing regions of the country?”

Her Instagram notes on this issue caught the attention of meteorologist Ryan Maue, who responded on Twitter by correcting AOC and noting the difference between climate and weather:

The Congresswoman @AOC does not know the difference between weather and climate.

AND

Self-described weather watcher and Democrat Mitch Drabenstott suggested the weather ignorance in the Democratic party was not limited to Ocasio-Cortez:

I’m a dem but even our own politicians don’t know how the weather works. Literally anything unusual they blame on climate change. So annoying, one of my biggest gripes of the party

Once again her comment was misrepresented (probably deliberately). She was not talking about a single weather event, but about an unusual string of recent ones that lasted for weeks without respite. Now it is true that most climate models have predicted fewer tornadoes, not more. But it is also evident that a single string of powerful tornadoes in rapid fire is just one among many examples of virtually unprecedented weather that taken as a whole amounts to a pattern of deviation from the long-standing norm. And because weather is a complex system the day-to-day details of that pattern will be chaotic.

Colorforms

Senator

AND

A woman who is amazed by plants and garbage disposals is a great resource to follow

Once again her comment was misrepresented (probably deliberately). She was not talking about a single weather event, but about an unusual string of recent ones that lasted for weeks without respite. Now it is true that most climate models have predicted fewer tornadoes, not more. But it is also evident that a single string of powerful tornadoes in rapid fire is just one among many examples of virtually unprecedented weather that taken as a whole amounts to a pattern of deviation from the long-standing norm. And because weather is a complex system the day-to-day details of that pattern will be chaotic.
Ah no, that is not true. Strings of powerful tornados in rapid fire are nothing new at all. They are, in fact, quite common.
Getting the facts is so easy these days. You really should try it before you pop off here on a subject you know nothing about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_tornadoes_and_tornado_outbreaks

EatTheRich

President
Ah no, that is not true. Strings of powerful tornados in rapid fire are nothing new at all. They are, in fact, quite common.
Getting the facts is so easy these days. You really should try it before you pop off here on a subject you know nothing about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_tornadoes_and_tornado_outbreaks
Per your source: tornadoes per decade in the U.S.

1880s: 164
1890s: 99
1900s: 102
1910s: 345
1920s: 265
1930s: 313
1940s: 176
1950s: 576
1960s: 693
1970s: 687
1980s: 1103
1990s: 2148
2000s: 4240
2010s: 4792 (so far)

EatTheRich

President
Tornado outbreaks/outbreak sequences per decade

1880s: 7
1890s: 6
1900s:4
1910s: 12
1920s: 15
1930s: 13
1940s: 12
1950s: 21
1960s:17
1970s: 14
1980s: 29
1990s: 37
2000s: 63
2010s: 65 (so far)

Per your source: tornadoes per decade in the U.S.

1880s: 164
1890s: 99
1900s: 102
1910s: 345
1920s: 265
1930s: 313
1940s: 176
1950s: 576
1960s: 693
1970s: 687
1980s: 1103
1990s: 2148
2000s: 4240
2010s: 4792 (so far)
We weren't counting total tornados, the discussion was about multiple outbreaks.
You are making the mistake of assuming the totals for those 19th century storms are complete, when their lack of communications makes such an assumption impossible.
Point number three, you aren't counting outbreaks of multiple tornados, you switched from counting swarms to the actual number of tornados in order to increase your numbers. That is completely dishonest, a typical leftist tactic when it comes to weather. Your mentors have taught you well. You aren't trustworthy in any sense.

EatTheRich

President
We weren't counting total tornados, the discussion was about multiple outbreaks.
You are making the mistake of assuming the totals for those 19th century storms are complete, when their lack of communications makes such an assumption impossible.
Point number three, you aren't counting outbreaks of multiple tornados, you switched from counting swarms to the actual number of tornados in order to increase your numbers. That is completely dishonest, a typical leftist tactic when it comes to weather. Your mentors have taught you well. You aren't trustworthy in any sense.
People didn’t have “means of communicating” when cars were invented?

Check out the post you didn’t quote, which counts swarms.