• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Are there culinary freaks here?

Barbella

Senator
Yukon Gold potatoes?

I like that you departed from the Mayonnaise, Barb. So often that is what dressing people use. Porbably one reason why people love it so much, it's different. Every try celery diced as an additive?
Yukon Gold would be good, just slice them fairly thin, not big chunks. I never tried celery... personally, I'm not crazy about celery, and to me, it would ruin the whole thing... LOL

But what the heck... if you like celery, you may have just invented a new recipe! Let me know how it turns out!

Fast Eddy

Mayor
My niece is Korean. My sister adopted her when she was only 6 months old. Even though she grew up mostly on American food, my sister tried to add in some Korean. They learned how to make Kimchee and it's a natural for her :). I've never had the opportunity to try it. But I know what it smells like! Lol!
Kimchee is the national Dish in Korea and they are very proud of the various types and tastes. It's hard to exist in LKorea without eating it, it's like Potatoes to us. Koreans are very smart industrious people. Of all the Asians they seem to do really well.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I love cooking, I put myself part way through college cooking in various restaurants, and I know there's at least a couple who love Asian cooking; you know who you are, my friends. I know this may seem crazy, but what about a forum for cooking enthusiasts? I love every type of cuisine, from Italian to Asian, but not so much politics, it gives me heartburn. I think it might be fun to exchange ideas with like minded people.
I love eating but not real fond of cooking. My daughter (born in New Orleans) is a really good Cajun food cook and we have some really good meals around our house. I can grill hamburgers.

Caroljo

Senator
Kimchee is the national Dish in Korea and they are very proud of the various types and tastes. It's hard to exist in LKorea without eating it, it's like Potatoes to us. Koreans are very smart industrious people. Of all the Asians they seem to do really well.
It was just surprising to me how my niece prefers Korean food, yet she wasn't raised on it. My sister did make some, and she probably learned how to make kimchee so my niece would know it. She tried to teach her her heritage and to experience things from her country.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
I had a friend that was Norwegian and all he talked about was Lefse and lutefisk. He had us over for dinner, oh my, I now know what gag a maggot means!
Great people, bad food.

I came from a German background and my grandparents ate Blood sausage, Brains, and Pickled cows tongue. That and a lot of soups made mostly with Potatoes and cabbage.
I wish I was from an Italia heritage as a kid.
Lefse is just a potato bread......... it's thin like a crepe. Store bought is okay (about as good as store bought tortillas) but home made is better.

Wahbooz

Governor
I love eating but not real fond of cooking. My daughter (born in New Orleans) is a really good Cajun food cook and we have some really good meals around our house. I can grill hamburgers.
I'll be damned, where you been, Jack? I thought you fell off the earth or something.

Burgers are cooking, and it can be taken to a level some don't realize.

I like Cajun cooking.

Wahbooz

Governor
Yukon Gold would be good, just slice them fairly thin, not big chunks. I never tried celery... personally, I'm not crazy about celery, and to me, it would ruin the whole thing... LOL

But what the heck... if you like celery, you may have just invented a new recipe! Let me know how it turns out!
I will. I like celery, and the medicinal properties in celery. I even use the leaves, and add them to salads.

Wahbooz

Governor
If they do, I've never had it. There very little greek food that I care for. My mom loved making baklava & I think it's gross! :)
Hahaha. I love baklava, but it's so darn sweet it only takes one wedge for weeks. It can actually give me heartburn, and that's not easy. I eat jalapenos and other peppers all the time.

Wahbooz

Governor
One of my father's friends was Italian, and I helped them move their mother into her own house when she came to America from Italy. She spoke very little English, and I used to stop over and see her after school to do whatever I could for her. She was the sweetest lady, and thought I was way too skinny and set out to fatten me up.

Would anyone like to feel like they're Italian when they cook pasta? Try this from Il Volo called Mamma.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I'll be damned, where you been, Jack? I thought you fell off the earth or something.

Burgers are cooking, and it can be taken to a level some don't realize.

I like Cajun cooking.
Four of my books have been picked up by a publisher and I've been spending my time writing. I just kind of started missing the forum so I think I'll be hanging around a while. I've become the kinder, gentler, Jack Dallas.

Wahbooz

Governor
Four of my books have been picked up by a publisher and I've been spending my time writing. I just kind of started missing the forum so I think I'll be hanging around a while. I've become the kinder, gentler, Jack Dallas.
Well hey congratulations, that's great. But..........hahahaha

That'll be the day.

Yes congratulations for me too Jack xxx wonderful xxx

Wahbooz

Governor
Looking forward to seeing how much kinder and gentler you are. I hope your books go to the top, old man.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Looking forward to seeing how much kinder and gentler you are. I hope your books go to the top, old man.
Well, I've come to realize that people have different opinions than mine. I don't have to agree with those opinions but I do respect a person's right to have a different opinion; even if it IS batshit insane.

Wahbooz

Governor
Well, I've come to realize that people have different opinions than mine. I don't have to agree with those opinions but I do respect a person's right to have a different opinion; even if it IS batshit insane.
Yeah, like people who think Airdales are part of the real Navy. Ya gotta love it. Glad you still have a sense of humor.

Wahbooz

Governor
I'll have you know I've flown over some of the greatest ships in the 6th Fleet.
Welcome to my world, Jack. I spent so many days experiencing seas like this. I even watched the forecastle disappear under water, and bob back up. Waves nearly as high as the bridge I was standing on. Didn't even have to buy a ticket for the thrill ride.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Welcome to my world, Jack. I spent so many days experiencing seas like this. I even watched the forecastle disappear under water, and bob back up. Waves nearly as high as the bridge I was standing on. Didn't even have to buy a ticket for the thrill ride.

I don't envy you. I had some awesome times in the observation station of my Neptune, P2V: We flew past Gibraltar, on the way to Sicily once; and by the volcano Surtsey, off Iceland (way off); and once over the Enterprise CVN 65, I believe it is. That was really awesome.
I rented a Catamaran once and took my wife out on the Gulf (shallow water). The rental guy asked me if I knew how to sail. I told him I had been in the Navy. When I turned the thing over and had to drag it back to the rental place, he asked me what I had done in the Navy. I told him I flew on a patrol plane. He looked at me like I was an idiot. He should have asked me what I had done in the Navy before he rented me the boat.