• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Are there culinary freaks here?

Wahbooz

Governor
I love cooking, I put myself part way through college cooking in various restaurants, and I know there's at least a couple who love Asian cooking; you know who you are, my friends. I know this may seem crazy, but what about a forum for cooking enthusiasts? I love every type of cuisine, from Italian to Asian, but not so much politics, it gives me heartburn. I think it might be fun to exchange ideas with like minded people.

Maybe at the entertainment board. After all, what better entertainment is there than food.
Go with it Wahbooz, here, why not? If it catches on I'm sure SW could find it a slot xxx

There should be a condition that with each recipe must come a story - related or otherwise.

Last edited:

Fast Eddy

Mayor
I have spent a lot of Time in Asia and really grew to like their food.

The little octopus ball soaked in batter and cooked too little round balls are addictive. I couldn't pass one without buying a few. I have never seen them sold in the states.

Kimchee smells like hell and most people make fun of it, but if you ever visit Korea and sample their versions it is very good. Every province has their version and there are over 100 provinces, so a wide range of taste.

I find the duck beaks that Taiwan women all seem to like being strange.

The little octopus ball soaked in batter and cooked too little round balls are addictive. I couldn't pass one without buying a few. I have never seen them sold in the states.

Kimchee smells like hell and most people make fun of it, but if you ever visit Korea and sample their versions it is very good. Every province has their version and there are over 100 provinces, so a wide range of taste.

I demand a story and the recipes - :)

Jen

Senator
Maybe at the entertainment board. After all, what better entertainment is there than food.
It would be nice if the management here would provide your cooking thread with a sticky to keep it up top of the Entertainment board (or wherever it ends up).

Jen

Senator

I have tasted Kimchee and it was fine.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
I demand a story and the recipes - :)
I'm not much of a cook, so can't help on the recipes. LobeeBeef is very good. They have a lot of noodle dishes and you have to be quick when they bring it to your table as they tend to break raw eggs over everything.

When I first went to Japan it was the early 70's and Vietnam was going. I checked in and went out on the street to look around. Down the street came a big mob chanting anti-American slogans. When the Mob passed by I got a lot of friendly waves from the protesters, always thought it strange. I could see bus loads of police pulling up about a block away. They came charging down the allies and grabbed the people and put them on buses, The whole thing was over in 15 minutes, which was amazing as there was between 5k and 10k people. The police were brutal and efficient. They had a few of these while I was there.

I'm not much of a cook, so can't help on the recipes. LobeeBeef is very good. They have a lot of noodle dishes and you have to be quick when they bring it to your table as they tend to break raw eggs over everything.

When I first went to Japan it was the early 70's and Vietnam was going. I checked in and went out on the street to look around. Down the street came a big mob chanting anti-American slogans. When the Mob passed by I got a lot of friendly waves from the protesters, always thought it strange. I could see bus loads of police pulling up about a block away. They came charging down the allies and grabbed the people and put them on buses, The whole thing was over in 15 minutes, which was amazing as there was between 5k and 10k people. The police were brutal and efficient. They had a few of these while I was there.
But Eddy, I chant Anti American slogans all of the time and yet I love you all. It ain't personal -

Thank you for the story ---- I know you have a lot a lot a lot of them tucked up your sleeve ---- shall we wheedle them outta you over Wahbooz's cuisine? ;)

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
It would be nice if the management here would provide your cooking thread with a sticky to keep it up top of the Entertainment board (or wherever it ends up).
I could do that. If a thread is started there,I will pin it. Someone lemme know.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
But Eddy, I chant Anti American slogans all of the time and yet I love you all. It ain't personal -

Thank you for the story ---- I know you have a lot a lot a lot of them tucked up your sleeve ---- shall we wheedle them outta you over Wahbooz's cuisine? ;)
I understand those sentiments - Bloody good!

Wahbooz

Governor

Kimchee is not only good, but healthy. But then so is so much of Asian cuisine...... I'll still leave out Balut though, never could do that.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Kimchee is not only good, but healthy. But then so is so much of Asian cuisine...... I'll still leave out Balut though, never could do that.

great for a stomach ache.. sauerkraut too.. naturally fermented stuff.. the bacteria in them are great for digestion.

Wahbooz

Governor
great for a stomach ache.. sauerkraut too.. naturally fermented stuff.. the bacteria in them are great for digestion.
Hey, Phil, welcome. Yes, Sauerkraut definitely is. My mothers father used to eat Sauerkraut and sausage all the time. They came from Russia and migrated here. I don't think I ever saw him eat anything else, and don't ever recall him with an upset stomach.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, Phil, welcome. Yes, Sauerkraut definitely is. My mothers father used to eat Sauerkraut and sausage all the time. They came from Russia and migrated here. I don't think I ever saw him eat anything else, and don't ever recall him with an upset stomach.
good stuff..